swiley383

9mm cast/coated bullets

Experimenting with some 125 grain blue bullets in 9mm. Anyone have any experience with these? I have a good load worked up with HP-38 working on one with Accurate No5 and just picked up some Unique. So far I have found that you must put a good amount of bell on the case. These will be shot mostly in a Glock 19, S&W SD9VE and M&P 2.0 compact and will most like get shot from my dad’s hi power and shield. 

I upped the charge of Accurate No. 5 and ended up with a very ni e load. Seems these bullets really like that powder.

• Like 1

It’s good to see someone using coated bullets in 9mm. I am working up a load using Alliant’s new Sport Pistol powder and Acme 124 gr. coated bullets. This powder was developed for coated bullets and references this bullet manufacture by name. I won’t get a chance to shoot them soon; but, when I do I will let you know how they do. 

I have loaded a similar bullet using Unique. I seem to recall a load around 4.5 grains. Don’t quote me and do your own research. 

On 3/17/2019 at 10:26 AM, swiley383 said:

I upped the charge of Accurate No. 5 and ended up with a very ni e load. Seems these bullets really like that powder.

How much #5 are you using?

Bill

What diameter are they? I found some work well at .356 while others need to be .357 or .358 to get the best from them.

The cases do need more belling to keep from shaving the coating.

Using 5.0 grains of Accurate #5 and they are sized to .355. I just found 2 more companies I want to try DG bullets and Gallent bullets. Both are coated and and little cheaper than blue bullets. DG has a 1100 bullet quick ship box of 125 grain bullets for $68 shipped.

I have used some Acme Bullet Co. 45 acp bullets. 

I love their .215 gr SWC 45, also known as Bowling Pin bullets. 

They are "NOT" coated, hard cast lead, sized to .452".

I have some Falcon Bullets coming to me at the next match at Strategic Edge USPSA on the 20th. 

125gr Conical FalCoats (Hi Tek coating,nice shade of red)  I plan on pushing with 4.1-4.2 of WW231 for my Glock 34 in Production.   $67.00/1000 no shipping Stan brings them to the  match if you ask nice like.

• Like 1

Now having problems with Blue bullets lots they won’t pass the plunk test or fit my Lyman cartridge gauge. I have this problem since I started though I had it figured out but out of every 100 I have had anywhere from 4 to 12 fail. All that I have pulled measure.355 and the bras measures in spec. I experimented with seating depth and crimp and no crimp( normally don’t crimp 9mm). The one that pass shoot great just not sure what is happening here.