I need 1,000 rds of 9mm FMJ and 1,000 rds of .40SW FMJ... Source?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TennFarmer

Palmetto shipping is cheap. I bought 1000 rnds of 223 from them and I think shipping was $15. Cheaper than sales tax in TN

• Administrator

Regarding Wolf steel cased ammo...

I'm not entirely opposed to buying Wolf to be used at a training class where we'll be funneling anywhere from 800-1000 rds through the weapons, but how hard is this stuff on the extractors in Glocks and M&P automatics?

If it's a non issue, then I'll go the cheaper route and support our Soviet Comrades. If it beats them up like Chris Brown giving a strong backhand to Rhianna, then I'll probably skip it and hold out for some brass cased ammo.

Thoughts?

We'll be running the Glock 19 (9mm) and the M&P 40 (.40SW duh) for this class.

Wolf may not be ideal for consuming mass quantities in one session. I haven't really tried their newer polymer coated cases, but the older lacquer stuff could be a nightmare when the guns get heated up.

I still have about 5 boxes of older Wolf .45 acp (lacquered) that I'm trying to shoot up. The first couple of mag fulls run fine but once everything warms up at least 1-2 cases fte from every mag after. Gun runs fine with brass.

Maybe different gun/situtation story, it's just my experience.

I had ONE box of the Wolf .40 and made it through about 20 rounds of it. It locked my dang gun up so tight I needed a cleaning rod to shove down the barrel, and then banged the gun on a bench to get the casings out. Out of those twenty rounds, I stopped shooting on the 4th lock-up. My gun was freshly cleaned and it was a pretty new gun at that point, too. I also had the same experience with Wolf .223 in my old AR. I'm just done with the steel cased stuff. I love the Wolf 12g 00 buck, but won't shoot any of the other stuff any more. (BTW, I've NEVER has any other case, on any other gun, get stuck in a chamber... just the two times I used wolf, in two different guns)

My $.02

• Administrator

Well the hunt is over.

I bought a 1,000 round case each of Magtech 9mm and .40SW from Chris Barrett down at his new store (The Outpost). The prices were comparable to what I might have paid online plus shipping and handling, plus I didn't have to worry about maybe-maybenot getting a mail order in time for the class.

Thanks to all who replied!

• Administrator
I've shot probably 200 rounds of steel-cased 9mm (Monarch/Barnaul) through my M&P and haven't had any issues. It definitely gets dirtier quicker, but no extraction or jamming issues.

That's definitely good to know. I'm probably going to end up with another M&P soon in 9mm and will keep the Comblock ammo in mind for future purposes. Especially with the 9mm. I was a little wary of shooting their stuff in .40SW since that cartridge is already loaded to a higher case pressure to begin with.

Guest bkelm18

I think its really hit or miss with the Commie crap. I've shot probably thousands of rounds of Wolf through various guns. AR15, Sigs, XDs, and of course my AK. I have never had a problem related to the ammo. In fact, I've had more problems with brass stuff than with steel. I had a very similar experience as Musicman with my AR, except it was with Remington brass. I had to take a wooden dowel and stick it down the barrel and beat the sh*t out of it with a hammer before it popped out. Maybe God hates me. Who knows.

The only Wolf I ever had trouble with was some .40S&W that would not cycle the gun reliably. I have used a limited amount of their .45acp and it was fine. I never really thought about wear and tear from the casing before though. I use a lot of it in the M1 carbine and SKS.

I ordered Saturday night from ammotogo, it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. So they are running faster than the claim on their website. Four business days ain't bad.

I hate that the best gun shops are all so far away from here. I would rather do cash-n-carry than mail order.

Edited by Mike.357
Regarding Wolf steel cased ammo...

I'm not entirely opposed to buying Wolf to be used at a training class where we'll be funneling anywhere from 800-1000 rds through the weapons, but how hard is this stuff on the extractors in Glocks and M&P automatics?

If it's a non issue, then I'll go the cheaper route and support our Soviet Comrades. If it beats them up like Chris Brown giving a strong backhand to Rhianna, then I'll probably skip it and hold out for some brass cased ammo.

Thoughts?

We'll be running the Glock 19 (9mm) and the M&P 40 (.40SW duh) for this class.

I'm at 450 rds through my steyr/wolf acid test, and while the gun has been flawless, the ammo has not.

I've had roughly 2 or 3 "dud" rounds per box of 50 (no, not light strikes, the gun leaves a strong dimple on the primers...), and yesterday @ round 425 or so I felt an extremely weak ignition, like a .22 or BB gun... Dropped the mag, racked the slide, and noticed it was only a spent casing that ejected instead of the far too routine thus far, dead, un-ignited cartridge...? checked that the chamber was clear, locked the slide back to take a look... NO DAYLIGHT!

The poorly charged bullet stopped half way down the barrel! I had to knock it through w/ a brass dowel... Then I continued shooting, cautiously...

After so many dud rounds had I not been paying attention, I'd have ruined the gun and possibly gotten injured...

When I'm done w/ this case, I'm done w/ Wolf. Just too many defective rounds to look out for.

SO, had I been running through a fast-paced training course, I wouldn't have noticed only a casing being ejected as I did the "tap, rack, bang" drill by muscle memory, and on the next shot the gun would have gone... KA-BOOM!

forget worrying about it messing up an extractor... it could quite possibly do much worse...

Edited by CK1