Any Farmers on here

none

Sorry I have not lived here all my life. We know the people that live down the road. But that's about it.

We were at the Wilson County Co-op today there was an unusually cranky lady there. We needed to pick up some feed and they are a bit cheaper than tsc. So we usually shop there today we asked about buying corn in bulk. Ultimately the lady was of 0 help and said look you just need to buy a gravity wagon and find local farmer.

Great advice there! Would have appreciated it so much more if she would have just told us look I am reading my magazine and I cant be bothered with your stupid questions.

Does anyone know of someone that grows corn and sells it in bulk. Were talking about 40 bushels at a time.

Thank you

I don't believe your experience is atypical.  I have had good experiences dialing up the Wilson Co-op store manager or dealing with the Rutherford Co Co-op in Murfreesboro instead.  Either one should be able to give you either some contacts or the bulk price they charge. Shouldn't have to run it up the chain but sometimes that is the better/only option.

We got aggravated at the Co-op several years back and moved our feed purchases to Edwards Feed in Lebanon.  Much higher in cost but you can't beat the quality of the feed blend or the customer service.

I never had great service from the Gallatin co-op, maybe the lady you talked to came from there? :lol:

I bought all my feed from Farm Depot in Oak Grove, right at the corner of 174 and 52 behind the general store.

Quite possible I don't ever recall seeing her there before. I get that not everyone always has a great day at work. But working at the co-op is a fairly safe environment you don't have to deal with things that defy explanation other than there is evil in the world. Perhaps being nice is too much for some.

When I was a kid Co-Op around here was pretty good. Sure the guy who worked there his own life was "odd" and the lady who did the books was a bit grouchy, but she was like that all the time it was just her "turn". Now it's not really worth anything more than untaxed fuel and getting a tire plugged.

That proves it to me then, co-op sucks state wide. The irony in all this, it's suppose to be FOR the farmer,lol.

I wouldn't say state wide our Coop in Jonesborough has been very helpful to me in answering questions and helping with my problems.  Multiple clerks so it wasn't just luck. Also the closest gas pump that sell ethanol free gas and in regular not high test.

I wouldn't say state wide our Coop in Jonesborough has been very helpful to me in answering questions and helping with my problems. Multiple clerks so it wasn't just luck. Also the closest gas pump that sell ethanol free gas and in regular not high test.

I didnt mean it like that exactly. I just meant it's good to hear there are others that don't measure up. I thought I was alone,lol.

Just like other businesses, I don't spend my money when I'm not treated good.