2017 Raptor

So...

This past week I received an offer too good to pass up on my 2011 Raptor and we parted ways.  5 years was a good run, but who wouldn't take $5K less on trade than they PAID for it 60 months ago???

Our plan has been to pick up a 2018 Raptor if Ford doesn't end up screwing the first-year buyers again the way they did in 2011.  The 2010 Raptors are the ugly step-kid.  No crew-cab option and the 5.4L Triton motor as opposed to the 6.2L solid iron engine in the 2011+.  You can't give a 2010 away;  I've seen their value listed as low as $15K in some sources.  Ford really gave the early adopters the middle finger and I kind of suspect they may do it again in 2018.

The Ecoboost twin-turbo V6 may be impressive but truck guys want V8s.  My suspicion is that 2018 will see the 5.0L Coyote come to the Raptor, maybe even in boosted form.

So I cashed in on the unnaturally high resale value the old Raptor has right now, and am going to sit on the sidelines for the next two years to see what comes of the new truck.  Next year I figure the current Raptor's resale value will fall quite a bit as owners dump theirs to be the cool kids with the new truck, and flood the market.  Until I see what happens after year-one, I am going to be driving this beast:

11243999_10153479991010275_9155756092383

2015 Dodge Charger R/T "Scat Pack" edition with SRT 6.4L 392ci Hemi    :cool:

Very Nice car I have always liked those Chargers, I have an offshore buddy from Texas that has the Hellcat version which I think is overkill, you got the right model in my opinion and I love the color, please bring it by sometime
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

Very Nice car I have always liked those Chargers, I have an offshore buddy from Texas that has the Hellcat version which I think is overkill, you got the right model in my opinion and I love the color, please bring it by sometime

Thanks Willis!  Yeah we need to get together soon and blast some targets then have a beer somewhere afterward to cool down!

Truth be told they had a Hellcat Challenger in the showroom that we tried to buy but they wouldn't sell it.  It had been ordered for a friend of the dealership's owner (we were told) and he already had one or two others.  They did offer an allocation for a 2016 Hellcat if we wanted one, but with Dodge being flaky and canceling orders on them this past year and raising the price a bit more next year, we decided to hold for the moment.

The Hellcat may certainly be overkill but when's the last time you or me did something that wasn't?  :D

• Like 2

Thanks Willis!  Yeah we need to get together soon and blast some targets then have a beer somewhere afterward to cool down!

Truth be told they had a Hellcat Challenger in the showroom that we tried to buy but they wouldn't sell it.  It had been ordered for a friend of the dealership's owner (we were told) and he already had one or two others.  They did offer an allocation for a 2016 Hellcat if we wanted one, but with Dodge being flaky and canceling orders on them this past year and raising the price a bit more next year, we decided to hold for the moment.

The Hellcat may certainly be overkill but when's the last time you or me did something that wasn't?  :D

Good point, truth be told my Shelby is overkill but I love the damn thing anyway
  • Like 1

My cousin has a Platinum F-150 4x4 ecoboost and I hate it...the Raptor will obviously have more power than his setup, but I just dont like it...guess I'm old school and used to the V8's but with the EPA requirements going through the roof times are about to change...Still love raptors at the end of the day. I would not expect the Raptor to get any crazy good MPG either. The tires alone will screw that up because they are so heavy.

Edited by tennesseetiger
  • Like 1