Travel through NEW YORK nightmare

chances R

This is a post from the RangeMaster forum.....fyi.....not the way it is suppose to work

Had a very close call in New York City last night. Most all of us that have flown much with guns have heard the same things…… don’t fly to or even through specifically NYC with guns.
I was flying to LA from Ohio, was supposed to connect in Dallas. That got canceled so it was either connect in JFK airport or not make it and miss the class. I thought it’s just a connection, i’m not getting my bag so let’s see what happens. I boarded the flight (American Airlines) and my seat was in the very back. Everybody’s boarded when they called my name over the loudspeaker as two agents came and told me I needed to leave the plane. As I walked off the plane I was told the TSA agents were coming to talk to me as “weapons” were found in my bag and that was a real problem. Mind you I declared my weapons in Columbus OH and signed the proper forms as I’ve done many many times without issue…… and they knew my connection was at JFK.
Long story short I am still technically a reserve/auxiliary police officer and I still have a badge…… they made it sound like they were letting me squeak by. If it wasn’t for that I would have missed my flight, been arrested and it would have cost me A LOT of money…….(I truly think it’s a racket for mainly that reason) What’s weird in my mind is how New York City seems to be so unique for this……. So many other big cities I’ve flown to or through many times with no issue…….but NYC is apparently a different animal. I had heard this before of course but now I have a first-hand account…… i’m guessing some of you guys have stories too…… but I had to put this out there.
  • Wow 1
7 hours ago, chances R said:

This is a post from the RangeMaster forum.....fyi.....not the way it is suppose to work

Had a very close call in New York City last night. Most all of us that have flown much with guns have heard the same things…… don’t fly to or even through specifically NYC with guns.
I was flying to LA from Ohio, was supposed to connect in Dallas. That got canceled so it was either connect in JFK airport or not make it and miss the class. I thought it’s just a connection, i’m not getting my bag so let’s see what happens. I boarded the flight (American Airlines) and my seat was in the very back. Everybody’s boarded when they called my name over the loudspeaker as two agents came and told me I needed to leave the plane. As I walked off the plane I was told the TSA agents were coming to talk to me as “weapons” were found in my bag and that was a real problem. Mind you I declared my weapons in Columbus OH and signed the proper forms as I’ve done many many times without issue…… and they knew my connection was at JFK.
Long story short I am still technically a reserve/auxiliary police officer and I still have a badge…… they made it sound like they were letting me squeak by. If it wasn’t for that I would have missed my flight, been arrested and it would have cost me A LOT of money…….(I truly think it’s a racket for mainly that reason) What’s weird in my mind is how New York City seems to be so unique for this……. So many other big cities I’ve flown to or through many times with no issue…….but NYC is apparently a different animal. I had heard this before of course but now I have a first-hand account…… i’m guessing some of you guys have stories too…… but I had to put this out there.

Do you have LEOSA credentials?

New York Story: Three of us are going to the range to do some shooting, pick first guy up no problem pull into last guys driveway we're loading guns and stuff into my truck.

Four, that's 4 cruisers pull up, 6 cops get out with guns drawn. We're on the ground cuffed and my truck is being ransacked.  One of the neighbors called the police evidently. My buddys wife sees this and calls her brother who happens to be a sargent  he hauls ass over, saved our bacon for sure. All our weapons were legit nothing illegal, being transported in the proper NY way, cops left told us to be more carefull not a word of apology.

That is one of the many reasons we now live in free America.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 4
20 hours ago, chances R said:

As the story says, Robert Vogel does and he believes that is what saved him a lot of trouble.  Still should not have been an issue as the firearm was not in his possession.

There’s a difference between a badge and LEOSA credentials, but not important.  I had missed that you had reposted from another forum.