Trying to get information on an old Smith & Wesson revolver model of 1953

A couple years ago I got a S&W 22lr revolver from my granddaddy and was my first pistol. I shot it a few times but it just sits in the case cleaned and oiled now. I since have gotten my ccp and have a few Glock pistols. The revolver thing is not my cup of tea. I am thinking of adding a new baby Glock to my carry guns. I started looking into this pistol to find out information about it thinking I might go trade it in and wanted to get some ideal what it was worth before going to gun shop. The best I can come up with is it appears to be a S&W model of 1953 .22/.32 kit pistol. By the serial number which is 10xx it appears to me it was in the first 1000 made and should date it to 1953 production year. It has all matching numbers including the grips. There is no model number stamped so that appears to be a pre 1957 model. If there are any S&W collectors that could help me figure out what I have a possible value I would greatly appreciate any input. This gun has been shot but appears to me still in good condition. A little blueing is worn off end of barrel from holster.

acd831199e3f6a872fb3132b87a175f2.jpg

5a00c3524adff0e08ba5865539e7012b.jpg

I have some other guns I got from him that are heirloom guns. I have more safe queens then real shooters already. The only thing stamped there is 20092. No other numbers. The 4 digit serial number is stamped on bottom of barrel, cylinder, bottom of grip and the backside of the grip.

I recently paid $575 for one a bit nicer at a gun show. Of course, I turned down a healthy profit on it before I left the show. They're pricey. Check "completed auctions" on gunbroker for comparison.

I spent better than 20 years looking for a nice one at a decent price. It's yours; do what you want, but I think it foolish to even consider selling it.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I recently paid $575 for one a bit nicer at a gun show. Of course, I turned down a healthy profit on it before I left the show. They're pricey. Check "completed auctions" on gunbroker for comparison.

I spent better than 20 years looking for a nice one at a decent price. It's yours; do what you want, but I think it foolish to even consider selling it.

Amen brother.....

leroy