FN Five Seven

Guest Rem_700

Guest Rem_700

Who has one and how do you like it.I want to hear some reviews on this pistol.I have a hankering for one something fierce!! It is on my "gotta have list" LOL...SO lets here it.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has one and how do you like it.I want to hear some reviews on this pistol.I have a hankering for one something fierce!! It is on my "gotta have list" LOL...SO lets here it.

I shot one at the last Norris get together. Feller had one (not one of "us"); let me shot a few rounds.

Not much kick at all; easy to get back on target for sure.

Big and heavy gun though, and ain't the ammo pricey?

- OS

3 Guys that I work with all bought 2 each, a friend of theirs in Houston works for FNH, they absolutely love them, I have the PS90 (same ammo) and I love it ;)

ammo ain't to bad.$20 for 50 rnds.

Oh, well that ain't so bad, then. Guy told me it was kinda pricey, all I knew.

Also, I said it felt "heavy" -- on second though, I don't really remember the weight, just that it was too big for me to consider for carry.

- OS

The pistol is awesome...i had both it and the PS90...I hated the PS90. The pistol with 20rds weighs right under 2lbs (awesome)...has less recoil then most 9mm's (awesome), and is accurate some people claim to 100yds(I dunno bout that but 25yds was definitely dead on). I only sold mine because I was getting rid of a whole package. I think they are awesome pistols and yes before the past year $20 for 50rds was expensive...now thats right in line with most larger calibers thus the gun is no longer cost prohibitive to shoot lol. If you get one you will love it. Definitely the fastest firing/easiest to double tap pistol I have owned only beat out by my 1911 (that only holds 7+1). 3.5 out of 4 stars. :-D

Ammo source: http://www.eliteammunition.com/catView.php

And on the gun... never owned one myself, but I've handled a few and shot one. It is as others have said, a low-recoil tack-driver. The trigger isn't bad, the sights are ok, the grip sucks, but the balance overall is very natural. You will either love or hate the location of the safety (I personally hate it), but I think one of these would be an excellent option to suppress and put an illuminator on the rail, and keep for home defense (that or a suppressed, SBR'ed PS90 perhaps)... Reason being, the caliber tends to not penetrate as far as conventional pistol or rifle calibers, through standard building materials.

Great link for ammo there when your needing some SD rounds. I personally liked the grip...one nice thing is the safety can be swapped for a righty or lefty....I think im starting to miss mine :rolleyes:

Ammo source: http://www.eliteammunition.com/catView.php

And on the gun... never owned one myself, but I've handled a few and shot one. It is as others have said, a low-recoil tack-driver. The trigger isn't bad, the sights are ok, the grip sucks, but the balance overall is very natural. You will either love or hate the location of the safety (I personally hate it), but I think one of these would be an excellent option to suppress and put an illuminator on the rail, and keep for home defense (that or a suppressed, SBR'ed PS90 perhaps)... Reason being, the caliber tends to not penetrate as far as conventional pistol or rifle calibers, through standard building materials.