Jump to content
Shorty

Where to stay in Chattanooga?

Recommended Posts

I'm planning a family trip to Chattanooga in October and it's been years since I've been out that way.  We tend to like to rent cabins/vrbo since we have small kids so they have room to play.  Is there anywhere /areas I need to avoid looking for a place to stay for a few days?  My wife found a place East of Lookout Mtn. off 58 and St. Elmo Ave.  that looks nice, but I have no idea about the area.  Anybody have any input or better suggestions?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this Rustic Log Cabin by the lake rental that is posted in the travelocity website. It's near the Andrea Heights area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 10:05 PM, Shorty said:

I'm planning a family trip to Chattanooga in October and it's been years since I've been out that way.  We tend to like to rent cabins/vrbo since we have small kids so they have room to play.  Is there anywhere /areas I need to avoid looking for a place to stay for a few days?  My wife found a place East of Lookout Mtn. off 58 and St. Elmo Ave.  that looks nice, but I have no idea about the area.  Anybody have any input or better suggestions?  

St Elmo wouldn't wouldn't be my first choice if at all. If you like cabins, find one up on the mountain or out on Chickamauga lake.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to apologize to Chattanooga, I hurriedly read this and somehow pictured Memphis in my mind. Please accept my apology.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

St Elmo wouldn't wouldn't be my first choice if at all. If you like cabins, find one up on the mountain or out on Chickamauga lake.

Bill

Does that mean it's a rough area or just that there's nicer areas to stay?  Unfortunately my wife just told me she already booked it, so I'm kinda stuck, but can prepare accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Historically, that's not the best part of town, but its been a long time since I was in that area.  It is near several of the nicer historic areas, Point Park and Chickamauga Battlefield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shorty said:

Does that mean it's a rough area or just that there's nicer areas to stay?  Unfortunately my wife just told me she already booked it, so I'm kinda stuck, but can prepare accordingly.

Not really rough per se depending on which part of St Elmo you'll be in but situational awareness is key.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shorty said:

Unfortunately my wife just told me she already booked it, so I'm kinda stuck, but can prepare accordingly.

I guess the correct answer to your question is "Wherever your wife tells you you're staying."

But at least it wasn't one of those "Whatever you want, dear." situations where there IS a right answer, and she's not telling. God, I hate those!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St. Elmo has been revitalized, which means at one point, it was devitalized.  Most of the area is OK, but it is within walking distance of not OK areas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dawgdoc said:

St. Elmo has been revitalized, which means at one point, it was devitalized.  Most of the area is OK, but it is within walking distance of not OK areas.

Good to hear, but the walking distance comment applies to basically the entire metro area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines