Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jero100

Glock 80% lower issue

Recommended Posts

I purchased a PF940CL a few weeks ago that I finished out and put a Brownells slide on. Both the lower and slide were finished out with OEM glock parts.

Now I have a problem with failure to go into battery when shooting....sometimes it's after the first shot...sometimes the 3rd or 4th.

I have a factory Gen 3 G17 that I've swapped barrel, slide, etc trying to identify the problem but not alot of luck. I've used G17 mags and G19 mags.

I'm shooting ball ammo.

From the looks of it, the round is hitting at the bottom of the ramp.

 

Any ideas?

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Polymer80 has a good tech support department.  I'd contact them and send that photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jero100 said:

Will do...Thanks.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue.

I've not seen it before but I would imagine if anyone has, it would be P80's tech support.  I'd be interested in hearing what they say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What were you results in swapping the slides?  Were you able to get the Brownells slide to function on your factory glock frame and vice versa? From what I have seen the vast majority of issues with these come from the guide rod channel not being cut deep enough.  Do you have any pictures looking down the channel to see how deep you went?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a Glock slide, barrel, etc., on the Polymer80 frame produces the same results it’s time to talk to them.  Problems are not unheard of with these builds and a quick Google search shows all kinds of random issues with these frames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrankD said:

What were you results in swapping the slides?  Were you able to get the Brownells slide to function on your factory glock frame and vice versa? From what I have seen the vast majority of issues with these come from the guide rod channel not being cut deep enough.  Do you have any pictures looking down the channel to see how deep you went?  

I haven't checked that...I'll get the calipers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FrankD brought up a good point. I would measure with the calipers and see. You might need to go a little deeper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 6:16 PM, jero100 said:

I haven't checked that...I'll get the calipers.

It turns out the channel had a high spot.

A little dremel work and now it cycles like a champ and the accuracy is impressive.

A sincere thanks to everyone for their input.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jero100 said:

It turns out the channel had a high spot.

A little dremel work and now it cycles like a champ and the accuracy is impressive.

A sincere thanks to everyone for their input.

Fantastic!

I loved my P80 enough that I bought a serialized version so that I wouldn't have to worry about explaining the law concerning 80% lowers to a cop if I were ever to be detained.  Now I've got a range toy and a "Not a Glock" that is fantastic for carry when I feel like carrying something that isn't a Glock 19 but almost is.  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’ve been half assed thinking about doing up a Gucci build on a P80 lower. 

IMO, it beats having someone work-over a Glock frame for you since the P80 frames already have almost all of the things people commonly have a "plastic surgeon" do to their Glocks.

If you want a more aggressive texture, but one of the special models that P80 makes for Brownell's from Brownell's marketed as their "Aggressive Texture" series.  Catchy name, right?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TGO David said:

IMO, it beats having someone work-over a Glock frame for you since the P80 frames already have almost all of the things people commonly have a "plastic surgeon" do to their Glocks.

If you want a more aggressive texture, but one of the special models that P80 makes for Brownell's from Brownell's marketed as their "Aggressive Texture" series.  Catchy name, right?

 

Thanks for the heads up on the Brownell’s P80 frames. My big thing is that if I am going to do a fancy build, it’s a lot cheaper to just build up from scratch instead of buying a stock gun full of parts I don’t want or need. 

 

Of course if P80 would do an M&P lower, I’d be all over that like white on rice. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Of course if P80 would do an M&P lower, I’d be all over that like white on rice. 

image.png

Oh, well let me point you another direction then...

https://www.rainierarms.com/nomad-9-frame-glock-19-b/

Serialized, uses Glock parts, but the feel of it is somewhere in between a Glock and M&P.  I've been teetering on the edge of doing one of these for a while now and may finally just get off my butt and do it soon.  I'm thinking:  Nomad frame, maybe a Brownell's slide, an Agency drop-in barrel, Glock frame and slide parts kits...

 

0946__copy.jpg

60797166_439303066631646_735719266340256

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that has my interest. I really would like to get my hands on one to see how it feels. That said, it definitely has my attention. 200.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 6:25 PM, TGO David said:

 

Serialized, uses Glock parts, but the feel of it is somewhere in between a Glock and M&P.

Does it point like a Glock, or more like an M&P?

I really like the idea of a Glock, but I can't think of a good reason to re-learn how to point a gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomInMN said:

Does it point like a Glock, or more like an M&P?

I really like the idea of a Glock, but I can't think of a good reason to re-learn how to point a gun.

I haven't held one yet but nothing I've read says the grip angle is different than the Glock.  The circumference of the grip is smaller and re-contoured, but no angle changes from what I can tell.  Which is good for me because that's what screws me when I move between platforms.  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines