Jump to content
Erich

9mm 147gr suggestions please

Recommended Posts

Being a transplant from a restricted state, I only recently have used suppressors. On trying out my new Obsidian45 and Kraken9, I was let down a bit by the Speer 147gr I shot thru the Kraken.

It didn't seem any quieter than 124gr Nato though is suppose to be subsonic. I used my hearing protection (outdoor) for both.  On looking around, I've seen some comments the Speer is louder. Would like some recommendations of readily available 147 grain that y'all may have found to work best. 

I've seen reviews that Hush 165 is the gold standard, and 158gr Fiocchi is good.  They are not easy to find, so hopefully something less exotic does the trick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check out SG ammo, they have some 158. Thay also have some synthetic stuff but I haven't done my research about shooting it through a suppressor. I like Target Sport USA too, the Federal stuff isn't bad. I Just got a case of Blazer 147 and it's about the same as speer. Not much help i know. 

Temporary Sale - 1000 round case - 9mm Luger Subsonic 158 Grain FMJ IMI Ammo Made by Israel Military Industries

Temporary Sale - 1000 round case - 9mm Luger Subsonic 158 Grain FMJ IMI Ammo Made by Israel Military Industries
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, I kind of went down this route.  Ditched the 9mm and only shoot 45s now.  No regrets.  I would fine that most 9mm would be subsonic but several were supers.  I didn't like the inconsistency of it and just went 45.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Esko 270 said:

Check out SG ammo, they have some 158. Thay also have some synthetic stuff but I haven't done my research about shooting it through a suppressor. I like Target Sport USA too, the Federal stuff isn't bad. I Just got a case of Blazer 147 and it's about the same as speer. Not much help i know. 

Temporary Sale - 1000 round case - 9mm Luger Subsonic 158 Grain FMJ IMI Ammo Made by Israel Military Industries

Temporary Sale - 1000 round case - 9mm Luger Subsonic 158 Grain FMJ IMI Ammo Made by Israel Military Industries

 

Appreciate that, SG has been a go to. They had been out of the Fiocchi for a while, but see its back in. Thanks for the reminder. When I was looking, I saw a couple chrono test of the IMI, and its pretty hot and was pushing the barrier. Over at times thru a Scorpion pistol.

 

3 hours ago, my82cam said:

Eh, I kind of went down this route.  Ditched the 9mm and only shoot 45s now.  No regrets.  I would fine that most 9mm would be subsonic but several were supers.  I didn't like the inconsistency of it and just went 45.  

I can understand that. Funny thing was I walked away thinking almost the same and questioning even owning a 9mm can if ammo to make them usefull is as much or more than commercial 45. I justified it for the size, but we'll see maybe with some better ammo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an Octane 45 and love it.  I use it on my HK45 tactical, and my 9mm machine gun.  Even with supers, the 9mm is hearing safe mag dump after mag dump.  Is it as quiet? Nope.  does it do its job, yup.  Would I buy a dedicated 9mm can? Probably not, but the 45 works on so much stuff.  I even use it on my 357 SBR but only to shoot 38s.  Fun little gun.   Enjoy the 9 can, play with it, and you'll find something to make ya happy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, my82cam said:

I have an Octane 45 and love it.  I use it on my HK45 tactical, and my 9mm machine gun.  Even with supers, the 9mm is hearing safe mag dump after mag dump.  Is it as quiet? Nope.  does it do its job, yup.  Would I buy a dedicated 9mm can? Probably not, but the 45 works on so much stuff.  I even use it on my 357 SBR but only to shoot 38s.  Fun little gun.   Enjoy the 9 can, play with it, and you'll find something to make ya happy

Did I hear MG, here's one of my old guns, bowers suppressor using 9mm subsonic ammo, not sure what flavor, really not that quite, 60rd single stack mag.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, my82cam said:

Sweet!  I’ve got a Mac m10 and a colt m16, there’s just something about a sheen gun that makes you smile!

Show her off, any proud papa would have a picture in his wallet

Edited by Johnny Rotten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Show her off, any proud papa would have a picture in his wallet

So, I have the hardest time posting pictures on TGO.  I have never really figured it out, so, I just dont bother.  I have plenty of pictures in my wallet her them! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By southernasylum
      I saw this and thought it was cool. I didn't find it on here and thought some of Y'all might be interested.
      Enjoy!
      -southernasylum
      See Through Suppressor Slow Motion
    • By Flyboy
      Just got a new pistol and was told that the ATF has changed the ruling so that now you can shoulder your pistol. Here is the latest that I have found.
       
       
      atf-letter-march-21-2017.pdf
    • By m16ty
      I've been looking hard at the Lage MAX-31 mk2 upper. Anybody have any experience with them? Also anybody know of a good place to pick up Suomi drum mags at a good price?
      The M11/9 just isn't very useful as is. 

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines