Kudos to Walther Arms!

Grayfox54

Many of us have been there. One of our guns break or has to go back to the maker for warranty work. The wait is often months and sometimes the repair ain't right. And sometimes you even have to pay the shipping! :mad: 
In 40+ years of shooting and collecting, I've had to deal with most of the major gun makers at one time or another. Most have been an exercise in frustration. :(
The one notable exception is Springfield Armory. I've told this story before. To make it short, Springfield has absolutely outstanding customer Service. ;)

So anyway, I have this stainless Interarms/Ranger Walther PPK .380 which I bought used. A couple of weeks ago the decocker quit working. The lever would move about 30 degrees and then just stop dead. I couldn't make it go any farther. 
Now this raised a couple of interesting questions. Since I'm not the original owner, would Walther Arms honor their lifetime warranty? And would Walther Arms even work on an Interarms/Ranger gun? Even the folks over at the Walther Forum weren't completely sure. :confused:
I gave Walther Arms a call. BTW: for those who may no know, Walther Arms is the American version of Karl Walther Inc and located in Ft. Smith, Arkansas. 
I talked it over with the customer rep. They e-mailed a shipping label and repair form and off it went to Ft. Smith. 
I got it back today. According to the invoice, they replaced the decocker and hammer strut, serviced the gun and test fired it. The pistol works perfectly. ;)
Better yet, from the time it was shipped to them and when I got it back was ELEVEN DAYS! :up:
Warranty covered it all with no charge to me. :D

Now let me add this. While I had the rep on the phone, I mentioned that I had recently bought a used PPK/S .22 and would like to purchase the little wrench for the muzzle nut. No problem! They sent me one in the mail for free. :D

Folks, you just can't beat customer service like that! I'm more than happy to pass the good news on.
KUDOS TO WALTHER ARMS! 

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 5

Great story to hear, Grayfox54. It's wonderful when cs people and warranty service are both top notch. All too often in this world that is not the case.

I've owned 4/5 Walthers in my days, all have been perfect. But it's good to know that I can get help easily if needed.