Where to hunt some boar ?

Alabama, Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas......

Tennessee does have hogs, but they're not as common as people think & hunting them is tough. We're close enough that it's far more convenient to hunt them where they actually are, than try to find them where they might be. 

• Like 2

To put it in perspective: I have a friend who owns property on the plateau. It's a couple of hours drive & he does have hogs. I've killed a few up there over the years. I can spend a week on his place & maybe kill a pig. 

Or, I can drive 12 hours to east Texas, 10 to central Florida, 6 to South Georgia or 4 to central Alabama, spend a day or two there & fill my truck bed. 

• Like 3
On 2/27/2022 at 8:43 AM, Darrell said:

Is there public land in Alabama (or GA), or do you have a lease you hunt?

I usually hunt Talladega national forest, outside of Tuscaloosa. They clear cut several, 2-6 acre patches a couple of years ago & the hogs go absolutely nuts when the new growth shoots start coming up. If that's what you're wanting to do, I'd be aiming to get there within the next 5 or 6 weeks. Once the fiddleheads start, the hogs go nuts on them. I've consistently found late afternoons to be the most productive time of day.

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Handsome Rob said:

I usually hunt Talladega national forest, outside of Tuscaloosa. They clear cut several, 2-6 acre patches a couple of years ago & the hogs go absolutely nuts when the new growth shoots start coming up. If that's what you're wanting to do, I'd be aiming to get there within the next 5 or 6 weeks. Once the fiddleheads start, the hogs go nuts on them. I've consistently found late afternoons to be the most productive time of day.

Rob

So what kind of permits do you need to hunt in the National forest there?