Kahr P380

Guest Centennial

Guest Centennial

I just read an article in the January 2009 issue of Guns & Ammo magazine about the new Kahr P380 pistol. The author, Patrick Sweeney seemed to like the pistol a lot. I've not been one to carry a mouse gun, but this little 380 has me thinking about getting one.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justinbelcher13

If you are against the mousegun, kahr makes the pm9 which is litterally just a hair bigger. .4" overall longer and only .1" overall taller and still well under an inch thick. and you get a 9mm which isnt no mousegun. Im about to get me one. That .380 is pretty sweet looking though.

I just read an article in the January 2009 issue of Guns & Ammo magazine about the new Kahr P380 pistol. The author, Patrick Sweeney seemed to like the pistol a lot. I've not been one to carry a mouse gun, but this little 380 has me thinking about getting one.

It's been delayed and delayed, which indicates probs to me. These small autos may well be more problematic than even the PM series.

I love my Kahr PM9, but with all the various probs with various editions of Kahr models though the years, I would NOT jump in on the first of the .380's. I'd wager first shipments will be equivalent of a beta test.

- OS

I played with a P380 at the NRA convention in Louisville. They seem to be a sweet little gun. They ARE smaller than a Kel-Tec. That is the only thing that might be bad about them. A .380 Kel Tec is a handfull I dont know how something that is smaller will handle when you shoot it, u better hang on. I forgot what retail is going to be on this gun (becasue they have delayed it some much) but i think it going to be $550-$675? Thats awfull expensive for a BUG.

-Jason G

There are a lot of new .380s out there, following in the footsteps of Kel-Tec. The Kel-Tec .380 has been on the market for many years, and has been upgraded a bit from time to time. It is a mature product, and therefore (in my humble opinion) a better gun than the LCP (which just had a massive recall) or the Kahr, which is just beginning to appear.

A step up, still very affordable (half of the Kahr price) the Kel-Tec PF9. A very nice 9mm thin pistol that you can carry in your front pants pocket (not suit pants!).

See http://www.mouseguns.com/pf9rev/pf9rev.htm

ngpf9.jpg

Edited by mousegunner
spelling
Guest Centennial

Thanks for the good input, guys. I'm not "against" mouseguns, I have just carried a bit more gun that that for many years. I do see the practical side in selecting a gun that can be carried easily in most any clothing.