Lane Kiffin new UT coach...

NuTcAsE

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lions are the worst.

I like him. The **** he was doing before he got fired was hilarious. The owner told people that leaked it that he was going to fire him but didnt for awhile hoping he would just quit and he wouldnt have to pay him the rest of his money so Lane just stayed until the dude got up the nuts to do it.

Edited by Daniel
Guest nraforlife

I don't know why anyone would want the UT job. Majors got screwed over and so has Fulmer. May make a nice jump off point for a coach but as far as staying years....

Um, aren't the Raiders like the worst team in the NFL? And we're about to hire their coach??

Yes!

And he was the OC at USC - *I'd* look like a genius with their talent.

I think this will turn out to be UT's 'Mike Shula' hire.

Love it.

Hey I'm going to be positive and say Lane coached under Pete Carroll and may bring the schemes our offense has been lacking. He really ought to get John Chavous to stay, I hope John does. I'm looking forward to what Lane can bring to the table. Crimsonaudio don't you worry Tebow and the boys are coming your way to show you a "real" football team. Go Vols!

Guest Bronker
Yes!

And he was the OC at USC - *I'd* look like a genius with their talent.

I think this will turn out to be UT's 'Mike Shula' hire.

Love it.

We'll see you in October, big boy!

Right now you better worry about Auburn! And worse, that nonsensical hiring of a former Utah coach at that reptile school to your east!

Bustin' your chops, crim!!

I don't know why anyone would want the UT job. Majors got screwed over and so has Fulmer.

?????????

Fulmer has been running the program into the ground since 2001. They are 4-7, maybe 4-8 tomorrow. He gets outcoached every week, and he can no longer recruit. Expectations are lower every year. For this, he's awarded millions. How is this getting screwed???

Guest Bronker
Ok, I'm 19 and who is his Dad? I'm not familiar with him.His Dad is before my time.

Do a "wiki" on Monte Kiffin. Considered to be one of the best defensive masterminds in football at any level. Right now he's the DC for Tampa Bay

Guest nraforlife
?????????

Fulmer has been running the program into the ground since 2001. They are 4-7, maybe 4-8 tomorrow. He gets outcoached every week, and he can no longer recruit. Expectations are lower every year. For this, he's awarded millions. How is this getting screwed???

How many winning seasons has he had? How about last years winning record. SEC is a rough conference and you cannot win them all, maybe Alabama will this year but that will be a exception not the rule. As far as he can no longer recruit goes once again the SEC is a rough league. SEC schools are NOT on probation and everyone is generally after the same studs. I think that UT should have given him next year to turn things around and then decided but then again I'm a Gator fan.

We'll see you in October, big boy!

Right now you better worry about Auburn! And worse, that nonsensical hiring of a former Utah coach at that reptile school to your east!

Bustin' your chops, crim!!

Hehe, I stand by my initial statement - I love this hire for UT!

Good luck against KY today - they have a good defense (not as good as yours) and played us pretty tight.

I don't know why anyone would want the UT job. Majors got screwed over and so has Fulmer. May make a nice jump off point for a coach but as far as staying years....

Majors conived and got Battle run off so he could come back home.Fulmer went behind Majors back and lobbied for the job while Majors was recuping from bypass surgery.Seems fitting that the Fish Lipped Lard Ass got shafted too.I hope this hire works out.Someone mentioned Kiffen's dad coming,don't look for it.The pay difference between an NFL assistant's job vs a college position is very large.I doubt he would take such a huge pay cut to coach with sonny boy.

I can't believe they hired Kiffen. The guy has NO head coaching experience aside from the gig with Oakland. Being an ass't coach at USC is not the same as being the head man at UT. USC recruits a lot easier than bumpkinville here does. And the cupboard is bare right now.

The locals here like to pretend that UT is some top tier football school. I think this hire proves otherwise. Hamilton seems to have jumped at the first guy who would say yes to his offer. What happened to the model for when he hired "The Golden Jew" Bruce Pearl. Find a guy who is a head coach, one who has shown success at every stop along the way. Kiffen is no where near this model. This hire smacks of what Notre Dame did in hiring Charlie Weiss. Being a good or great OC does not translate into being a good head coach.

I think UT will regret this hire. But since I live here I hope I am wrong and wish Kiffen years and years of success.

As for his father leaving the NFL to come here, money is not an issue. Apparently Daddy is well off and has always wanted to coach with his sons. he will take the pay cut to come along for the ride. Here again being a success in the NFL as a DC may not translate to success in D1 college football. Every player in the NFL is a stud, even the ones who suck. He will not have that talent pool at UT.

I can't believe they hired Kiffen. The guy has NO head coaching experience aside from the gig with Oakland. Being an ass't coach at USC is not the same as being the head man at UT. USC recruits a lot easier than bumpkinville here does. And the cupboard is bare right now.

The locals here like to pretend that UT is some top tier football school. I think this hire proves otherwise. Hamilton seems to have jumped at the first guy who would say yes to his offer. What happened to the model for when he hired "The Golden Jew" Bruce Pearl. Find a guy who is a head coach, one who has shown success at every stop along the way. Kiffen is no where near this model. This hire smacks of what Notre Dame did in hiring Charlie Weiss. Being a good or great OC does not translate into being a good head coach.

I think UT will regret this hire. But since I live here I hope I am wrong and wish Kiffen years and years of success.

As for his father leaving the NFL to come here, money is not an issue. Apparently Daddy is well off and has always wanted to coach with his sons. he will take the pay cut to come along for the ride. Here again being a success in the NFL as a DC may not translate to success in D1 college football. Every player in the NFL is a stud, even the ones who suck. He will not have that talent pool at UT.

There is also talk of Ed Oregeron coming in as an assistant as well...Wow, he's a great catch:rolleyes:.

The recruiting is tuff, you got Darth Visor to the east in SC, that guy Urban Meyer down in Florida, Mark Richt at Georgia, and Nick Saben at Alabama. That is a crap load of competition in the recruiting game. Maybe the basketball team will help in recruiting. We will see. Not very excited.