Knives

Guest Astra900

Guest truthsayer

4906_1166155520790_1434975538_30446195_5810291_n.jpg4906_1166155560791_1434975538_30446196_3711013_n.jpg

I just bought this one... it's a Cold Steel GI Tanto. $18.95 shipped. The cord handle was done by me with some 550 paracord.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TackleberryTom

200904070601_016.jpg

Does anyone know what model benchmade this is? I got it about 10yrs ago. I used to have aquite afew other b'made autos but sold/traded most of them.

Guest TackleberryTom
Looks like a 2550 mini Reflex.

OK, well I am sure it's not the mini, I gave my brother one just like this one but real small. This one is over 6" long..opened.

OK, well I am sure it's not the mini, I gave my brother one just like this one but real small. This one is over 6" long..opened.

Not sure then.

Here are the specs on the mini

• Blade Length: 3.20"
  • Blade Thickness: 0.100"
  • Blade Material: 154CM
  • Blade Hardness: 58-60
  • Blade Style: Utility Drop-Point
  • Weight: 2.40oz.
  • Clip: Black, Removable, Tip-Up
  • Lock Mechanism: Auto Open w/ Safety
  • Overall Length: 7.40"
  • Closed Length: 4.20"

Guest TackleberryTom

Ok, sorry I doubted you. Specs describe it perfectly. The mini part threw me. I had one that was it's twin but only 3" long opened. I thought that would have been the mini. Wow, would like to see the reflex full size!! Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest eyebedam

Here's my newest knife. It's a Sog Trident. I've had it about a month & I reall like it. It was sharp as can be straight outta the box. I also have my beltman keychain posted with it.

4ecda955.jpg

Guest JHatmaker

Here's my humble collection:

IMG_2004.jpg

Microtech Makora and Benchmade Infidel OTF's

IMG_2005.jpg

SOG Flash II and Blink

IMG_2006.jpg

Benchmade and Kershaw

IMG_2008.jpg

Smith & Wesson and Browning

IMG_2009.jpg

Edited by JHatmaker

Of all my knives, my favorite is my Beretta BH Tactical. Not my cheapest or my most expensive. Not the prettiest or the coolest(not even spring assisted). But it's, by far, the best. Great balance, grip, sturdyness, and sharp enough to shave with.

Although it's a bit large to keep in my pocket, I always have it in my truck just in case all hell breaks loose. It's the one knife I want with me in an emergency.

Well I can't believe it nobody has actually said they are carrying a real knife!! I carry every day a Case XX Yellow Handle full size trapper. I have a large number of fixed blade, assisted opening, balisongs (Actually built in the Phillipines) and custom made knives. About 5 of the customs were built by my Dad with some awsome handle materials. I would carry one of those if I could replace them. So it's back to the full size trapper. Anything from a bream (Fish) to a whitetail deer is fair game with it and they hold a decent edge for a store bought knife. The only other knife that I did not see addressed on here was a Randell made knife.(http://www.randallknives.com/) read the history it's pretty cool. I was also told by a friend that visited there shop in Orlando that they had a museum with letters from people who had bought there knives. I have one that I should be recieving in about 3 more years for my 3 year old son and will be odering another as soon as new boy gets here.

Guest 22-rimfire

I have quite a few knives. I carry a Vic Swiss Army Knife every day. I like the SOG Mini-Vulcan quite a lot for carry. Spydercos are okay. I carry a couple Endura's in my work bag daily.

Guest 22-rimfire

I like the yellow handled Case Trapper too. Have the Trapper pattern in an older Remington bullet knife also. It is my go to pocket hunting knife. Busse's are good knives.

Guest 22-rimfire

The SOG Seal Pup is a good knife. I carry a Seal Pup Elite with plain edge as my general purpose woods knife. I don't carry it hunting.

To the OP, I have a Dozier Wilderness knife. I like it. Bought it at the Atlanta Blade Show from Bob. If you are looking for a Dozier blade, attend the show and you may just have the opportunity to handle and buy one without any waiting.