Ruger LCR

I_Like_Pie

Sounds like a Ruger flop ala the Hawkeye,308 Mini 14,and the .357 Maximum.Ruger has a pattern of introducing some duds and they are long overdue for another.

Points taken...

-I can sell you a Hawkeye for about $2500 these days because collector demand is so high and supply is so low.

-$700 for a .357 Maximum as the long frame is great for wildcatting...flame cutting was a non issue.

-The .308 Mini 14 was never produced and there are only 2 prototypes in existence.

-The recalls that the company put in play were all voluntary...none were requirements by any oversight from another entity.

Yeah...they made some ugly guns, but all in all they have had way more success than failure.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have seen the pics but pie would kill me (or the Ruger ninjas might) if i posted them. the gun looks SWEET! Not sure if they used the crimson trace laser grip for a S&W 442 in the pic or if CT is already on board with the new product. It would not surprise me if Ruger got with CT and they already have a product ready on Ruger release day.

Just wait 1 day and 14 hours to see the pics :tinfoil:

They would be better off to scrap the GP100 series and bring back the Security/Service/Speed Six line.

The only difference between the two designs is the gripframe. GP is a stub to fit sleeved grips and panel, and S/S/S were fit to grips.

I know I am throwing food under the bridge for the troll to feed, but I can play the Ruger quiz game all day long :tinfoil:

The only difference between the two designs is the gripframe. GP is a stub to fit sleeved grips and panel, and S/S/S were fit to grips.

I know I am throwing food under the bridge for the troll to feed, but I can play the Ruger quiz game all day long :tinfoil:

Uh,you might want to look at the barrels .Also the old guns had better balance.

Uh,you might want to look at the barrels .Also the old guns had better balance.

Ruger made GP series guns with the half shroud that was found on the previous generation guns for many years. I will agree with you 100% that these are coveted by many shooters as having better balance. All that extra steel in the grip also moved center of weight more toward the hand.

Remember in the 80's that the revolver was still the choice sidearm for many officers. The newer design could be made to accommodate different hands, be lighter for all day carry, and still cheaper to produce.

I am not sure why they eventually went exclusive with the full shroud, but am sure that the Colt Python's look had something to do with it.

Correct me if I am wrong but did the major Ruger distributors not have in hand a bunch of LCP's on the release date? that's pretty good in my book! Can you blame Ruger for developing a popular gun (LCP) and as a result being hard to come by?

Kel-tec p3at's and Ruger LCP's are both next to impossable to get right now and the P3at's have been around for a while now.

Everywhere has been out of CCW since way before the election!

I am not sure why they eventually went exclusive with the full shroud, but am sure that the Colt Python's look had something to do with it.

They were copying the S&W 686.Remember the magazine ads that Smith put out with the revolver shaped hamburger meat with the GP grips on it?

Hurry look now it wont be there too long!

Yup...I actually got a very polite letter from Ruger's ad agency saying that they would like it if I don't post any pre-release pics on my site...Was actually glad to oblige them...Pretty sure that the firing line will not be so kind.