Wal-Mart & Ammo/Guns

Guest nraforlife

Guest nraforlife

The Wal-Mart in Turkey Creek, Knoxville TN really sucks when it comes to ammo and firearms. No .45 a few boxes of .40 no .38 or .357. No firearm display that I saw at all, is this BS store by store or Wal-Mart in general?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All guns went poof at the Walmarts around chatt. tn. about 2 yrs. ago, i asked about it and they said they were trying to make it easier for stores due to paperwork etc. and only sold guns in this area (chatt.) at the Ft. Oglethorpe and the other was i think in Cleveland. But in the last yrs. all their gun related items seem to get less and less!

Many Wal-Marts quit carrying fireams, and all Wal-Marts (along with just about anyone that sells ammo) have been running low on ammo.

Speaking of ammo, Academy in Rivergate has (as of 45 minutes ago) has tons of 9mm and .45 ammo. Looked like they had just about everything other than the darn 10mm that I'm looking for. Oh, and not a single box of 12 guage slugs.

Since Obama took office some people have ben scared that he is going to put a high tax on ammo and they have buying all they can afford when Wal Mart gets any ammo in stock, so it does not last long.

Oh no!

Thats the first Ive heard of it! Do continue!

Both the Halls and East Towne Wal-Mart still have long guns on display for sale. They both have ammo, although it is in 'short supply' due to the run on ammo right now.

I would imagine (IMHO) that the 'upper crust' has decided to buy their guns at Gander Mtn rather than Wal-Mart.

It's still shocking to know that 2 years ago I was buying 100rd boxes of Winchester White Box 9mm target for 9.96, now it's 19.96 (when you can find it).

Guest mn32768
The Wal-Mart in Turkey Creek, Knoxville TN really sucks when it comes to ammo and firearms. No .45 a few boxes of .40 no .38 or .357. No firearm display that I saw at all, is this BS store by store or Wal-Mart in general?

The Clinton Highway Wally World has long guns for sale but pretty slim pickings on hangun ammo. Btw., the latest Gander Mountain circular has four pages of ammo for sale, pretty much Wal-Mart prices lately, which may be the reason why Turkey Creek Wal-Mart doesn't carry ammo or firearms.

i talked with the chattanooga east gate store sporting goods man and he told me that they could not sale guns when they were in the inter city area. they could only sale ammo. he said that the ammo was on order but they could not get any in. he did not know why. i was down in pennville georgia today and stopped in the local wal mart. no ammo to be found. a lady told me they have been out of ammo for months. well after the election that is.

... which may be the reason why Turkey Creek Wal-Mart doesn't carry ammo or firearms.

Turkey Creek WalMart DOES indeed carry ammo.

Just like all the other Wallies, if you're there shortly after stocking, you can score.

I bought 1000 rounds of 9mm Blazer there about a month ago, yet have been there twice since and found NO 9mm (or .38, or .22 in bulk, or 00 buck, or ...)

- OS

i talked with the chattanooga east gate store sporting goods man and he told me that they could not sale guns when they were in the inter city area. they could only sale ammo. he said that the ammo was on order but they could not get any in. he did not know why. i was down in pennville georgia today and stopped in the local wal mart. no ammo to be found. a lady told me they have been out of ammo for months. well after the election that is.

That Brainerd Walmart is my go to Walmart for ammo, there was quite a bit of ammo there two weeks ago:shhh: