Have you ever had to use your weapon you carrY?

Guest Rem_700

Guest shadow12

I've got no dog in this Jeepmonkey thing, but I do have a problem with people trying to circumvent the law. If I have to abide by the law, and the rest of you do, then we should all abide by it.

Just for reference, TN does require that if you are a resident of this state, you will have a TN permit. You may have permits from other states, but you have to have a TN permit also.

And as far as New Hampshire goes, I pulled this straight from their website.......

Concealed handgun licenses issued by the State of New Hampshire to out-of-state residents are ONLY valid within the State of New Hampshire.

If I stopped someone with an out of state permit and a TN DL, they better have a TN permit also, or they get to take a ride. I am a firm believer that all law abiding residents of this state should be able to carry, but don't try to get around it with silly crap.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest m&pc9
I've got no dog in this Jeepmonkey thing, but I do have a problem with people trying to circumvent the law. If I have to abide by the law, and the rest of you do, then we should all abide by it.

Just for reference, TN does require that if you are a resident of this state, you will have a TN permit. You may have permits from other states, but you have to have a TN permit also.

And as far as New Hampshire goes, I pulled this straight from their website.......

Concealed handgun licenses issued by the State of New Hampshire to out-of-state residents are ONLY valid within the State of New Hampshire.

If I stopped someone with an out of state permit and a TN DL, they better have a TN permit also, or they get to take a ride. I am a firm believer that all law abiding residents of this state should be able to carry, but don't try to get around it with silly crap.

:) Thats the way it should be.

I can't believe there is this much discussion about him...but doesn't have a NC DL? He is going to school here, but he is not legally a resident.

As far as what he has or has not done...I couldn't really care less.

I can't believe there is this much discussion about him...but doesn't have a NC DL? He is going to school here, but he is not legally a resident.

As far as what he has or has not done...I couldn't really care less.

Interesting point; a motorist under the age of 21 with a NC drivers license and a New Hampshire handgun permit with a loaded handgun on a Tennessee roadway.

I'd say that would also get you a ride.

On Topic: Nope.

Interesting point; a motorist under the age of 21 with a NC drivers license and a New Hampshire handgun permit with a loaded handgun on a Tennessee roadway.

My head is starting to hurt... and I feel a might dizzy. I think I need to sit down... this is far to complex for me to grasp. I need a flow chart, maybe a powerpoint with some mind numbing clipart.

I'd say that would also get you a ride.

On Topic: Nope.

LOL...interesting as well. But I think he dose have a NC permit, doesn't he? But anyway...lol

Off topic on both accounts. Wonder how much TN LEOs know and/or have had to deal with non-resident permits?

No. Have to be 21 to get NC permit.

Claims to have NH and some other state, I forget which one.

- OS

Wait... So, he has a NH non-resident permit? Is the other permit a non-resident permit as well? To my knowledge it's impossible to obtain a non-resident permit w/o a permit from your home state...

Wait... So, he has a NH non-resident permit? Is the other permit a non-resident permit as well? ...

Correct.

This from his very first post:

"I have non-resident CCP's from both Maine and New Hampshire and I recently had a City of Knoxville police officer tell me that, even though I have two CCP's, I cannot legally carry in the state of TN because I am not yet 21...."

...To my knowledge it's impossible to obtain a non-resident permit w/o a permit from your home state...

Dunno what exactly you base that on.

Each state has its own rules.

Utah is probably most popular non-rez issuer; I see nothing about a "home state permit" requirement there.

Not positive, but I think even TN will give a non-rez permit to those who work a certain amount here, regardless of their home state permit status.

- OS

Dunno what exactly you base that on.

Each state has its own rules.

Utah is probably most popular non-rez issuer; I see nothing about a "home state permit" requirement there.

- OS

I just found the NH Non-Res App

From the app:

A non-resident pistol permit will not be issued unless you supply:

1) A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry permit issued by the state, county, or town in which you

reside, or a valid concealed permit issued by any other state.

Not to say they're might not be a way around this.

Guest archerdr1

I think the easiest way for him to fix this whole thread is for him to just come out and say "guys, I am sorry. I admit that I made all of these stories up. I was trying to fit in and I lied. Please forgive me and from now on I will only tell the truth, not some fabricated story or a story that I got from a movie/tv show." That, for me, would fix a whole lot here.

Not positive, but I think even TN will give a non-rez permit to those who work a certain amount here, regardless of their home state permit status.

- OS

That is correct, even though you live in another state, if you work for 30 hours a week or more, for 6 months ore more in TN, you can apply for TN carry permit.

I just found the NH Non-Res App

From the app:

A non-resident pistol permit will not be issued unless you supply:

1) A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry permit issued by the state, county, or town in which you

reside, or a valid concealed permit issued by any other state.

Not to say they're might not be a way around this.

Not all are like that....you see a list of all states that issue non-resident permits and the requirments here

Guest JHatmaker
I think the easiest way for him to fix this whole thread is for him to just come out and say "guys, I am sorry. I admit that I made all of these stories up. I was trying to fit in and I lied. Please forgive me and from now on I will only tell the truth, not some fabricated story or a story that I got from a movie/tv show." That, for me, would fix a whole lot here.

I don't think that's gonna happen, but we'll see :)

Guest Gun Geek
My carry weapon is just like my seatbelt. Thankfully, I've never needed it, but I put it on every time I leave home, just because if I ever do need it, I want it to be there.

Just my two cents, but in my experience talking with some friends who are in law enforcement and the military, those who have 'been there and done that' generally don't care to bring it up or relive moments that they thought they would die. I figure the same would apply to 'civilians' who carry handguns. Your mileage may vary.

+1

. My father, who was a very humble man, became very sad, and avoided any eye contact with me, refusing to talk about the photos. I suppose you can tell a real vet from a wannabe by the sadness reflected in a person's eyes when reliving a life changing moment. There is no honor in causing harm or death to another, even in war. Defending freedom and family is a just cause, but the consequences can be long lasting, even if lethal force if justified.

This is very true, you can always tell face to face. I asked my father who was a Vietnam vet the same question when I was a kid. The answer I got was " never ask that question to me or any veteran ever again"

I thought he would at least stick around to pull the "I dont have to prove anything to you because I'm awesome" response...

I really thought his responses to the question might have outdone a certain thread pertaining to a faux SF/Recon veteran w/ an internet gunsmith's certificate...

Hey nothing wrong with SF/Recon Vet w an internet gunsmith cert... I wasnt SF, we were so classified we didnt have a name :)

And you really can get a gunsmith cert online for $109.95 if you act now, why pay more to go to a real school when you can just pay for the certificate, take my class, take the test and you will be a certified gunsmith. *this offer is not real these certificates do not exist, we are not liable for any damages caused due to online gunsmiths, gunsmiths should have hands on expierience, online classes do not alow this, void where prohibited, strongly advised against but we charge you for them anyway. Also side effects may include burning, itching, oozing, wheeping and should not be given to those with nervous disorders.

Guest clownsdd

Pulled it 3 times, 2..situation defused, 1..shot twice. pm me if you want details. Not going into it here.

Non left me with a good feeling, just glad I had it.

The way I understand it, whatever state you are in you have to follow the laws of that state. So it doesn't matter if he has permits from 30 different states. Tn law says you have to be 21.

Yes TN law says they will only issue permits to residents 21 and older, and that you have to have a permit to be able to carry

..but, TN law also says they honor all other states permits and doesn't make a distinction about age, but does other things like that is it good for the carry of handguns only and not other weapons or other whatever else the permit may allow in the home state. So since they did place restriction on out of state permits, you would think that if they intended age to be one, they would have included it.

Of course since this is out of state residents normally wouldn't be staying in TN for a long period of tiem.

