Knives

Guest Astra900

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a SOG Seal Pup this weekend at Smoky Mountain Knifeworks near Sevierville. That place is swesome!

The knife looks and feels very solid. Feels good in my hand. The only thing I didn't like was the made in Taiwan label. ;) I was expecting this thing to be 100% USA. The salesperson tried to spin it off as "Well, it's just assembled there. Besides, Taiwan is one of our closest allies, and we have a treaty to protect them if China invades, blah, blah, blah."

Whatever, I know he just didn't want to lose a sale. I had already made up my mind to buy is anyway.

• 1 month later...

This is the Hen and Rooster I carry sometimes when hunting or fishing and stuff. My wife bought it for me for our 15th wedding anniversary.

knife_out.jpgknife_In.jpg

Until I got this one, I've carried a Remington two blade lock blade. Has a 4.5" main blade, and other blade has a gut hook with a small bone saw. Rubber handle. It's my main do anything knife.

Gerber Mini EVO jr. for daily knife. (On my second one now.)

My favorite is the "cowboy" style knife my Dad bought me when I was 11. leather sheath, and leather ringed handle. He bought it with me at a hardware store in N.C. you talk about feeling like a big kid! Hahaha!!!

I'll have to grab a picture of it and post it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest RandomHero

J Smith is my new TGO knife hero. Love the Busse combat stuff, the HINDERER!, and of course the CR Sebbie. The USN has turned me into a knife snob. Now I will proceed to dump a couple of Emerson pics, As I will never carry a lesser knife again :)

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

Edited by RandomHero

The defensive knives are nice enough and I own several.

Lately I've been selectively buying stag-handled Case pocket knives locally and on Ebay. They are works of art. I recently got a 1979 Case Trapper commemorative knife that has gorgeous scales. I bought it as plain stag, but it looks more like Sambar stag. Too darned pretty to carry!

Guest RandomHero

Love the Sebbie J Smith. Your wife is definitely a keeper! ... I've gotta get my hands on a large classic sebbie and get the Ti slabs DLC coated. Talk about sweet :D

Been carrying a Kershaw Leek daily for about 8 years. This knife's been through hell and back. I lost a screw once and the spring started to wear out (I compulsively opened and closed it) so I called them and they had me send it back and they cleaned it, sharpened it, replaced the screw and spring, and sent it back to me in about a weeks time free of charge. All I had to do is ship it to them. Best knife and best knife company I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

Kershaw_Leek_Speed_Safe.jpg

(not my knife, but the same model, too lazy to break out the camera)

Been carrying a Kershaw Leek daily for about 8 years. I lost a screw once and the spring started to wear out (I compulsively opened and closed it)

Kershaw_Leek_Speed_Safe.jpg

(not my knife, but the same model, too lazy to break out the camera)

I have a little Onion and I love mine! My daughter found in a gravel parking lot 3 years ago in Lake Junaluska, NC and gave it to me. Been carrying it everyday since and I too constantly open and close it! Wonderful little knife!:lol: