pistol caliber AR

nightrunner

where would one go to get quality uppers or complete rifles in pistol calibers for the AR-15? in particualrly 9mm, 10mm, .45acp, and .357sig.

dont really care for olympic ar's.

i know about the bushmaster 9mm carbine and pistol.

.45acp is the most intriguing to me but like 10mm also.

if you know of any other pistol caliber carbines in these calibers, im all ears too. except for the CX4 storm and mechtech CCU

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can still find a Colt 9mm AR but they're not cheap. Olympic, Bushmaster, and RRA make them as well.

Other pistol caliber carbines that come to mind:

Hi-Point 995

HK94's and related clones

Uzi Carbines and related clones

Kel-Tec Sub2000

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head, besides the Beretta CX4.

Edit:

Oh yeah, forgot the new Thompson clones that Auto-Ordnance is producing.

Edited by skwashdem

I have a Bushmaster Carbon 15 9mm, and it's my all-time favorite rifle. It runs like a sewing machine with FMJs and hollow points. A friend bought a 9mm upper and conversion kit from here:

http://www.americanspiritarms.net/

He's been happy with it, too. It was around $600-$625 less than a year ago, IIRC. He got the flat-top version and put an EOTech on it. Here's a quick video of us screwing around with it after an IDPA match (I don't claim to be an expert with an AR, BTW):

[ame]

[/ame]

i am looking for something off the shelf, but if i knew where to get the parts im sure i could get my local gunshop (hero-gear) to assemble it for me.

.45 is what i really want. i can find a few 9mm uppers and complete rifles, but the other calibers seem to elude me

Here is some info I found on AR15.com about the .45 AR's

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=345390

I know where you are comming from, I bought a Ceiner .22 AR conversion back in October and I love the thing. I shoot it more than I do 5.56/.223 through my AR. It is so much cheaper, I can get 550 rounds of .22 for $14 compaired to .40 cents a round for 5.56/.223. There are plenty of companies that sell the 9mm uppers and parts kits out there. Again 9mm is cheaper to shoot than .223. My dad built a 9mm AR from a J&T kit and a Double Star lower and he loves it. I went for the HK style 9mm carbine and built a MP5 clone from Bobcat Weapons BW5 and SBR'd it and i love it.

-Jason G