HS Precision

I cannot fathom why they would have the Sniper from Ruby Ridge give endorsements for them :)

http://www.nrahab.com/2008/11/26/boycot-hs-precision/

Boycott HS Precision

<abbr class="updated" title="2008-11-26T09:36:51-0800">Nov 26th, 2008</abbr> <address class="author vcard">by Caleb. </address>

As I mentioned in the show summary post, last night a disturbing development was brought to my attention: namely that HS Precision, a manufacturer of high-end rifles had printed a glowing endorsement/recommendation letter from Lon Horiuchi. Here’s the actual back cover of the HS Precision catalog, complete with the letter. Click the image to make it larger.

2008HSPrecisionCatalogBackCover.jpg Now, HS Precision is free to run their business as they want, and to receive endorsements or pay people to endorse their products, no matter how I feel about it. It’s their right to conduct their business as they please.

Going hand in hand with that is my right to say that printing an endorsement from Lon Horiuchi, the sniper who managed to shoot an innocent woman holding her baby in the face - the same Lon Horiuchi who Jeff Cooper wanted charged with murder - is a poor business decision, and a business decision that guarantees that I will never buy a rifle from HS Precision.

Honestly, I think this is in incredibly poor taste - no matter what you think about the guy, he’s controversial enough that a ringing endorsement from him is going to go a long way towards damaging your credibility amongst the pro-gun community.

I’m very disappointed with the lack of judgment from HS Precision - and I can assure you that if I’m in the market for a good rifle, it won’t be an HS Precision rifle. If they were to print a retraction and run away from this endorsement, then I would change my tune, but until then - buy FN Herstal.

I’d like to thank TD and Ry Jones for bringing this to my attention.

Update: David Codrea confirms that this is definitely not a hoax.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many people will know who Lon Horiuchi is? I admit I wouldn't have if it was not posted here. Many will just see it is from a fomer FBI agent.

Does seem they would have picked someone with a little bit less of a cloud over them though. Maybe they didn't know either?...

Guest Astra900

Not that I was going to anyway, but I will never buy from HS Precision.

Ruby ridge was really sad. Just shows what a douche bag our gov is.

What would posses a gun company....What ever:shake:

I guess Janet Reno will come out and support them too:shake:

On a note, that dispells the ungodly amount of disinformation.

They DID NOT PAY for that letter.

Lon was the director/manager of the program for selecting a company to get an FBI contract to replace their rifles, and HS Precision's product was selected. THAT is the letter they received from the FBI, as the manager of the project, not as an individual. It was not paid for, and it would have been published REGARDLESS of who the manager was.

Their ONLY mistake is not realizing just who Lon was and his reputation.

In short, MARKETING FAIL.

Oh, and, UNGODLY DISINFORMATION FAIL.

Ruby Ridge took place under Bush I. Clinton didn't take office until the year after Ruby Ridge took place, so Reno had nothing to do with it.

Good clarification.

But maybe he was just putting her in the same league of "not so great ex-government officials" as Lon Horiuchi.

Seems like that whole Waco thing could have been handled a little better than it was....

Guest Astra900
Ruby Ridge took place under Bush I. Clinton didn't take office until the year after Ruby Ridge took place, so Reno had nothing to do with it.

I know she wasn't involved. She was just another governmental scumbag of equal worthlessness that came to mind.

Guest Astra900
I know who Lon Horiuchi is and that ad dosen’t bother me a bit.

It doesn't bother you that a murderer walks free and even gets product endorsement deals?

It doesn't bother you that a murderer walks free and even gets product endorsement deals?

By murderers I assume you are talking about Randy Weaver and Kevin Harris?

Yes, it bothers me that they aren’t in prison where they belong. But I don’t think they have any product endorsement deals.

<O:p</O:p

Sorry…. But Horiuchi was brought in as a shooter. Horiuchi shot his target (Harris), the round went through him, through the door and killed Vicki weaver. This was on the second day. They could have laid down their weapons at any time prior to that and Vicki Weaver would still be alive.

It bothers me that the government put Horiuchi through what they did. Weaver and Harris were active shooters. If Ruby Ridge were to take place today there would be no standoff; they would be engaged and surrender or be killed.

