Armed students at Liberty University?

That's what Jerry Falwell Jr. wants:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_LIBERTY_UNIVERSITY_GUNS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-05-12-15-39

Don't you love how the AP writes the headline? "Liberty president calls for an armed Christian campus" :squint:

Falwell's message is apparently being heeded. He said more than 100 people had asked Liberty police about a free class to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

You know how the left is gonna react.... :eek: :crazy: :panic:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Falwell's message is apparently being heeded. He said more than 100 people had asked Liberty police about a free class to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

Seems even conservative students are on the Free####™ bandwagon.

Edited by btq96r

Even for you, this is a childish post. Using this logic, only conservatives get CCW permits?

What does that make you then?

I meant how they wanted the class for free instead of having to pay for it like anyone else taking one for a CCW.  Last I checked it wasn't something police- campus police especially since they specifically identified "Liberty police"- were providing out of their own time and budget.

I meant how they wanted the class for free instead of having to pay for it like anyone else taking one for a CCW.  Last I checked it wasn't something police- campus police especially since they specifically identified "Liberty police"- were providing out of their own time and budget.

I know exactly what you meant and you dodged my question.

You are presuming that these college kids attending the CCW class are all conservative which is funny because I think you were one of the "don't lump all muslims together" commentators.

I know exactly what you meant and you dodged my question.

You are presuming that these college kids attending the CCW class are all conservative which is funny because I think you were one of the "don't lump all muslims together" commentators.

How many no joke liberal students do you think are at Jerry Falwell's Evangelical Christian Liberty University where convocation three times per week is mandatory and creationism is mandated in the curriculum?  Fair to say those who choose to go there are conservative by any statistical measure. 

Liberal kids do the same thing, middle of the road kids do the same thing.  With few exceptions, they're still firmly tethered to mommy and daddy's purse and want someone else to pick up the tab.  I see it everyday at the school I go to.  However, these are the same kids who are going to come out of that school decrying the welfare state, yet at least 100 of them are looking for someone to subsidize their own CCW training. 

Muslims on the other hand are being demagogued for the violent actions of a minority who profess to the same religion.  It's not apples to oranges comparison wise.

Edited by btq96r

Also, not for nothing, if Liberty University wanted to take care of their students and provide them with a CCW course, they could. Under VA law...probably even charging them tuition or fees like any other class for it.

So, let's see them put their money where their President's mouth is.

Documentation of Proof of Handgun Competency - Section 18.2-308.02

The court shall require proof that the applicant has demonstrated competence with a handgun and the applicant may demonstrate such competence by one of the following, but no applicant shall be required to submit to any additional demonstration of competence:

1. Completing any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries or a similar agency of another state;
  2. Completing any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
  3. Completing any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law-enforcement agency, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association or the Department of Criminal Justice Services

I think you should have just said Liberty students. Calling out specifically "conservative" even though they may be a mostly conservative group is what was out of line. Many Christian kids go where their Christian parents will pay for the education rather than the college of their choice, and they are far from conservative their selves. Many kids play a game until they are out on their own. 

Hmm  which is a better use of their limited budget...  1. providing free permit courses to students so they can help protect themselves and their classmates...  or 2. wasting the money on overtime chasing down underage drinking and pot users?

I know which I'd rather my police department 'waste' my money on.