Norinco handguns????

Guest strelcevina

Guest strelcevina

whats up with Norinco Handguns.

i know they are made in china, but why cant we buy them here.

i never saw them in the local shops or gun shows.

it looks like they make really cool lookalikes of 1911 ,CZ and sig 226

and they are cheap.

Cant wait for Chinese to flood a gun market with good cheap handguns.

,:D

splash-hg-1911-300px.jpg

NP-22-800px.jpg

Norinco-NZ85b-lge.jpg

Edited by strelcevina
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah most chinese clones I have seen are of a really good quality....unlike their cars.

Funny you should mention that. A good buddy of mine just bought the distributorship rights to an area in southern AL and some of GA for the Wildfire vehicles.

Wildfire_Vehicles.jpg

He's in to Norinco's, too. But, as of now, only SKS's. ;)

Cant wait for Chinese to flood a gun market with good cheap handguns

They've been and gone. Due to current import laws we may never see them here again, in "new" form.

If you get the chance to pick up a used Norinco 1911, go for it. They're very nice.

Guest strelcevina
They've been and gone. Due to current import laws we may never see them here again, in "new" form.

If you get the chance to pick up a used Norinco 1911, go for it. They're very nice.

those import laws sounds kind of Discriminatory against Chinese.

if we can buy German, Austrian, Italian or Brazilian Guns, why cant we buy Chinese.

anyway 99% things in my house are made in China anyway.

I think it was actually Bill Clinton.

http://info.hktdc.com/alert/us0311e.htm

Note the date.

More here. It's actually two bans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norinco

Importations of most Norinco firearms and ammunition into the United States were blocked during the Clinton Administration in 1993 under new trade rules when China's Most Favored Nation status was renewed. Concerns about their use by criminals in inner cities was the reason put forward for the prohibition. The prohibition did not apply to sporting shotguns or shotgun ammunition however.

In 1994, some employees of Norinco came under federal investigation from both the FBI as well as the BATF after a successful sting dubbed “Operation Dragon Fire.” In May 1996, in what was called "the largest seizure of fully operational automatic weapons in U.S. history,"[3] 14 individuals and an Atlanta, Georgia company were indicted for the unlicensed importation and sale of 2,000 AK-47's into the United States. U.S. Customs agents posing as arms traffickers convinced a group of Chinese arms dealers, including three Norinco representatives, that they were in the market to buy guns for drug rings and street gangs.[4] "The defendants offered the government undercover agents more sophisticated weapons, including hand-held rocket launchers, mortars, anti-aircraft missiles, silenced machine guns and even tanks," said Wayne Yama****a of the U.S. Customs Service.[5] The Customs Service discovered during the investigation that these weapons were bound for Oakland, California street gangs.[6] According to an affidavit signed by two of the undercover agents involved in the investigation, representatives from Norinco offered to sell urban gangs shoulder-held missile launchers capable of downing a large commercial airliner.

In August 2003, the Bush administration imposed sanctions on Norinco for allegedly selling missile-related goods to Iran.[6] While not formally joining the multinational effort to restrict the proliferation of missiles, China did commit in 2000, not to assist in any way the development by other countries of MTCR-class missile technology. Neither the Chinese government nor Norinco has denied doing business with Iranian companies, although they did deny that it was for missile related purposes at the Shahid Hemmat Industrial Group, Iran’s key manufacturer of ballistic and non ballistic missiles.[7] Norinco has called the sanctions "groundless and unjustified" and "entirely unreasonable."[8]

These sanctions led to a prohibition on imports into the US of the remaining types of firearms and ammunition not covered by the 1993 ban.

Edited by BryanP

If you all run across a Blue Norinco 1911 with a flat main spring housing, wood grips and a full length guide rod for sale in the Knoxville area, I'd appreciate it if you send me a message here. I had one stolen in when my house was broke into about 4 years ago. It was a great psitol. I'd love to have it back. :rolleyes: I still have the box, so I have the SN too.

Guest gcrookston
I think it was actually Bill Clinton.

It was an executive order from Clinton. Human Right's violations, political posturing, etc. They got their favored nation status back but all arms and ammo are banned. If you want new chinese weaponry you'll have to move to Canada. I doubt it will ever be back here.

What kills me is half the people that yell "buy American" are the same ones that want to buy Chinese guns because the American version is "too expensive" lol.

I know what you mean! one of the reasons I haven't bought any of the imitation shotguns (I saw a lever action 12 gauge the other day) is because they're Chinese.

I DO have several American pistols though..oh..and a couple Israeli pistols. :rolleyes:

I figure..if you absolutely MUST kill someone..use a weapon design that a whole country depends on.

;):D:D

oh..and hey..you eyeballin my FAL?? :D

Clinton banned Norinco small-arms imports while selling missile tech in exchange for campaign donations. Hypocrisy, thy name is Democrat.

Not a real surprise, though, as he also ordered the destruction of surplus 1911's and m14's, along with thousands of Garands, to prevent them falling into the hands of Americans.

Chinese shotguns are still coming in, notably the 1887, 1893 and 1897 winchester clones, the Remington 870 clones (steel receiver and aluminum? trigger group vice Remingtons' aluminum receiver and plastic trigger group) and a coachgun. With the exception of the 870, these guns are not manufactured in the US. Due to the design and the legal climate, these guns won't be made in the US at any time in the forseeable future (no disconnector on the shotguns, no ridiculous safety on the coachgun).

Without speaking to the political issues, the guns range from mediocre to good. Think of them as kits; with some skilled home gunsmithing and possibly decent springs they can be very useable. The Winchester clones are actually stronger than available originals. Originally, quality was terrible, but after hiring an American gunsmith who specialized in repair of the originals for cowboy action shooting, and using american walnut stock blanks (made in Missouri, I think), they became useable "out of the box".

Chinese 1911's and M14 clones won't be available in this country again in my lifetime, given current political trends by both parties.

Guest HexHead
Their "Model of the M1911A1" was the only platform one of the well-known .45 "hot-rodders" (Wilson, Brown, someone else?) would use other than a genuine Colt for their custom jobs before President Clinton shut off the spigot.

Back in 1993 there probably weren't that many other makers around like there are now.

Guest HexHead

Chinese 1911's and M14 clones won't be available in this country again in my lifetime, given current political trends by both parties.

I recall reading something a couple of months ago that Chinese (Norinco?) M1As were going to be manufactured here and sell for about half what a Springfield one does.

• 2 years later...
Back in 1993 there probably weren't that many other makers around like there are now.

It's reported that the steel used in the gun is excellent compared to other 1911's

I came across a Norinco 1911 with Wilson match barrel & bushing . It had upgraded everything else but frame and slide at a local shop. Picked it up for under $500. Its an excellent shooter.

<----- The NHM 91 AK (variant) in pic is a Norinco as well. Also an excellent weapon.

Edited by Dad03
Clinton banned Norinco small-arms imports while selling missile tech in exchange for campaign donations. Hypocrisy, thy name is Democrat.
I think politicians on both sides are morally debased; very few of them have any ideals that aren't for sale/rent.
Not a real surprise, though, as he also ordered the destruction of surplus 1911's and m14's, along with thousands of Garands, to prevent them falling into the hands of Americans.

One of the TRUE crimes of the century!! I know they made millions, so they aren't priceless collectibles, but I'd love to have owned one of them. This kind of crap makes all of us who love guns cringe. There are tons of new weapons that can be had cheaper, destroying these accomplished nothing in the grand scheme of things.