Yes, it bothers me that they aren’t in prison where they belong. But I don’t think they have any product endorsement deals.

<O:p</O:p

Sorry…. But Horiuchi was brought in as a shooter. Horiuchi shot his target (Harris), the round went through him, through the door and killed Vicki weaver. This was on the second day. They could have laid down their weapons at any time prior to that and Vicki Weaver would still be alive.

It bothers me that the government put Horiuchi through what they did. Weaver and Harris were active shooters. If Ruby Ridge were to take place today there would be no standoff; they would be engaged and surrender or be killed.

+1

I get tired of hearing people rant about this and Waco really gets me going. People seem to forget who started the crap and how easy the situation could have been defused by the "victims" :D

Anyone know where I can read some NON-BIASED info about the standoff @ Ruby Ridge?

It seems everything I have read is leaning pretty hard one way or the other. Not to mention the crap made for TV movie I saw several years ago.

Anyone know where I can read some NON-BIASED info about the standoff @ Ruby Ridge?

It seems everything I have read is leaning pretty hard one way or the other. Not to mention the crap made for TV movie I saw several years ago.

It’s all going to be biased one way or the other. But I don’t think many of the facts are in dispute.

It’s all going to be biased one way or the other. But I don’t think many of the facts are in dispute.

Indeed. Even the Justice Dept called the shot that killed Vicki Weavers unconstitutional.

I guess that's OK with some folks.

I don't really take sides on it, but I do think it was a poor choice to use THAT controversial of a figure as a spokesman for your sniper rifles.

I mean the guy obviously wasn't worried about what was behind his target (gun rules anyone?) and that resulted in a woman being shot in the face holding her daughter and not a weapon. That bothers me on some level.

<o>:D</o>:P

that "shooter" is a murderous son of a dog that would shoot an unarmed woman.

he's also the kind of person who would work for people who shoot 12 year old kids in the back. the kind of people who heckle Randy Weaver after she's dead by using a megaphone and asking him "hey Randy, how's your wife?"

If you support these people, I will have no truck with ya.

I have nothing but contempt for horiuchi and I believe that he shot out of hand.

If Ruby ridge happened here today, I would hope that citizens would stand up and stop the government from doing what they did. I would say that if I saw it..I would want to do a little shooting myself.

that "shooter" is a murderous son of a dog that would shoot an unarmed woman.

He shot an active shooter and the bullet went through his arm, through the door, and killed her. He didn’t shoot at her.

he's also the kind of person who would work for people who shoot 12 year old kids in the back.

Are you talking about his 14 year old son that got killed while they were busy killing a U.S. Marshall? He's an FBI agent not a Marshall.

the kind of people who heckle Randy Weaver after she's dead by using a megaphone and asking him "hey Randy, how's your wife?"

I never heard that until right now, but quite frankly I don’t care what they said to him. He had already caused the death of his own son and his wife.

If you support these people, I will have no truck with ya.

I have nothing but contempt for horiuchi and I believe that he shot out of hand.

He was a sniper; he had a job to do. His job is killing people that need killing. As I understand it his orders were to kill all adult males that he had a clear shot at. That is what he was doing when Kevin Harris put Vicki Weaver in the line of fire; ending her life.

If Ruby ridge happened here today, I would hope that citizens would stand up and stop the government from doing what they did. I would say that if I saw it..I would want to do a little shooting myself.

If Ruby Ridge happened today the first responding Officers would engage and kill Randy Weaver and Kevin Harris. Then Weavers wife and maybe his son could be selling books and giving lectures instead of being dead.

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly

Sam Weaver was shot in the back.

That piece of filth Horiuchi took a first shot at Randy Weaver near the shed, striking him in the arm. As Weaver and Harris turned and ran for the cover of the shack, Horiuchi fired a second shot, again at someone's back. This was the round that killed an unarmed Vicki Weaver. Standing in her doorway, holding an infant.

Harris never fired his weapon, Dave. If you'd argue that he killed Vicki Weaver, then I know some democrats who'd try to convince you that Bush is over in Iraq "killing our troops". You use the same poor logic.

Some of you really need to consider that in a few years, you too may be firearms fugitives of some sort. Just because the government is the government, that doesn't make them right. Who will be your master?