PTAC rifle kit at Palmetto-- $379 w/ free shipping

seez52

Decent quality AR stuff is so cheap right now it really makes sense to just stash a couple of basic rifles on general purposes. Catch the right sale on PSA and you can do complete blem lower and upper and have a purt decent $500 AR without having to "build" anything using the "Freedom" line, and not much more even with the "Premium". And of course even cheaper with the PTAC line, which will kill zeds pretty well too. :)

- OS

Yep. No way I was gonna be caught with only 7 1/2 AR's. I needed a full 8. :)

• Like 1

I parted a rifle together using that Freedom Stainless mid-length upper about a month ago, just to stash. Though I had some of the other stuff laying around, could have been right at 5 bills tops even if I'd had to buy everything else.

Sighted it in with irons, used 30 rounds brass and 20 rounds steel just to make sure it ran everything, called it good, cleaned it, and tucked it away.

- OS

That's great to hear. If it goes well I will be buying more of the psa rifle kits. My lgs has started selling the matrix aerospace ar parts and I have been very pleased with the stripped lowers. Hopefully they will go well together .
Just a little update on psa's shipping times, I ordered the stainless freedom upper with free shipping yesterday evening around 5 pm and at 11 pm today I got an email stating that the kit had shipped with an eta of 8/27. Can't beat that!

Just a little update on psa's shipping times, I ordered the stainless freedom upper with free shipping yesterday evening around 5 pm and at 11 pm today I got an email stating that the kit had shipped with an eta of 8/27. Can't beat that!

Wow they are really on the ball this week.

I did something quite similar. Ordered a 9mm upper yesterday afternoon. Got a shipping confirmation this morning with the eta on 8/27 as well.

I did not expect that. But I like it.

Wow they are really on the ball this week.

I did something quite similar. Ordered a 9mm upper yesterday afternoon. Got a shipping confirmation this morning with the eta on 8/27 as well.

I did not expect that. But I like it.

Maybe they finally figured it out. More likely, they're just moving less product than they were. I'm pleased with the speed of the two orders I placed.

I'm glad they are moving the orders out quickly. I too have been wanting to build an ar9 and I find myself being quickly seduced by the 300 blk out as well. May be a good time to get started on both.

I don't see how "entry" to "mid-level" AR stuff can get much cheaper and there still be a profit to moving the product, even in volume. 

I opine that even the pricing of the higher end stuff is relying as much on reputation and mystique as the actual proportional difference in quality of the components.

- OS

I don't see how "entry" to "mid-level" AR stuff can get much cheaper and there still be a profit to moving the product, even in volume. 

I opine that even the pricing of the higher end stuff is relying as much on reputation and mystique as the actual proportional difference in quality of the components.

- OS

I think the platform's popularity is responsible for some of it. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling thinking about how these anti-gun assholes feel about the result of their efforts. AR-15's everywhere! :)

• Like 2

I think the platform's popularity is responsible for some of it. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling thinking about how these anti-gun assholes feel about the result of their efforts. AR-15's everywhere! :)

Since Sandy Hook, it's also somewhat analogous to the ammo situation. Where folks used to keep a few hundred rounds of center fire or a brick or so of .22lr at most, now that's been bumped by a factor of ten or more. And similarly, one AR ain't enough either.

- OS

Since Sandy Hook, it's also somewhat analogous to the ammo situation. Where folks used to keep a few hundred rounds of center fire or a brick or so of .22lr at most, now that's been bumped by a factor of ten or more. And similarly, one AR ain't enough either.

- OS

I reckon I better catch up :)

So... why is it that the more AR parts on the UPS truck, the later it shows up? I got my punches all lined up. 

Edited by mikegideon

Do either one of you gentlemen have any experience with psa's "premium" line?

Yeah, I have two that use at least the PSA "premium" upper with FN barrels, plus one pistol that does.

The only "lesser" one is the Freedom stainless I mentioned, and it didn't come with a BCG.

- OS

Do either one of you gentlemen have any experience with psa's "premium" line?

I have been pissed at them for years, but never about quality. It was about Charlene taking 3 weeks to get off her fat ass and waddle my order back to the shipping table. This recent two orders shipped as fast as BCM. I'm anxious to see how crappy this PTAC stuff is. Should make a great truck gun.

.... I'm anxious to see how crappy this PTAC stuff is. Should make a great truck gun.

If I were gonna stash an armory to outfit a SHTF platoon, it would likely be a top choice.  Though 9mm Hi-Point carbines would be serious contenders too. ;)

- OS

I actually put a ptac rifle kit together with a matrix stripped lower for my dad for Father's Day and it is actually a really nice gun for the money believe it or not. I hope yours is as nice as the one we received . Edited by DT INC.

I actually put my a ptac rifle kit together with a matrix stripped lower for my dad for Father's Day and it is actually a really nice gun for the money believe it or not. I hope yours is as nice as the one we received .

I'm not worried. I expect it to be functional, and look pretty good. I have plenty of high grade rifles.