Traveling

pop pop

I have been on a trip to Charleston S C to visit our youngest and her 2 kids. Took 4 guns to my grandson and granddaughter. Gave her a Glock 19 9MM and him a Remington 1911A1 45 ACP. Also took her a single shot 20 ga, and him my father's Remington Mdl 1148 16 Ga dad purchased in 1956. Had to go through Carolina Rod and Gun and cost son-in-law 50.00 each. I also took them an ammo can full of ammo also.

I am really thinning my collection. Have 6 more to give away to another grandson then will keep the rest until I don't need them any longer. My wife will not be troubled with what and who to give them to. Got plenty room in the old Cannon Fat Boy safe now. It is looking kinda empty. Oh well, they were good to me. Hope they will cherish them as I have. I know my father would be glad I have past his guns, in excellent condition, on to my grandsons and granddaughters.

I will be 74 the 4th of March and feel every bit of it in this cold weather. 

Got an unexpected gift from Unc Sam yesterday for compensation for Hypo-thyroidism. I applied in 2003 (denied) so they paid me back pay from that date. Thanks to some guy who sued them, and won, so they had to pay all of us. Looks real good for the kitchen remodel. May even do a bathroom now.  

Blessings just keep coming. My wife said I deserved the money because agent orange has wrecked my health in my latter years. I just say God chose to bless me in many many ways. Already told my wife to help two of my needy sister in laws. You guys know it is only given to us to give to those who may have need. Not tryin to "toot my horn" either. Have a couple widows we have been generous too also. Besides what are blessings for if not to share them. To God be the glory, and not me. "He" allows me to do it, and I am glad He gave me a giving spirit. My mother also, on many occasions, showed me I needed to help those who need it by her great example. When I was young we had a blind man who played his music on the street, in Mt Sterling KY where I lived, on Saturdays and he had a tin cup mounted on the neck of his guitar.  My mother made it a point to go by and drop change into the cup. He could tell if it was a dime, nickel, quarter, or 50 cent piece. Us kids were amazed. He always thanked her for her donation. 

Glad to be back. You guys have a blesses day.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Glad for you Pop pop!! You and a bunch of other guys deserves all that money and a whole bunch more!! I am also very glad that you give God the credit as all blessings come from Him. A big bank account stuffed with money isn't anything unless it is shared with those less fortunate. Thank you for your service brother!!