Range day at MSSA

zlaine90

3 hours ago, zlaine90 said:

Took the ole lady out to the range to shoot her Christmas present! I’d say she done pretty good for a first time pistol shooter!

Couldn’t help but take my new FN 509 along for the ride. Shot surprisingly good with 115g reloads.

DFB38D9F-3F09-4CBC-91B4-8CE2CE14FC04.jpeg

68F2D9E6-8F69-4DB2-B70A-E365CF13D170.jpeg

8D1CCBFE-8940-4B23-BBA9-9A328E479F48.jpeg

1E5339DA-BFFE-4EA9-A423-5D6C51F1EFEC.jpeg

I am a member recently joined and have a question-were you shooting on the action pistol range and if so how would I also have the ability to shoot at steel.

I got qualified at 600 yesterday.  

To get AP qualified, contact the office to get the AP qualification form.  There are two ways to get qualified—1. contact one of the AP ROs listed on the qualification form and schedule a time to qualify or  2. shoot a match (Steel Challenge, USPSA, or IDPA).  Qualifying by shooting a match is much easier for the shooter and the RO. They can’t always meet you when you need them.  

• Like 1
  • Moderators
12 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

I take it FA is a no go

Actually, it is ok, but there are rules for it. 

You have to show your stamp to prove that it is legal. Then you can only shoot it at a specific bay at the 600yd range because it has the highest berm to account for folks not controlling muzzle rise. 

That reminds me, in another thread someone proposed a question regarding the Rare Breed FRT. I can confirm that if you hold the trigger firmly all the way to the rear, it will only fire once. You must lightly pull the trigger to allow the forced reset to operate and allow fast repetitive trigger pulls. 

24 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Actually, it is ok, but there are rules for it. 

You have to show your stamp to prove that it is legal. Then you can only shoot it at a specific bay at the 600yd range because it has the highest berm to account for folks not controlling muzzle rise. 

That reminds me, in another thread someone proposed a question regarding the Rare Breed FRT. I can confirm that if you hold the trigger firmly all the way to the rear, it will only fire once. You must lightly pull the trigger to allow the forced reset to operate and allow fast repetitive trigger pulls. 

Yeah their rules, not sure I'd like to show a stamp for a MG, you'd have to be a complete idiot to bring a illegal MG to a public range and shoot it..

600yrd is a good BF range....😉

12 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Yeah their rules, not sure I'd like to show a stamp for a MG, you'd have to be a complete idiot to bring a illegal MG to a public range and shoot it..

600yrd is a good BF range....😉

Private Range.  

13 hours ago, deerslayer said:

I got qualified at 600 yesterday.  

To get AP qualified, contact the office to get the AP qualification form.  There are two ways to get qualified—1. contact one of the AP ROs listed on the qualification form and schedule a time to qualify or  2. shoot a match (Steel Challenge, USPSA, or IDPA).  Qualifying by shooting a match is much easier for the shooter and the RO. They can’t always meet you when you need them.  

I still need to get qualified for 600 AND AP.   What is the qual for AP if I don't shoot a match?  

3 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

Private Range.  

I still need to get qualified for 600 AND AP.   What is the qual for AP if I don't shoot a match?  

Review and elaborate on the AP rules, then do a little shooting, which consists of a few shots of static shooting, then draw and shoot, then go over there and shoot, then draw/shoot/go over there and shoot. It’s not a marksmanship test and there is no timer.  Just demonstrate you can safely handle a gun while doing more complicated things than you would at a static range.  You’ll need a centerfire handgun, a hip holster, and maybe 30 rounds of ammo.  A mag pouch will help.