PICO LCP, TCP, BodyGuard, Kel-Tec ???

kieefer

I have an LCP. I've shot it a lot, and carried it a lot. I can say it will dispatch opossums with impunity. I can keep all round inside a paper plate at 15 yards. It's easy to disassemble, clean, and reassemble. It carries well in a pocket. It's also been 100% reliable. No safeties, switches, buttons, levers, etc. to fuss over. Just point and click.

For a pocket pistol, I find it nearly perfect.

• Like 1

I have a Micro Eagle which is a Kevin pistol. I am not sure they make a smaller .380. It isn't exactly light at almost 14oz, it is full metal. However, due to it's size, a pocket will swallow it.

It is also worth noting that it is a handful when it goes bang, the epitome of a carry a lot, shoot a little gun.

[URL=http://s779.photobucket.com/user/richarddacat/media/MISC/IMG_0958_zpsuean3og5.jpg.html]IMG_0958_zpsuean3og5.jpg[/URL]

Satisfied my itch and I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Thank you Ben for the deal.  :usa:  Couldn't pass it up.  :up:

Thank you for the responses. 

• Like 4

Nice. Pick up a spare mag. Try some white or glow-in-the-dark paint on the sights (such as they are), it helps.

That was my first thought and project this morning, tap that site with some white.

Academy Sports had a good low price online for mags and I plan to see if the store has it priced the same.

Sad note, I couldn't make it to the range as planned.

That was my first thought and project this morning, tap that site with some white.

Academy Sports had a good low price online for mags and I plan to see if the store has it priced the same.

Sad note, I couldn't make it to the range as planned.

If it's the Academy on the north side, they don't. I stopped there wed to pick one up and they were out.

Great choice.  I carry an LCP nearly everyday.  Last time I shot it, I pulled it out of my pocket on a whim.  When it went bang, there was a puff of pocket lent that flew out of the gun.  I generally try to keep it cleaned out, but it was nice to know that even with it being kind of gummed up with pocket lent, it would still go bang. 

If you're looking for holster options, mine rides in a Bianchi model 152.  It works great, was not expensive, and has held up well. 

I tried various pocket 380's: P238, G42,and Kahr CW380. The CW380 is what I went with for pocket carry. Much smaller for pocket carry than other two and lighter. I had thought about the Beretta Pico, but I saw too many complaints.  The CW380 has mild recoil and has fed and ejected every thing that I have tried. I keep it loaded with Hornady Critical Defense in 90g FTX. This is lighter than my PM9 which I carry in pocket or IWB. 

I ran 100 rounds through the LCP today, only two FTF for whatever reason. I like it. Shot both ball and HP's

I also ran 100 rds through my BP9cc and had several FTF. Most of this ammo was reloaded but I think I found the main problem.

This is a striker fire pistol much like my SR9 and just like when my SR9 (and a SR9 compact I had for a while) was new this BP9 also had metal shavings in the striker channel. I bought this used and may be the reason it was traded in, don't know but when I got it I didn't shoot but maybe 25rds until today. This afternoon I did a meticulous cleaning.

Just a tip if anyone is not aware of this and has a striker fire pistol, the striker channel is something you should clean out.

Did I say I like my new LCP?  :usa:

• 3 weeks later...

I've been considering a real pocket .380 mouse gun such as in the size of the PICO and LCP ect.

I really haven't been a fan of this size except for my P238 that I usually have it in an ankle holster but in this hot weather I've been leaving it behind. I think I'd be happier with something in my back pocket or thinner and lighter on my ankle.  

So, if you have opinions of each or have tried them and found one over the other to be more reliable and comfortable to carry all the time I'd like to hear. 

I'm kinda favoring the Pico but read quite a few issues with early models, don't know of anyone with hands- on experiences.

Cheers  :usa:

Hello all,

New to the board but not new to shooting and carrying. I bought the Taurus TCP 738acp just because. What sold me on it was the terrific trigger and the last round fired hold open. The only problem was that it does not like cheap aluminum ammo. Other than that it is good to go.

I have not read the entire thread so cut me some slack cause I am new and do not want my feelings hurt.

LOL!!!

rd

One of my criteria for POCKET carry is that the weapon has to fit in MY pocket.  I wear the same type of pants daily, so I go to the store with them on and stick them in my pocket.  I carry a Diamondback .380 and a Sig 238.  Coincidentally, both fit (mostly, see below)  the same holster as my Ruger LCP that I had stolen from me.  (I was carrying it in my briefcase and the briefcase was stolen out of my car.  The holster was not in the briefcase.)  I was very excited to get a Pico until I handled one at the NRA, put it in my pocket, and alas, it did not fit.  When I say "fit" in my pocket, i am referring to my back pocket.  My criteria is that the gun fit in my back pocket and be concealed.  The diamondback .380 has become my daily go to pistol for back pocket carry when I am dressed such that I cannot conceal a larger weapon (or don't want to).  almost all of the .380s being sold fit in my front pocket, which I sometimes use.  I carry in a Desantis nemesis or a Galco leather front pocket.  The Galco does not totally 100% cover the trigger on the sig (covers it about 98%), so I don"t usually carry it with the sig, but the Desantis does.  I like the galco holster better, so i tend to carry the Diamondback more.  Also I do not personally prefer (I know many do, just not me) the 1911 platform, so this is also why I tend to favor the Diamondback.  The sig is a much "cooler" weapon that is more expensive and shoots better and I WANT to like it more, but when the rubber meats the road (or in this case, the leather meets my pocket), My EDC is more often than not the Diamondback .380, when I want to go small.

• 3 weeks later...