Burning questions on Why does TN. honor Ca. CCW?

Tennessee honors all other states Permit/Licenses.

So this means, TN honors the California CCW, however California of course does not honor any other states Permits/Licenses.

A quick search reveals a number of other states also honor California as well.

I am sure the high profile people in Ca. either have or have guards with CCW with them as they travel.  So when they visit these other states the have armed protection with them.  So they travel about, they get to enjoy having armed protection with them, but don't want to extend the same curiosity to the rest of us if we travel there.

I think maybe TN needs to only honor States that honor ours.  Perhaps this should spread to other states that are currently honoring Ca. 

Yes, I know there are several other states that don't honor the TN permit and or don't honor any other states.  Just did check them all.  NY is another that does not honor other states.

Thoughts?

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/california.pdf

I know I will probably catch a lot of flak!  Someone will probably put some holes in my train of thought.  I just think fair is fair.

• Moderators

Regardless of one's idea of fairness, doing the right thing for the right reasons is its own reward. Regardless of the idiocy of their governments of folks's home states, allowing folks the ability to have the means to defend themselves is the right thing to do. Just because others act a fool, does not require us to act in kind. 

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Regardless of one's idea of fairness, doing the right thing for the right reasons is its own reward. Regardless of the idiocy of their governments of folks's home states, allowing folks the ability to have the means to defend themselves is the right thing to do. Just because others act a fool, does not require us to act in kind. 

I think this pretty much answers your question without much flack.:cheers:

Edited by crossfire
  • Like 2

That does cover it.

Need to go back to plain simple 2nd amendment nation wide and that would completely fix it.  I guess those days are completely behind us.

I think what burns me on Ca. they pass so many restrictive laws which over time find their ways to other states.  While the movie producers make more and more unrealistic movies about guns scaring the bejesus out of the anti gun people.  Thus leading to more myths about what guns can actually do.

Yes you will be chastised for wanting to ban them; I was for suggesting we ban Illinois carry permits. I can have a gun in my car in Illinois, but to carry they want $300 for 5 years from out of state residents. Over 20 states recognize an Illinois permit; they don’t recognize any.

I feel the same way about that as I do about our economy; protectionism is not a bad word. The state of Illinois, California or any other state will never need Tennessee to recognize a handgun permit; their citizens will. Gun carry laws are controlled by the state you are standing in; if they want to carry in their cars; that’s fine. But if they want to carry anywhere else; they need an HCP or reciprocity.

Carry is controlled by the states; not the Feds. I don't want to ever see that change.

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

The technical reason is simply that TN honors all other states' permits by statute. It would have to amended by the legislature to change that.

- OS

And that makes it really easy on TN law enforcement. They don't have to memorize, or look up which states permits are OK in TN. You got a valid permit from another state, you are good to go in TN. Just like drivers licenses. That's the way it should be.

• Like 2

Tennessee honors all the other states' permits.  

I'm sure a good bit of the people in California with CCW's did not vote for the goofy politicians in LA and SF that come up with their silly laws.  They are unfortunately outnumbered.

Until this year, people in California with licenses had it better than us and could legally carry in K-12 schools and colleges.  Of course the goofy bed wetters in SF and LA found out that was legal and messed it up for them.

Edited by 300winmag
  • Like 1