Have you ever had to use your weapon you carrY?

Guest Rem_700

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea but its a fed law that you have to 21 to buy a handgun. I think a minor can be given a handgun by a perent but i dont see a state issuing a handgun carry permit to someone under 21?

-Jason G

I believe that is incorrect. “Federal Law†requires that you be 21 to purchase from an FFL. Private intrastate sales are bound by state law. I believe Tennessee allows purchase at 18; and 21 for an HCP.

Ok just to get this straight, Jeepmonkey has permits from 3 states that he dosent live in and dosent intend to live in? Are you doing this just to get around the age law? How can you carry in TN or NC if you are not 21? It would be a bitch to try to explain why you are 19 and carrying a gun in TN with 3 out of state carry permits? Trouble waiting to happen.

-Jason G

Rightwinger, that wasnt nice, i have like many a semi rare gun and when somebody asks about that model, i will them my experiences but when they asked for pictures, no luck since i never learned how to post pictures and really dont even want to! Does that mean, that i dont have said gun?

Look, I have followed and participated in his threads or his posts to others threads and its just becoming unbelievable. He can answer my questions or not as he likes. I am not the only one who has questioned the veracity of his posts and I have forwarded my concerns to the mods.

I believe that is incorrect. “Federal Law†requires that you be 21 to purchase from an FFL. Private intrastate sales are bound by state law. I believe Tennessee allows purchase at 18; and 21 for an HCP.

Yea i was talking about buying from an FFL. Gun shows and individual transactions are a different story.

-Jason G

Ok just to get this straight, Jeepmonkey has permits from 3 states that he dosent live in and dosent intend to live in? Are you doing this just to get around the age law? How can you carry in TN or NC if you are not 21? It would be a bitch to try to explain why you are 19 and carrying a gun in TN with 3 out of state carry permits? Trouble waiting to happen.

-Jason G

We have been through this with him before. You are correct. The intent of the Tennessee law is that you can’t carry until you are 21. Some here (as always :rofl:) believe that he has found a loop hole that will allow him to carry. My own opinion is that he will spend a bunch on money on lawyers and still be convicted…. But hey… let him do it…. Then we will have case law. :D

I am not a permit holder nor have I ever been in a situation where I felt one was needed,however I have a family member who does have one and has used it. Some stupid kid pulled an empty gun and ended his life right there, changed the lives of people on both sides of the gun.

Edited by Jack
add member after family

I have never had to fire my weapon in self defense...thank god. I have drawn it once and the bg changed his mind and walked off. I called the local PD and filed a report just to be cover my a**. My hands shook for three hours.

What City/St would that be in Jeep Monkey? I suppose it would have to be in the last 2 or 3 years as well correct? There will be a record of it by LEO and probably in the local papers so we can verify.

Otherwise I call BS on this. Only Jack Bower lives a more eventful life.

EDIT

I say send the DETAILs to Mr. Stegall, our resident lawyer, that way you may remain "anonymous" but I'm tired of it getting higher and deeper. If your details are already public record "back home" then lead us to the newspaper online article that has it.

Then and only then will I believe the veracity of what you claim.

lol and i thought i was king of calling people out. ROFL.

*I agree with rightwinger though.

Edited by Daniel
added last line.
  • Administrator
Look, I have followed and participated in his threads or his posts to others threads and its just becoming unbelievable. He can answer my questions or not as he likes. I am not the only one who has questioned the veracity of his posts and I have forwarded my concerns to the mods.

For what it's worth, I've wondered about his age and have noticed the stories as well.

I have never had to fire my weapon in self defense...thank god. I have drawn it once and the bg changed his mind and walked off. I called the local PD and filed a report just to be cover my a**. My hands shook for three hours.

I think that is the way it is for most folks. (Well except for jack Bauer; he’s use to it)

That is why I smile whenever I see someone saying that “Shot placement†is more important than caliber selection. :rofl:

Guest KWW67
For what it's worth, I've wondered about his age and have noticed the stories as well.

As my self. Especially when he posted pictures of "his" two jeeps

and they were clearly at a car lot. Brand new jeeps complete with paper floor mats and car lot tag hanging on the key ring. Maybe they are his, just saying............

Guest bkelm18

Not to derail this topic any further, but shouldn't "dogging" a member be done in private or perhaps in its own thread? I'm sure I'll be jumped on by some folks for sayin it but it seems pretty bad taste to me to derail a topic into bashing someone over something that may or may not be true. He hasn't provided any evidence to support his claims but I suppose he really doesn't have to. Its the internet folks, take a :screwy:.

This is a little deeper than just calling BS on your big deer story cause you didn't post a pic.

He has stated he is 19, a HCP or CCW permit holder from other states, has been involved in a shooting in a home defense situation and also has a g/f that may be stalking him or his family plus several other threads of "questions" that just make me think there is more under the surface here than a kid at UT who is a firearms enthusiast.

I did not call him out for thrills or giggles and had been in touch with mods long before today.

I did not call him out for thrills or giggles and had been in touch with mods long before today.

Why would the mods care?

Maybe I’m missing something here…. Who do you think this guy is that anyone would care? :screwy:

No...never have drawn my weapon....once or twice I have reached into my pocket and grabbed the grip, but that is about it.

To go along with others...my dad always told me you don't draw a gun to scare someone, you draw it to shoot it.

As far as a carry by someone <21 in TN...I believe they can as long as they have a valid permit from another state and are not a resident of TN. If they are a resident of TN, they would have to get a TN permit, which they can't get till they are 21. As far as sales to those <21 seems like that has been worked out already.

Guest archerdr1

sort of on the same thread as that, I was noticing that in Seattle they do not honor ours, (if anyone can explain why I would love to know) but they do honor Utah's. If I get a Utah non-res. permit, would I then be able to carry in those places that Utah has reciprocity with that TN does not?

sort of on the same thread as that, I was noticing that in Seattle they do not honor ours, (if anyone can explain why I would love to know) but they do honor Utah's. If I get a Utah non-res. permit, would I then be able to carry in those places that Utah has reciprocity with that TN does not?

According to the letter I got from State of Washington AG when I asked him the same thing, it is because TN does not have a statutorily required mental health history check.

Yes there is are certain mental health requirements in TN code, but there is not mental history check done by the state...and apparently WA requires that to honor other state's permits.

As far as getting a Utah permit, the short answer is, Yes, for the most part. Some states only honor a permit from the state you are a resident of, but from what I can find it does not appear WA is one of those states.

Guest archerdr1

cool, I may just have to get one then... I have a brother out there on the LEFT coast in Seattle... it is amazing how lax their laws are with as left as they are