Need help deciding a few parts

Pistol grip-
Magpul moe + grip
Wooden bulgarian needs a little tlc
Or the cheap plastic kind that came original

Stock-
West german wire stock
Original wood stock with sling loop needs tlc and the cheek-to-stock sucks
Beryl folding ace stock with sling loop, im leaning towards this for it's better cheek-to stock feature.
Or a Russian triangle fixed stock

Trigger will be a tuned tapco

Barrel is a new American chrome lined barrel, already assembled.

Sights seem to be very nice so I'll probably keep them original.

Brake-slant cut original

Mags-
Magpul pmags
Chinese flat back
Non flat back mags

Any input on what is the best choice I should make?
Im intending on enjoying this so it's not just sitting in the safe,
It's getting a nitride coating too.
The rifle is in great shape in my opinion

Thanks

patrick28, if you end up deciding that you want buy any Polish furniture, RTG Parts is the best place I've found:

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/Furniture-c37.htm?pageStyle=h&ProdSort=3&page=3&idCategory=37&viewAll=yes

I've bought a fair amount of stuff from them over the years and have been happy with every purchase.

P.S. Really like the AK in your avatar, viscero.  :)

• Like 1

patrick28, if you end up deciding that you want buy any Polish furniture, RTG Parts is the best place I've found:

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/Furniture-c37.htm?pageStyle=h&ProdSort=3&page=3&idCategory=37&viewAll=yes

I've bought a fair amount of stuff from them over the years and have been happy with every purchase.

Thanks, can't quite remember where I stole it from but it is definitely a nice looking one!  BTW - I second the RTG Parts and would also suggest Apex or Copes as well.

The kit furniture is remarkably nice minus the stock which I find less practical to actually use shooting wise.

I did find a polish beryl stock that's an ace type stock which might work best for me

I think I ended up with a European fixed stock version, but I'm not sure since its a take off part from an ak, maybe the guy im getting it from isn't being honest.

I sent a PM and yes, the seller is lying to you. The polymer stock he is claiming is Russian is made in the U.S. By RPB industries. It sells for $35 not $80.

But the biggest indicator is ALL "Krinkov" style stocks fold and are 100% metal.

How can you tell what mags are bolt hold open & what are not? It's all about the follower?

Not just the follower. I thought it was just follower too, but changing Yugo ones to Romy mags didn't work as the indentations in the Romy still keep follower from rising high enough to engage bolt. So burred them off, and follower came to top but still didn't engage bolt.

Something about the clearances in very top part of the mag body are different .. or something.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

How can you tell what mags are bolt hold open & what are not? It's all about the follower?

The yugo mags are the only ones that are factory BHO. The follower has a stop that catches the bolt. Weapon Tech is making BHO followers and they work really well. I have them in all my  mags and they work in all my AK's. http://www.primaryarms.com/WeaponTech_AK47_Enhanced_Bolt_Hold_Open_Follower_p/afwtakf3.htm

As to the fixed triangle, Dolomite is exactly right. Not only do they require a specific rear trunion, they also require a precise cut just behind the front trunion and a catch installed to hold the triangle open. Not hard but one of the more precise measure and cut on an AK that needs to be right.

If you want a triangle stock option withiout allthe trunion work and cut work, then Manticore Arms makes on that uses the ACE hinge system and works well. 

I had threw a bid out on that when I seen it had a min left, this was right after I bought my beryl archer, so I didn't have time to research anything.
I was aware of the Russian folding stock it's like a polymer one, as well as the triangle folder.
I got excited when I saw that notch for a stamped trunnion.
I think the magpul mags are pretty nice, not sure how long they hold up long term wise.
My favorite one is this Chinese flat back mag.
The last ak i owned was a zastava m92 pap and it was awesome think I paid 385$ for it a few yrs ago
You won't find them under 500$ now