Revolution Safes at NRA Convention...did anyone get a look?

WarPig

I HATE traditional safes. I have two and I am getting rid of both of them after years of angrily pulling out the one gun I need from the back, watching ARs and SBRs fall around in there, never having enough capacity....and the list goes on.

So I'm contemplating one of these Revolution Safes. https://www.revolutionsafes.com/products/stronghold-xl-tactical-edition/  First, ignore the price tag. I already talked with my wife and after I busted a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T a few weeks ago because it shifted out of my safe she realized the value in this thing. Buy once, cry once and have one safe that fits all my needs. I need a safe to hold ARs, SBRs, hunting rifles and shotguns, collector stuff, a bunch of pistols, and odd shaped things like AOWs and suppressors. This fits the bill. And from what I understand it's a solid safe with all the Pendleton gadgets without an $8k price tag.

Did anyone get there hands on one of these at the NRA convention? I was over that way but got distracted by the Pendleton safes and didn't see them. I can't find anyone around Nashville that has one...wondering if I need to make a little trip down to Atlanta to check them out.

I checked them out and really liked the design. One downside was the fire rating on the ones I looked at. Compared to the construction and fire rating of the Superior Safes I'm familiar with, it seemed like a large price tag for the "lazy Susan" components alone.

That's what I don't get. This one claims to have a 1200 degree fire rating. But the actual Pendleton's didn't. It's made out of a completely different material.

I couldn't figure out why the manufacturer your considering didn't make a unit with fire protection comparable to a really good safe but still with their lazy Susan design inside.

It appears that is what they have done. The Revolution brand has a comparable fire rating to what i have now AND the Pendleton interior. I may be wrong, I am planning on giving them a call. I wish I could just buy their interior design but they don't sell it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  • Admin Team

It's a great idea, even if it doesn't necessarily maximize the space available in a safe.

That said, I don't see anything spectacular about the safe itself.  Their angle seems to be marketing the rotating rack.  I bet with a lazy susan base from Lowe's, a jigsaw and a sheet pieces of 1/2 plywood, you could make something similar and save yourself a couple thousand dollars.  

• Like 5

It's a great idea, even if it doesn't necessarily maximize the space available in a safe.

That said, I don't see anything spectacular about the safe itself. Their angle seems to be marketing the rotating rack. I bet with a lazy susan base from Lowe's, a jigsaw and a sheet pieces of 1/2 plywood, you could make something similar and save yourself a couple thousand dollars.

I wonder if wood would hold up to all that weight.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I looked at building a lazy susan in one I had, did some more research on the Revolution and a few others and decided to pull the trigger on this one after I was offered a discount. Review to come.

I've been eyeing a Pendleton safe for years,but they're so darn expensive. These seem to be about half the price, but I can't help but consider how big of a safe I could buy for the same money.

I can't wait to hear what you think of yours when you get it.

In the meantime, I love to tinker around in the garage. There may be a lazy susan build in my near future, if I can find the parts I can't make myself.

• Like 1

I've been eyeing a Pendleton safe for years,but they're so darn expensive. These seem to be about half the price, but I can't help but consider how big of a safe I could buy for the same money.

I can't wait to hear what you think of yours when you get it.

In the meantime, I love to tinker around in the garage. There may be a lazy susan build in my near future, if I can find the parts I can't make myself.

I have 2 safes right now and I can barely fit 40 long guns in them...but the biggest problem is I have a bunch of odd shaped guns. So even at the price I paid for it the fact that I'm not going to be banging optics, scratching antiques, and paying to cerakote black rifles and pistols from bumping into each other is worth it for me (pending it works). Regardless of the size of the safe I would still run into the same problem....hopefully.

I would have loved to have had the Pendleton but this has all the features minus the electronic spin...for $5k difference I'll spin the thing myself.

• Like 1