Howdy and a class review

jlw

Howdy to all of the folks here.  I follow this section of the forum to watch for training opportunities.  This past weekend I visited your fine state to attend the Rangemaster Defensive Revolver Skills course.  You can read my review of it here.

If any of you were in the class, it was fun shooting with you.

Unfortunately I was unable to make it to the class so thanks for the review....did you also do the shotgun class on Sunday?

I was Tom's assistant for Sunday. I have taken the class as a student previously.

I will have a write up on th shotgun class this evening or tomorrow.

Cool. I have already taken it too, I am just always curious to see other people's take on the material. 

How many people were in the classes? I was hoping there would be a good turnout and hoping to get a good representation of TGO members.  

Nine or 10 were in the wheelgun class.  I think it was 15 for the shotgun class.

Really enjoyed your review.

I had to finish a class with a revolver after my semi went down...

I'd like to quote Randy, "we'll all wait while AJ parties like it's 1899," specifically referring to reload times.

Without a lot of practice, speed strip aren't and speed loader are only slightly better. Edited by Gotthegoods

Yeah AJ likes to roll like Barney Miller from time to time...........just kidding....

Seriously though AJ, I'll bet you'd have really enjoyed Tom's revolver class. you could have put the SP101 through its paces.  Sorry I didn't think to call you about that and mention it....it just slipped my mind......I was planning to go and take my 686 and give it a workout, but the Wife told me she was spiriting me away to Pigeon Forge that weekend for my birthday so I had no choice but to comply....priorities you know  ;)

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Like like you trainned with Mick Houston and the Condition 1 group. Great program. Got my HCP course through them. I was just looking up the same class this morning at work. What a coincidence. I was thinking of taking my S&W 69 .357 I bought in 20 odd years ago and a 642 I have for EDC. Can't wait.