Aw just FEG it all.....

I just picked this up for a song  (OOOOOklahoma....ok too much coffee this morning)  and its sweet. It is a F.E.G. P9RK in 9mm. All metal pistol, SA/DA with decocker/safety, finger grips, crappy sights and 2 15rd factory metal mags. I have already replaced some missing springs (maybe why I got it so cheap) and have not yet fired it. There is just something about an all metal pistol....vintage, sexy...I think I'll call her Zsa Zsa.

http://P8150057_zpsxwihef8x.jpg

http://P8150058_zpsm7dj6byf.jpg

• Like 5

It's patterned after the Smith and Wesson Model 59 and is bulletproof. It's the same gun as the GKK-92C except for the finger grooves. The GKK was just the KBI version of it. Mags are like gold, so buy all you can find.

I've been searching the net for them and they are scarce....somebody told me to get the S&W 59 mags and cut the mag stop on the mirror side from the factory cut...might have to if all else fails.

Yeah, I just came across a PJK-9HP (Hi-Power clone) and had to pick it up. It was my first handgun back when the bug bit me for the first time and was wanting to pick up another one for sentimental reasons. Great clones. Didn't have a clue about guns then and was fortunate to land a good one to start with.

I've been searching the net for them and they are scarce....somebody told me to get the S&W 59 mags and cut the mag stop on the mirror side from the factory cut...might have to if all else fails.

Well, I tried that and it didn't work. I did all the measuring and concluded that the new cut would run right into the old one and would be entirely too big - prolly even snag the spring. (S&W cut two notches into their mags - one on each side.).) If you just insert It all the way, it goes in too far, so the cut has to be in the same relationship to the top of the mag as the cut in the factory mag. That's where the idea unravels and gives you too big of a hole. And even so, the mag hangs down farther than the factory mag. Google it and see if you can find where a guy made a Beretta 92 mag work. That has a better chance of working IMHO. BTW the 10 rounders are plentiful on Ebay.

Edited by EssOne

I took it apart down to the bare bones this afternoon and got it back together again with no parts missing or left over pieces. That little trigger bar retention stud is a bear to see, keep track of and get back in. I'm liking this pistol more and more...may have to go the Ebay route for extra mags, even if they do only hold 10. Next is some quality leather...it came with a cheap nylon belt holster...have to dress this old girl up in some stylish skin. The grips are comfortable so they will stay...this gun is really well balanced. I will post a range report when I can get an afternoon to myself......work work work....I do like the rewards of overtime though....

Edited by ArmyBrat61

I took it apart down to the bare bones this afternoon and got it back together again with no parts missing or left over pieces. That little trigger bar retention stud is a bear to see, keep track of and get back in. I'm liking this pistol more and more...may have to go the Ebay route for extra mags, even if they do only hold 10. Next is some quality leather...it came with a cheap nylon belt holster...have to dress this old girl up in some stylish skin. The grips are comfortable so they will stay...this gun is really well balanced. I will post a range report when I can get an afternoon to myself......work work work....I do like the rewards of overtime though....

Hang on to those factory grips ArmyBrat..........they cost $65 to replace and aftermarket grips are not made - period. You can find the factory grips at Numrich for that outrageous price I gave you. :rant:

Also, squeeze in on the tail of the extractor with your thumbnail. It should be hard to press in. If it's soft, the spring needs replacing. You can find them at Numrich or a standard BHP spring works well. The extractor is basically a copy of the BHP extractor and all the guns that use it have a problem with the extractor channel loading up with crud - I mean real bad, and FEG is famous for using weak extractor springs. So while you're in the teardown mood you might tap the extractor pin out, pull out the extractor and spring and de-crud the channel. It's an easy job.

Edited by EssOne

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon doing just that......the thing that really frosted my buns was the trigger pin plunger and spring. They are so small but ya gotta have em....spent 15 minutes looking for the spring that was stuck in my shirt. Numrich has the spares I may need so I'm making a list of the usual springs and "consumable" parts. I usually replace pistol grips with something that has finger grooves and this one has them built in so the grips will stay...just need to replace those crappy sights. What I really need is a schematic/parts explosion page so I can see what goes where and how. Numrich does not have any 9mm specific parts (mags,barrel etc.) just the .45. I would love to have one of those lead slingers!

Edited by ArmyBrat61

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon doing just that......the thing that really frosted my buns was the trigger pin plunger and spring. They are so small but ya gotta have em....spent 15 minutes looking for the spring that was stuck in my shirt. Numrich has the spares I may need so I'm making a list of the usual springs and "consumable" parts. I usually replace pistol grips with something that has finger grooves and this one has them built in so the grips will stay...just need to replace those crappy sights. What I really need is a schematic/parts explosion page so I can see what goes where and how. Numrich does not have any 9mm specific parts (mags,barrel etc.) just the .45. I would love to have one of those lead slingers!

OK I think this may be the schematic you're looking for. It's for the full size MBK 9mm, which is the full size version of the GKK-92C, the KBI twin of your pistol. I matched up quite a few parts to the GKK I was working on, so I think it will work for your gun as well. FWIW.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Kassnar-33329/AutoPistols-36850/MBK-35057.htm

Edited by EssOne

OK S1....I officially owe you a libation of your choice  :cheers:  That is what I need...I saw that before but did not know if it would work for my pistol....cross checking the part numbers and description....it appears so. I saw a parts "kit" on Ebay that was for the P9RK and came with the slide but I didn't want to drop the coin he is asking for it.

Good-O. Glad it'll work for you.

Just for your info, the FEG guns were imported by several importers, all but one of which used the FEG factory's model numbers - like yours for example. However the one that used it's own in-house model numbers was the Kassnar/KBI concern. Their model numbers were taken from the initials of the CEO's family members or for himself. Thus the GKK-92C is identical to your P9RK except for the finger grooves, despite having different model numbers. (MBK stands for Michael B. Kassnar, CEO of Kassnar/KBI, and the PJK-9HP was named after his wife, Pamela Jane Kassnar.)

Also, if you go to the Numrich website and want to look for parts for FEG guns, they aren't listed under FEG - they are listed under their principal importer, either "Kassnar" or "KBI" - two companies owned by the same family at different times. So you would click on the letter "K", then "Kassnar" or "KBI" - either one - then on the model number you are looking for. Now, some models will be listed under "Kassnar" and others will appear only under "KBI", so don't give up just because you don't find your model number on the first one you select. Go on to the other one. I had to do that to find the MBK - It's only listed under "Kassnar". You get the idea. 

Another source of parts is the parts section of GunBroker and I believe the extractor assembly is a copy of the Browning Hi Power assembly, FWIW. Other than that I don't believe anything else in the gun is modeled after the Browning gun.

Anyway, have a good time with it and let us know how it shoots.

Edited by EssOne
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice pistol, what hurt them was the rapid apperance and dominance of high capicity plastic perils which were in the same time period. I was given a magazine from one by a army pilot friend who frequented a gunshop I did partime work for. He thought it'd fit a BHP I had, which of course it didn't. And no, I've no ideal where said magazine is now.

Well, I tried that and it didn't work. I did all the measuring and concluded that the new cut would run right into the old one and would be entirely too big - prolly even snag the spring. (S&W cut two notches into their mags - one on each side.).) If you just insert It all the way, it goes in too far, so the cut has to be in the same relationship to the top of the mag as the cut in the factory mag. That's where the idea unravels and gives you too big of a hole. And even so, the mag hangs down farther than the factory mag. Google it and see if you can find where a guy made a Beretta 92 mag work. That has a better chance of working IMHO. BTW the 10 rounders are plentiful on Ebay.

Have you thought about welding the gaping hole to one the right size? It can't hurt to try if the 59mags are readily available.

As I offer that idea, I don't have a welder here to provide, sorry.