Knives

Guest Astra900

Guest TJUSTICE

xcorner1.gifxtop1.gif

95610924.jpgThis is one of the knives i got, a microtech socom elite A with D2 steel, execpt mine has a serated blade. I like it very well but its just so expinsive to me that i dont carry it alot or ever use it at all.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xcorner1.gifxtop1.gif

95610924.jpgThis is one of the knives i got, a microtech socom elite A with D2 steel, execpt mine has a serated blade. I like it very well but its just so expinsive to me that i dont carry it alot or ever use it at all.

Dont be a little girl, with a knife like that you should be cutting threw old rusty metal with no problems. If you had a Benchmade you wouldnt have this problem. ;)

-Jason G

This is one of the knives i got, a microtech socom elite A with D2 steel, execpt mine has a serated blade. I like it very well but its just so expinsive to me that i dont carry it alot or ever use it at all.

Main reason I settled in on the Cold Steel products I use...sharp, take a lickin but keep on tickin, and I'm only out $20-60 depending on knife, should I lose one. And I'm not a collector.

- OS

Guest shadow12

Any of you guys that are knife knowing experts have any idea about this, the Boker Plus CLB RNR? Like when is it actually going to be out? I emailed Boker and got the "Try this knife it's good to" reply.

I want to carry it as a back up on duty. And can't wait to get one.

02bo013.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Any of you guys that are knife knowing experts have any idea about this, the Boker Plus CLB RNR? Like when is it actually going to be out? I emailed Boker and got the "Try this knife it's good to" reply.

I want to carry it as a back up on duty. And can't wait to get one.

02bo013.jpg

All the CLB knives are great.

I know Chad from way back.He is a great designer.

• 1 month later...
Guest JHatmaker
I carry one of these at work. Very handy item.

Toollogic Inc unusual gifts

Very cool knife! I used to collect knives when I was younger (before my gun fetish took over), but have recently starting getting back into them.

Just picked up a Benchmade.

Agreed. A knife is an important tool that everyone should carry. Everything from opening boxes to self defense, a good blade covers it all. I alternate my carry knives, but I'm particularly fond of my SOG Flash II, and SOG Twitch II (can you tell I'm a SOG guy?). For my camping trips, I usually pack my Seal Pup Elite (Harder to carry around fixed blades in public, no matter how cool they are).

Guest JHatmaker
I'm particularly fond of my SOG Flash II, and SOG Twitch II (can you tell I'm a SOG guy?).

After you mentioned these, I looked at their product line and am thinking I'm going to have to get either a Flash II, Trident or Aegis. They make some great looking knives! I had never heard of them.

I always just stuck with Kershaw and Benchmade, but I like the blade options SOG has.

Guest RandomHero

+1000000 on the SOG's. I carry a Trident 7.0 tanto in TiNi finish daily. And sometimes carry my twitch II, on dressier occasions. :hat:

I really like the CRKT M-16 line (not the zytel handle ones though). Lost my good one in my motorcycle wreck. I just got a S&W for $10 off amazon and I really like it. Here are a few of the others I have and I'll post some of the ones my dad had custom made and he engraved later.

the S&W

419GFHQ5A4L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

CRKT:

3e273f6ef3816589eae47b7e238e3da1.jpg

daa1f5f1acb44dd4a51ca6ec6f30a584.jpg

CRKT I don't have but want:

f018bfec5ebe469f9f45c1ff13bc9e99.jpg

Gerber:

22-01613-1.jpg

Picked up a S&W HRT folder at the gun show in knoxville a week or so back and I'm really beginning to like it. The only thing I hate about it is the blade is stainless steel instead of Carbon Steel. I typically don't think Stainless steel is the mark of a quality blade. Of

course I paid a whopping $13 for it. :P

Not to mention illegal, for that one. (4.85")

- OS

Wasn't really referring to the Seal Pup Elite as a carry knife, since it is over 4". I do, however, carry a SOG pentagon mini (3.5") from time to time :screwy:. Camping trips, though, are the SPE all the way.

JT, you may not one to buy one of these knives, because the first one is never the last one. I picked up the Twitch II several years back at a gun show, and it turned out to be the first of 6 of 'em. I'm actually considering the Vulcan right now.

Edited by Good_Steward

I just got back from the Blade show in Atlanta.

Picked up a few.

Won the drawing to buy a Hinderer MX18,he only had 19 to sell Saturday.

Hinderer MX18 3 in with blue black G10

Spyderco blue shell inlay Native 1 of 500

Spyderco 1 of 300 blue G10 Native

SANY0040.jpg

Busse HG55

SANY0043.jpg

Swamp Rat Vexillaris in D2

SANY0044.jpg

Busse High Street

SANY0046.jpg

Here are a few more of mine. The 3 in the middle are custom made. The middle two by my dad and the bottom by Vic Wilson. My dad did all the engraving and decorative work. Pardon the dirt, they've been neglected in the move.

1244038114.jpg

Guest 3pugguy
Don't know if anyone has started a thread about knives before, but NO self respecting gentleman would be caught without one. I can't see any survival situation going far with out one. SO? What do you have, what do you want, what do you like?

I have several Gerber products, not the least of which is my latest edition:

The Gerber Store - outdoor hunting and fishing knives and tools

It's a very tough knife, good bit of features, and razor sharp.

I carry a gerber multi tool every day. BUT, what I really want, but can't afford....yet:devil: Is the Dozier wilderness KS-7 Check it out under hunting knives.

Dozier Knives Online

That's a gentleman's field knife if I ever saw one:up:

Howdy,

I carry a regular old folding Buck (pretty old, handed down from my deceased Dad) but very serviceable. Also have some Buck lock blades and even a Smith and Wesson lock blade I had given him when I was a teenager. Plus, I have some Case, etc, he had carried for years (one little two blade I can remember him carrying when I was really young).

Have my eye on a Kershaw (Ken Onion) as I think the assisted open would be mighty handy.

Edited by 3pugguy
add something