Glock 19 Gen 2

gomer pyle

I picked up a gen 2 19 today. Wow, why did glock have to add the finger groves on gen 3s and 4s? It feels so much better and I shoot a lot better with it. If I looked correctly it was manufactured in 1/92. It came with a beaver tail which I plan to remove, I have to order a trigger pin. Should I order/replace all the springs in it, considering I don't know the round count? Anything else I should consider/do?

• Like 1

I'm not sure on LE trade-in, I picked it up from a TGO member who is not LE. I plan to use a factory glock spring kit, as this will be my carry gun, any reason not to? I plan to order an extended mag release and slide release but have not heard about grinding the mag release down, I'll look into that.

thanks

I hated those Gen 2 single polymer RSA - Id get a new spring kit and a stainless steel guide rod to go along with it. Not sure if there is a dual RSA thatll fit in a Gen 2

Check the rifling to make sure it aint shot out. The Gen 2 19 I had was equipped with these funky sights that hung out over the back of the slide - steel/OEM Glock sights or the Glock Night Sights do nicely.

Talon grips help with those slippery frames, the trigger should be really nice now - obviously replace the striker spring with the spring kit

I think what Shotgunshooter was saying was scallop out the area in front of the mag release so it is easier to get to (again, I think)

Other than that a Glock is a glock, some extra mags wont hurt

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I hated those Gen 2 single polymer RSA - Id get a new spring kit and a stainless steel guide rod to go along with it. Not sure if there is a dual RSA thatll fit in a Gen 2

Check the rifling to make sure it aint shot out. The Gen 2 19 I had was equipped with these funky sights that hung out over the back of the slide - steel/OEM Glock sights or the Glock Night Sights do nicely.

Talon grips help with those slippery frames, the trigger should be really nice now - obviously replace the striker spring with the spring kit

I think what Shotgunshooter was saying was scallop out the area in front of the mag release so it is easier to get to (again, I think)

Other than that a Glock is a glock, some extra mags wont hurt

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Not exactly. This is what I meant. 16853c716432128e40717f019ff86a38.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I picked up a gen 2 19 today. Wow, why did glock have to add the finger groves on gen 3s and 4s? It feels so much better and I shoot a lot better with it. If I looked correctly it was manufactured in 1/92. It came with a beaver tail which I plan to remove, I have to order a trigger pin. Should I order/replace all the springs in it, considering I don't know the round count? Anything else I should consider/do?

Can you post pics of the gun? Wear on the frame, slide, recoil spring, etc? That may give us an idea of what needs to be done.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk Edited by shotgunshooter

Gen2 are my favorite and I own maybe a couple or three ;) .  I have a complete model collection minus the long slides.  They are great and are made to shoot the heck out of.  I like my Glocks 100% OEM except for either talon grips or the rubber sleeve.  Before replacing the springs, you might want to see if yours as a NY1 or NY2 trigger spring.  I actually had one with a NY2 trigger spring, and it kinda grew on me, but my jury is still out. 

So as to be not 100% bias I do have a Gen3 30S.  Not my favorite which by the way is my 32, but I like throwing bowling balls in a small gun. 

Enjoy.............Btw changing the springs is a very easy job, youtube is your friend. 

Edited by runco

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought there were supposed to be 6 springs?

I guess I'm the odd man out. While I do like my gen 2 19(made in Dec of 88) it's not the end all be all of Glocks. The Gen 4's actually feel much better in the hand and I like all the new features better. There has also been a lot of speculation as to how long the polymer will hold up on these guns. We've seen cracked frames on some of the older Glocks.

I've honestly considered selling or trading my Gen2 for something else.