PTAC rifle kit at Palmetto-- $379 w/ free shipping

seez52

I made a truck gun a while back when they had the mid-length PSA uppers on sale and free shipping.

It's a great shooting carbine.

Gonna build this one as a straight up milspec. Already ordered the carry handle ($54 Blem from PSA). I will probably marry it with this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q4YoT-Iq3c

I have one

Gonna build this one as a straight up milspec. Already ordered the carry handle ($54 Blem from PSA). I will probably marry it with this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q4YoT-Iq3c

I have one

I like that.

Anywhere else sell them? :)

• Like 1

I like that.

Anywhere else sell them? :)

They don't have them anymore. Anyway, this one is gonna be 100% CHEAP. No batteries required. I splurged on a BCM QD end plate so I can stick a single point sling on it.

The brand is Condor

Looks like they changed it some. I think this is it...

http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Transporter-Gun-Bag-Black/dp/B00AC6Q8JY

Edited by mikegideon

I built a PTAC rifle on an Anderson lower at the beginning of the year? I have run ~200 rounds through it, I just built it because I couldn't pass it up. I think it was $360 for the complete kit, midlength all standard. I put a $10 UTG sight on top of it and a $10 milspec mag in it. So I was in it for something like $450 or so, I can't recall, I had a thread on it.

It shot great, just like everything else I have from PSA, HOWEVER, it would not reliably feed steel case. I ran the same mag (after 5+ failure to feed malfunctions) with no changes through my PSA premium build and it ate them all like a fat kid eats twinkies.

That is something to take into account, as when I mentioned that, other folks mentioned the same.

I understand not shooting steel case in a more expensive rifle, but for a $450 beater AR, I would prefer to shoot cheap steel case in it and not have to worry about higher prices, higher quality, ammo or rifle. For a range toy.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/87412-450-ar/

Weird maybe PTAC is a better choice for cheap stuff than the PSA branded stuff? I've had two PTAC complete uppers (sold one, still have the other) and I pretty much ONLY fed/feed them cheap steel... Monarch, Tula, Wolf. Not a single hitch. Now my buddy's Colt... wouldn't cycle 3 rds of steel in a row without choking. :/

Weird maybe PTAC is a better choice for cheap stuff than the PSA branded stuff? I've had two PTAC complete uppers (sold one, still have the other) and I pretty much ONLY fed/feed them cheap steel... Monarch, Tula, Wolf. Not a single hitch. Now my buddy's Colt... wouldn't cycle 3 rds of steel in a row without choking. :/

My PSA premium build would eat the steel. The PTAC would not.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

I just picked up one of there stainless mid-length freedom kits for 399.00 with free shipping. Hopefully it will shoot well.

I parted a rifle together using that Freedom Stainless mid-length upper about a month ago, just to stash. Though I had some of the other stuff laying around, could have been right at 5 bills tops even if I'd had to buy everything else.

Sighted it in with irons, used 30 rounds brass and 20 rounds steel just to make sure it ran everything, called it good, cleaned it, and tucked it away.

- OS

Mine shows up tomorrow. Already rounded up my spare stripped lower. Should have it together quick. 

Decent quality AR stuff is so cheap right now it really makes sense to just stash a couple of basic rifles on general purposes. Catch the right sale on PSA and you can do complete blem lower and upper and have a purt decent $500 AR without having to "build" anything using the "Freedom" line, and not much more even with the "Premium". And of course even cheaper with the PTAC line, which will kill zeds pretty well too. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1