Escaped convict, West Tennessee

On Sunday, Rausch said he wouldn't answer questions about the reward money but added his agency will have conversations about it. 

I don't know what "conversations about it" they need to have, other than who is writing the check for the full amount to the Taylor's.

• Like 3
  • Moderators
On 8/10/2019 at 11:16 AM, DaveTN said:

Any of you that read my posts on crime issues know I have zero sympathy for violent offenders…none. I saw the results of these animals long enough to have a better understand of them than I would have liked.

Curtis Watson was sentenced to 15 years for especially aggravated kidnapping, and classified at that time as a violent offender. That conviction originated with an arrest on charges of aggravated rape or forcible sodomy, as well as aggravated kidnapping. It was reduced to the single charge in a plea deal.

The crimes and the charges this man was convicted of showed that he was a thug criminal that belonged locked up without access to innocent people. To allowing him to be out mowing grass and driving around on a freaking golf cart was reckless. Whoever made that decision should be held accountable.

This man would have got out of prison without being a registered sex offender. Of course now none of that matters because he raped and murdered a woman.

My brother is Warden of a prison in NC. John Q Public needs to hear his stories. Of course it still wouldn't change some people's minds about rehabilitation for everyone. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

My brother is Warden of a prison in NC. John Q Public needs to hear his stories. Of course it still wouldn't change some people's minds about rehabilitation for everyone. 

Of course not. I was surprised to see Trump go along with this “First Step” bleeding hearts, liberal BS, and parading criminals around in front of the TV cameras. I assume he thought he would get something he wanted out of it. Cory Booker and the Democrats got what they wanted; a bunch of criminals out of prison that they can take with them on the campaign trail. I doubt any of them will return the favor by supporting Trump on anything.

Here is who was released… does it appear “non-violent” to any of you?

960 for drug-related offenses.

496 for weapons/explosives-related crimes

239 for sex offenses

178 for fraud/bribery/extortion

118 for burglary/larceny

106 for robbery

59 for homicide/aggravated assault

46 for immigration-related offenses

9 for counterfeiting/embezzlement

2 for national security reasons

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

I don't know what "conversations about it" they need to have, other than who is writing the check for the full amount to the Taylor's.

Now you know why I posted what I did earlier about the rewards. These people throw big numbers out there hoping to get a bunch of help from the public but I have not heard of anyone actually recievng what has been promised. That is why I said there is a 95.9 % chance if the people would have walked up and handed him to them gift wrapped they would not see any of the reward. What they are doing now is looking at all the ways possible to not have to pay those folks anything and they deserve every dime of it!!!!

Edited by bersaguy
11 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Now you know why I posted what I did earlier about the rewards. These people throw big numbers out there hoping to get a bunch of help from the public but I have not heard of anyone actually recievng what has been promised. That is why I said there is a 95.9 % chance if the people would have walked up and handed him to them gift wrapped they would not see any of the reward. What they are doing now is looking at all the ways possible to not have to pay those folks anything and they deserve every dime of it!!!!

Yeah, I think an ambulance chaser would be all over advertising a reward and not paying it. 

Okay, it now appears that he wasn’t captured when the Taylor's called. He was captured about 7 hours later when Krystal Hurdle spotted Watson on her drive home from work and called 911. So I guess that's why the confusion on who will get the money.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Okay, it now appears that he wasn’t captured when the Taylor's called. He was captured about 7 hours later when Krystal Hurdle spotted Watson on her drive home from work and called 911. So I guess that's why the confusion on who will get the money.

So they are begging folks to call in tips if they spot him and the people with the video call it in and he is in their refrigerator looking for food and the police don't respond to that call but wait 7 hours to respond to another call from a woman on her way home from work that says she spotted him 750 feet from where the original 911 call came from and now they are trying to figure out how the beat the original folks out of all or part of the reward and coming up with another caller they did respond to. I guess the guy that was getting his fridge raided should have just shot him in the leg so he couldn't get 750 feet from their home huh? Something about that stinks in so many ways!!!!.............JMHO