First Complete AR Build

I finished this build back in April or May or something. Special thanks to Gordon for making my buffer less than 2 oz. I haven't ran this gun with the new Syrac gas block on it, but it has to run a little better than that cheap POS $20 adjustable gas block I had on it when I went out the range the first time. The rifle ran fine before the swap. I did modify the trigger springs to lighten up the pull, but it would not hurt if I polished the grit out of the trigger. The trigger pull is nothing to write home about, especially compared to my current project....

Anyways, if you wasted two minutes of your life taking that rot-gut excuse of a write up, you deserve a few pics to make up.

767c5g11gt96r22zg.jpg

gype3j4933vmdwezg.jpg

• Like 6
Very nice, and congrats! I've bough a couple of ALG QMS triggers just to have smoother than stock feel. For 46 bucks, I can't beat it. Once I practice polishing out the grit of stock triggers, then I won't pay for ones that have been polished. But for now, they are a great cheap upgrade.
  • Like 2

Very nice, and congrats! I've bough a couple of ALG QMS triggers just to have smoother than stock feel. For 46 bucks, I can't beat it. Once I practice polishing out the grit of stock triggers, then I won't pay for ones that have been polished. But for now, they are a great cheap upgrade.

My 300 bo pistol build (which won't be done anytime soon) has an ALG trigger, but I swapped the hammer out for a chopped down mil-spec that is polished up a good bit. Talk about a buttery smooth trigger pull that'll make a grown man blush in the middle of a moonless night on the third Saturday of any given January.

• Like 1

My 300 bo pistol build (which won't be done anytime soon) has an ALG trigger, but I swapped the hammer out for a chopped down mil-spec that is polished up a good bit. Talk about a buttery smooth trigger pull that'll make a grown man blush in the middle of a moonless night on the third Saturday of any given January.

I bet that is sweet! I've watched a few videos of guys bobbing hammers, just want to make sure I don't take off too much. But hey, that's what extra parts are for!

I really want to go the the range and see how the gas block, charging handle, and muzzle device feel. Forgot since the last time I went to the range I changed the charging handle out from a modified mil-spec, and muzzle device from an A2. Should be interesting.

Really like the handguard! I wasn't sure if I would like the round guards but I doub't I ever own another quad rail. I will go for one I can add rail sections to though if I need it.

This one is a cheapo Veriforce tactical one. It's more of a rounded octagon. I've seen some round rails and think they look better in person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Looks good dude! What are you using for the charging handle, the bearing/detent one?

I bet that thing shoots sooper soft...

We need to go shooting sometime soon, maybe get the Shoneys crew out?

We do need to set up another meet and eat at Shoney's and follow that up with a range trip the following weekend.

Why are you running such a light buffer in the gun? What length gas system is on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midlength. I tune the gas system to cylcle on as little gas as possible to eliminate as much recoil as I can. The less the rifle knocks around, the more accurate successive shots should be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Looks good dude! What are you using for the charging handle, the bearing/detent one?

I bet that thing shoots sooper soft...

We need to go shooting sometime soon, maybe get the Shoneys crew out?

Yeah, the SLR one. I really need to go to the range one weekend. I have the next couple weekends off, so text me if you have any ideas.

• 3 months later...

Forgot to update this. When to the range with the Clarksville meet. The charging handle and gasblock are good to go. Huge improvement on felt recoil and cycling with the gas block as well. Very glad I to know I didn't piss my money away on it to find out there was some other problem. 

Since then I've also changed out the upper and lower to a billet New Frontier Armory lower and a CMT upper. Looks very flashy and mean now. Thinking of using the other set for a future project.