The way I understand it, whatever state you are in you have to follow the laws of that state. So it doesn't matter if he has permits from 30 different states. Tn law says you have to be 21.

See FallGuy's followup...

TN law says you have to be 21 to get a TN HCP, that's all.

You can already carry in TN under 21 in certain circumstances with no permit at all.

- OS

Guest Bronker
Meh,this conversation is still going on!?

Figured it would have been nipped in the bud when the monkey left!

OK...who spanked my monkey?!

And which way did he go?!

Guest MidTNShooter

Yes, I have. Let me tell you all about my guardian Angel that watches over me. The national statistics say that one out of four citizens will be held up some time in their lives.

My first time, I was at Jefferson Davis Park, while still living in Memphis, watching a sold out concert on Mud Island. There was about five to six of us sitting on a prk bench listening to the music and the guy came up to each of us asking for a rolling paper. We each told him to go away that we didn't get high. He left and came back with about ten guys (the story used to involve twenty guys when I was younger) weilding knives and bats. I said a prayer and this biker with long white hair came through the park on his Harley. He pulled out this steal conduit water pipe and approach the guys and told them that if they wanted some fun........ he was there for them. Thank you, Jesus for being there for us. Prayers are answered.

I didn't have my pistol then.

Second time, again in Memphis at the Mapco across the street from Sun Studio on Union. I called the guy who held out his knife in a stern voice, "DON'T F*CK WITH ME, I'M A POLICE OFFICER AND I WILL TAKE YOU PERSONALLY TO JAIL". He left me alone and ........... details go forward, but not necessary.

I didn't have my pistol then.....again !

Third time was recently.

I was heading home and two guys raced up in beside me on the highway, turned in front of me and slammed on the brakes. I honked my horn and they both held out the finger. I didn't want any trouble so I got in the middle lane from the left (speed) lane and progressed to pass them. They tried on two occassions to side swipe me. I pulled off to a truck stop so I had some public witnesses. They followed me in and blocked me in (my mistake). The driver started to climb out of his vehicle with a Buck Knife in his left hand and using his right hand to reach out and over the exterior door handle to open the door. The whole time he was showing his knife. My left arm was on the door seal (you know when you drive with the window down). He started out of his vehicle ready to stop my life.

I then pulled my weapon and placed the business end under my left arm where only the muzzle was sticking out. All I heard was......OH SH*T !!!!!! And then they sped off.

This time, I had my pistol !

I am not a LEO, so I am not used to pulling my pistol. I was shaking about as much as when I start and finish my USPSA/IPSC course !.

Take Care All,

MTS

• 2 weeks later...
The national statistics say that one out of four citizens will be held up some time in their lives.
Do you have the source on that? I would like to check it out.

Really.

That's probably the stats for Chicago, Detroit, and Memphis.

- OS

No offense taken on my part, but as an earlier post mentioned, if you lived it you probably don't want to re-live it. That is very true. I remember when I was a youngster, and was looking at my Father's WW2 photos, and I asked questions. My father, who was a very humble man, became very sad, and avoided any eye contact with me, refusing to talk about the photos. I suppose you can tell a real vet from a wannabe by the sadness reflected in a person's eyes when reliving a life changing moment. There is no honor in causing harm or death to another, even in war. Defending freedom and family is a just cause, but the consequences can be long lasting, even if lethal force if justified.

It is truly a different world that we live in, different from the world I lived in as a child. Nothing is held sacred anymore. And if nothing is sacred, anything goes.

I asked my grandfather about his time in Korea once when I was about 12 or 13. He reacted the same way. A few years ago, I learned what he went through over there. I remember it was very odd seeing him withdraw so quickly and get so quiet.

On topic.

Drawn and fired twice. Both deer that had been hit on the road.

Clipped one in my truck and shot it to put it out of it's misery. I live out in the county so no public discharge laws.

Second I was a few cars behind someone when they hit one. Same deal.

No people fortunately. I'd like to keep it that way.

-Mike