Suggestions for an AR scope......

Guest johnmattwill

Guest johnmattwill

Out of money for the time being, and cant afford a EOTech..... Does anyone have a "for the time being" decent affordable suggestion to put on a DPMS AR-15 Carbine 5.56mm..????

It has the carry handle sight, but I want SOMETHING thats decent and affordable for now till I can save the money for an EOTech.......

Suggestions on something for now , thats pretty COOL???????

Thanks for the help.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
Out of money for the time being, and cant afford a EOTech..... Does anyone have a "for the time being" decent affordable suggestion to put on a DPMS AR-15 Carbine 5.56mm..????

It has the carry handle sight, but I want SOMETHING thats decent and affordable for now till I can save the money for an EOTech.......

Suggestions on something for now , thats pretty COOL???????

Thanks for the help.

Laugh if one might, but I'm getting by quite nicely for now with the $90 Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 on the ADM single piece mount. So far, its been accurate, and durable. I too am holding out for an EoTech for my Stag 2L.

Guest Astra900

Removable carry handle???

If so I have a BSA red dot you can get CHEAP.

I also have a Simmons 3-9x50 and a Tasco 3-9x40 for cheap.

Cheap is dependent on your coming to get it;)

Guest bkelm18

+1 on the Bushnell Holosight. I believe it is even made by Eotech, it just doesn't have the metal shroud like the more expensive versions. I love mine. Very accurate.

Yes

Well then; you can do anything.

I had a hard time finding a one piece scope mount that didn’t cost $150. But I found this one at the gun show at the Nashville fairgrounds. It’s made by a company in KY and I think it was $50 total. It’s solid, well made, and has worked great even though I’m shooting .308 Win.

They come in either 1†or 30mm mounts. So you can mount any scope you like. That one happens to be a Leupold VX-I 3X9.

pantherScopeMount1.jpg

If you want a Holographic sight but can’t spend the bucks for a EOTech; I have this AimShot HG-M1 on my PLR-16 right now. It certainly is not an EOtech, but its fun to play around with until I get one. I think it was around $129.00.

It really just all depends on what your application is and how much money you can spend.

PLR16-003web.jpg

PLR16-001web.jpg

Guest Linoge
Why not get one of the Millet DMS-1 scopes. $200 and you won't have to get anything else, unless you just want a reflex/holo sight.:censored:

Bloody hell... if that thing used anything except a stupid-assed expensive button cell, it would be perfect.

How is it holding up for you, and how do you have it mounted?

Bloody hell... if that thing used anything except a stupid-assed expensive button cell, it would be perfect.

How is it holding up for you, and how do you have it mounted?

I'm still waiting on the 6.8 upper so I can't say on durability, but I have a ADM Recon scope mount that I had used on my other upper. Works really well.

?filename=a9172a9866019e9fe015756313e598d7.jpg&width=239

• 1 month later...

agree with most.

Bushnell Holosight.

much cheapers, very tough, just can't drive a truck over it like the EOtech...

I have and use both, and would be very comfortable staking my life on the Bushnell...

robust, bright, accurate, easy to power (AA batts), watertight, even function when lens is cracked or broken...

and you may never need to upgrade from there... lest you are a PC and heading to the sandbox...

IMHO...