.357 Sig DANGER Homeland Security Round!

This is too funny!

My wife was out shopping today (Black Friday ya' know). So she went by "Dick's" in Franklin thinking she would get me two boxes of .357 sig cause of the sale and all. (Plus cause shes great like that.)

The guy behind the counter said they don't carry it because...

"We don't carry any Homeland Security ammo." :D

Here's the exchange.

Wife - "Uh, excuse me?"

Guy - "That is a homeland Security round 'mam. They won't let us carry any Homeland Security ammunition."

Wife - "Do you carry .357 magnum?"

Guy - "Oh yes mam."

Wife - "Have you ever seen the damage a .357 magnum can do?"

Guy - "Uh yes."

Wife - "So what's the difference? You carry Shotgun slugs too don't you?"

Guy - (Now smiling.) "I know mam... I know... this isn't me. It's just why they tell us we don't carry it."

She goes to Academy Sports then.

Wife - "Do you have .357 sig?"

Guy - "Do you mean .357 magnum?"

Wife - "No, .357 sig."

Guy - (Hands her the box, and opens it showing her a round.) "Is this what you want?"

Wife - "Yup. That's it."

Guy - "It won't fit a revolver."

Wife - "It's okay... I know what I'm getting thanks."

Guy "So you shoot a .357 sig?"

Wife - "Sure."

Guy - "How do you like the way it handles?"

Wife - "The kick is a tad more than I like, but it's shoots great and I can hit with easily."

So it appears (according to "Dick's" Corporate policy or maybe just that store) the .357 sig round is sooo dangerous that only the most elite of Homeland Security Operators can be allowed to shoot it. BWAHahaha!!!

Or maybe it's to protect all the women from it's suductive powers that are inhearent in the round? :taunt:

Also on a side note...

The guy at Academy was just trying to be helpful, I'm sure he was just trying to make sure my wife knew what she was getting. However as my wife pointed out to me... "How many women come into a store specfically asking for .357 sig anyways? you'd think he would know I knew what I wanted." She really hates the way women are kind of talked down to at gun stores.

I wonder if anyother women get second guessed at stores like that.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is hilarious. It's also the reason my wife won't go to the gun counter anymore at Sportsman's Warehouse. They know me, know where I work, and such so I figured they would assume my wife would know what she was talking about (I'm standing behind her), not so apparently. Allow me to give you their exchange:

Wife: Can I see this Springfield right here?

Guy: Yes mam.

Wife: (looks at me) I like this one.

Guy: Getting that for you? *looks shocked*

Wife: Uh yea, thinking about it. Why?

Guy: That's not really a woman's gun. Wouldn't you rather have a .38?

Wife: *flames shooting out her ears* No I prefer the 1911 because of the slender grip, the slender frame so I can carry it, the .45 acp round ballistics, and I can punch out the center of a silhouette at about 30 feet with it. Now is there someone else who can sell me this gun?

After I was helped up off the ground from a fit of laughter we purchased the gun and left. Moral of the story... gun toting wives should not be trifled with. :D

Seeing that every firearm, mag, scope, holster, rifle furniture, and box of ammo I've ever bought has come from a local gun shop or online gun shop, Dick's firearms/ammo section just kinda seems tame when I go in to look around. Then I see the prices and the selection....but never anyone behind the counter.

I've yet to buy anything in a Dick's store.

+1 :D for the lovely Mrs. creeky on her perseverance at Dick's.

Guest Astra900

I have always wondered what makes men treat women that way. Insecure little chicken sh*t pansies. My wife has been treated that way at the range and at retail stores.

We were shooting at a range, that is now closed, some years ago. My wife was shooting at bowling pins with her XD9. I was on the rifle range. A man came up to her and told her that her grip and stance was all wrong, and offered to teach her the right way. Being a lady, she politely declined. They were shooting side by side. My wife was hitting the pin and making it dance, every single shot. This other goon couldn't hit a bull in the a22 with a bass fiddle! In disgust he left after a couple of mags worth. She's a lady, and wouldn't tell him what I would have told him, had I have been there.

The only reason some people are alive is because it's illegal to kill 'em.

It’s not limited to women; I’ve heard some pretty funny conversations while standing at the gun counters over the years; with ignorance abounding from both sides of the counter.

We routinely see the same thing here. :up:

I could not have let the “Homeland Security” thing go though. I would have needed him to explain WTF he was talking about.