Knives

Guest Astra900

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Self-defense primarily, but it has to be a knock-around knife for me - something that can hold up to the occasional cardboard mutilation and such.

Carry on the belt, off-hand side (no neck or boot ideas... just not that flexible or fast). Hidden if I can, but it is not a requirement.

So now that I have drooled over everyone's sharp and pointies, what are the recommendations for a sub-4", fixed blade, under-$100 knife? :)

I've got a S&W "Special Tactical" w/ a slightly under 4" blade. It's been a great knife for years and still locks up tight as a fixed blade knife...

Biggest problem w/ S&W tactical knives is finding the real deal in a sea of fakes.

I have an S&W SWAT, and I definitely agree that they are fine blades... but my left hand still cannot manage opening them effectively, and the clip is still on the wrong side. I have been eyeing the TDI, CRKT N.E.C.K., and similar things, but I would definitely be open for suggestions.

Tacked this on to a recent CTD order, couldn't resist the sale price. I'm afraid it's just slightly too big for your purposes Linoge, 9" blade (8" edge), 14.5" overall.

Helluva handful, and just about as sharp as my Recon 1 Cold Steel, which is saying something...

- OS

kabar.jpg

Edited by OhShoot
Guest superdrew4000

I borrowed the picture from Ebay, but this is about right as far the knives I carry every day:

henckels23b.jpg

As far as pocket knives go, I just got this today and I really like it so far:

mpknife.jpg

As far as pocket knives go, I just got this today and I really like it so far:

mpknife.jpg

Well, at least it's not the least bit scary looking in case you ever have to use it and it shows up in court.

Just looks sorta like a normal knife (that you'd use to cut somebody's gizzard out).

- OS

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Linoge

Well, this thing seems to have followed me home from our trip to the Smokeys last weekend, and the darned thing just will not get out of my pocket...

speedbump4.jpg

I've got some more around here for skining, those expensive carbon steel jobs in thick leather holsters - haven't hunted in so long I forget where they're burried at. :woohoo:

Knives1.JPG

Beretta1.JPG

Beretta1_1.JPG

Beretta1_2.JPG

Beretta1_3.JPG

Beretta1_4.JPG

#1 left = Bench Made #307 of 1000

#2 left = Bench Made #1 of 1000

#3 left = Bench Made

#4 left = Bench Made holster for #1 left

All right side knives are Kershaw with the thumb thingy that flips the blade out. The all black one is spring loaded so it flips out almost like a switch blade.

Tiny center knife is a Gerber. The one I like to carry because (1) It's cheap, (2) it's small and light, (3) if I forget I have it on me and it gets confiscated, it will not be a loss like a $200 Bench Made, and (4) it's all I really need in most situations.

The Beretta knife is #1 of 1000.

Guest pl1ght

I carry a boker ak74 automatik kalish(spring loaded) for my everyday. And i take a Gerber LMF-II with me for any outdoor/hunting/etc trips.

Guest pl1ght
I like those you pull them out of your pocket and bam they are open, though you do have to be careful with them.

They do have a safety. But yeah, if ur not holding it right it will whack you good.