Interesting SIG screwup

Oh Shoot

So just ordered the new SIG SBX brace from them the other day.

Got a receipt in email, that had a 229 page PDF attachment. Which is actually 229 receipts to other customers for various SIG products, all dated 10/17, with names/addresses/emails. There are a couple of big orders to Brownell's in first few pages, other businesses, police departments,  individuals.  edit: wow, found one to the military, too, maybe minor national security issue there.

Interesting little IT glitch there for sure. Not just me either, saw someone else mention it on another forum.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I got a receipt as well but with somebody else's info. They purchased some magazines and a set of grips for a 226 or 229, can't remember. It is being shipped to SC.

I considered forwarding it to him because it does have his email on the receipt.

Makes you wonder who got our receipts for the SBX braces we ordered.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

I got a receipt as well but with somebody else's info. They purchased some magazines and a set of grips for a 226 or 229, can't remember. It is being shipped to SC.

I considered forwarding it to him because it does have his email on the receipt.

Makes you wonder who got our receipts for the SBX braces we ordered.

I got two emails, one shortly after I purchased it on the 16th with my correct info, and one from about 1am today,  with confirmation that it was being processed. It was the second email that had the attached PDF in it.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
I wouldn't be too worried about who all got your private/personal information. I'm sure they did the right thing with your info and turned it over to the BATFE. You can feel safe knowing the bureau is possibly storing your information and will coordinate with DHS for your own protection.
  • Like 1

SO this was SIG issue, not Brownell's, right?

(I was thinking about a order to latter)

Yes, was glitch in SIG's order processing system. Significant oopsie really. As Dolo says, you can see what your gun store is making off you, and what some government agencies and police depts bought and whatnot.

Nothing too earthshaking national security wise or anything I don't guess, but embarrassing for a govt. contractor to let it get out surely.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

That's interesting. Figured that .gov agencies could just put in an order for whatever type of rifle or submachine gun they wanted.

Well, they did. Petty cash expenditures for specific military outfits I guess, like for 99 pistols. (guessing that 100 would have required different level of paperwork or something).

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Well, they did. Petty cash expenditures for specific military outfits I guess, like for 99 pistols. (guessing that 100 would have required different level of paperwork or something).

- OS

I got confused and thought they were ordering the braces.  That's what I thought was weird.

I got confused and thought they were ordering the braces.  That's what I thought was weird.

Gotcha. No, this was 229 separate purchases of all kinds of products made in one day directly from SIG, maybe all of them, dunno.

Gordon, ya wanna total those up real quick for us? :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Break it down for us.  Government expenditures are a matter of public record anyway.  Looks like an epic screw-up at Sig has made it easier to get the info....for what, one day's worth of orders?

Looks like Sig is yet another half-assed reatailer that's gonna owe a lot of people free credit monitoring. 

Edited by Garufa