If anybody is on the fence about adopting a dog or cat...

btq96r

Makes me wish my lease didn't prohibit pets...maybe some of you folks are on the lookout for a new pet.  Please share as you see fit.

http://wkrn.com/2015/07/31/metro-animal-control-waives-adoptions-fees-after-reaching-capacity/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – The Metro Animal Care and Control is at capacity and is waiving adoption fees for all cats and dogs beginning Saturday.

Currently there are more than 200 pets in need of homes at the shelter located at 5125 Harding Place.

“Our shelter is completely full and every single pet here deserves a warm bed, a loving family and a place to call home,” said Metro Animal Care and Control spokeswoman Rebecca Morris.

All animals will be spayed or neutered, microchipped and vaccinated before going to their forever home.

Adopters should bring a valid form of identification, proof of address and a copy of their lease agreement and pet policy if renting. For more information on animal control’s adoption requirements, click here.

Metro Animal Control is open Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The waived fees continue through Saturday, Aug. 8.

• Like 4
Good stuff. We adopted two from a local shelter. The next day no one would have had the option to adopt them. They have been the best dogs. The big one has taken on the role of head of security for my son. Hope people will take advantage of the offer win win for everyone. Thanks for sharing.
  • Like 1

Don't let my wife know about this... we are pretty much at capacity with 4 cats already... 2 of them are rescues, and the other 2 she had before we married and they are getting up in years. I've told her 4 is the limit... if and when we lose one, we will get another, but not before.

I think that the unwritten rule is: anything over 4 in the house automatically qualifies you for "crazy cat lady" status...  4 or less is just a "cat lover". :shhh:

Edited by tartanphantom