Any current or former Military get a letter

buck1032

The Chinamen will sell it to the Russians who will "accidently" lose it to the Chechens who will trade it for 14 year old Yazidi girls.

Then some derkajerka on a TOR will hit up his brother Ahmed here in Nashville with all the info, he will follow us for a week, get the feel for our optempo and additional HUMINT and when we are up at 0430 making our way to the car for PT he comes and buries an axe in our head or puts some 9mm in our dome.

All Ahmed had to do was buy a glock on Armslist and wait for the call. He did it all for the equivelent of $200

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

That's why I don't do PT.

• 1 month later...

WOW, I hope this is not as bad as it sounds. I have not received a letter yet but I have plenty of SF86's under my belt as well as dealing regularly with the VA>

First OPM letter was notification they got some basic data, if you get the notice concerning your fingerprints (the recent one) then they got the entire SF86. Got my notice about 3 weeks ago too.

My wife got the letter. She is a doctor with security cleared for VA.

My ex-GF is a VA nurse and got a letter as well.  Let's just say she's less than thrilled about her kids info being out there for someone to exploit.

I tried to explain to her that there are 21 million people in the same boat, and that the most likely intent was to find info that can be used to blackmail people with access to classified material, which isn't her.  Needless to say that didn't calm her down much. 

My ex-GF is a VA nurse and got a letter as well. Let's just say she's less than thrilled about her kids info being out there for someone to exploit.

I tried to explain to her that there are 21 million people in the same boat, and that the most likely intent was to find info that can be used to blackmail people with access to classified material, which isn't her. Needless to say that didn't calm her down much.

I told my wife the same. They are offering identify protection. Just sign-up and use it. If someone steals your identify, it's not the end of the world. It would suck, but it happens.

I told my wife the same. They are offering identify protection. Just sign-up and use it. If someone steals your identify, it's not the end of the world. It would suck, but it happens.

The ID protection is straight bull#### though.  The first offer was 1 year, then the second more serious offer was 3 years.  So now after 3 years and 1 day, we will be paying for it for the rest of our lives.  I think they should have to provide it to us permanently since it was a massive #### up on their part.

It's like they think they're insinuating to people that their information will not be sold/used after the three year mark.

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1

The ID protection is straight bull#### though. The first offer was 1 year, then the second more serious offer was 3 years. So now after 3 years and 1 day, we will be paying for it for the rest of our lives. I think they should have to provide it to us permanently since it was a massive #### up on their part.

It's like they think they're insinuating to people that their information will not be sold/used after the three year mark.

Yeah I totally agree that it should be permanent, but I have a feeling in the coming future having ID protection will be as common as house insurance.(if we're not already there).

My wife was really concerned about the fingerprints being stolen. I don't see much to be worried about but the thought really didn't sit well with her.

Yeah I totally agree that it should be permanent, but I have a feeling in the coming future having ID protection will be as common as house insurance.(if we're not already there).

My wife was really concerned about the fingerprints being stolen. I don't see much to be worried about but the thought really didn't sit well with her.

I've had some kind of credit monitoring since I left the Army, but I knew that information was as secure as the lowest bidder could make it. 

The fingerprints aren't a big deal.  Best guess, the Chinese want to have them for their own databases to be able to check for our spies in their country.

I was also added to the list recently, I had no clearance in the brief time I was in but thanks to my volunteering to help out those in need at the VA(and requiring clearance to to so) my information is now out there as well. IMHO this is potentially one of the greatest threats to continuing to provide quality medical care to our vets. It's hard enough as it is to get med student's interested in taking rotations at the VA.  :rant: