Vigal held in Oakland LEO shooting...for the shooter???

dunndw

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you know its OK for an Islamic extremist to kill ,rape and pillage the infidel. Then they call him a soldier and hes misunderstood, poor baby. Just from the verbage in the article you have to believe this guy was jihadist. :cool:

• Administrator

"I don't condone what he did, but it's bringing to light the frustrations between the community and the police," said Uhuru Movement member Kihad Deen. "This gives people a chance to speak their minds."

... So basically this idiot is condoning what he did. Ah, the joys of relativism.

Guest GUTTERbOY

Sounds like a good thing to me.

After all, it's easier to efficiently kill people when they gather in large groups. Tactical air strike anyone?

:drama:

Guest justme
Yep, very sad. IMHO it will get much worse. Some folks have no respect for laws, too willing to play the victim.

oldogy

you can only push people so far, sooner or later, if you push enough--the people will push back.

Now as for what happened--I feel for the families left behind, but the real criminals in all of this are the courts who refuse to issue justice and instead will put people in jail for life simply because they stole a stupid slice of pizza--calling them "habitual offenders" due to the stupid and asinine "3 strikes and your out law". While Mixon pulled the trigger--the judges and the courts were just as responsible, because they put people in jail who don't need to be there, keeping people on death row for upteen years before finally executing them, and turning people out on the streets who need to be locked up.

Edited by justme
...While Mixon pulled the trigger--the judges and the courts were just as responsible...
The absurdity of that statement is astounding, and yet quite reflective of the attitude within most minority communities. The concept of personal responsibility is dying, and with it, our nation, our values, and our way of life.
Guest justme
The absurdity of that statement is astounding, and yet quite reflective of the attitude within most minority communities. The concept of personal responsibility is dying, and with it, our nation, our values, and our way of life.

Absurd? There is nothing absurd about it.

The justice system bears responsibility as well.

Our values? Our values got tossed out the door when political correctness came into vogue. Our nation? Our nation is on its last legs as we are overrun by illegal aliens who demand "their rights", as we are over run by liberals who are unwilling to take a stand for anything and who want to make us into another feel good "Europe" where we have NO rights except to breathe and pay taxes....

Our way of life? Look around--our way of life has been destroyed by greed, and the attitude that everyone wants something for nothing. AIG execs are paid more than a school teacher...a baseball player makes more than a firefighter, or a coal miner....our "elected officials" sell out this nation and turn their collective backs on the soldiers, marines, airmen and sailors who fight to defend this nation, so that they can continue to sell us out.

The courts are responsible for issuing "justice"...what justice is it when a death row inmate--a vicious killer who murders in cold blood can sit in prison for 20+yrs and still not be executed while they continue appealing? Where is the justice in sending a man to jail for life for stealing a slice of pizza? Where is the justice anymore? The entire "justice system" bears responsibility. Yes Mixon pulled the trigger...but had he been in jail to begin with he would not have been able to.

Absurd? Hardly.

Edited by justme
Absurd? There is nothing absurd about it.

The justice system bears responsibility as well.

No, it does not. Is the justice system flawed--even broken? Yes. Is the OPD corrupt? Quite possibly. Do either of these things have anything to do with the decision made by a 26-year-old man to fire on officers during a traffic stop because he knew that his parole was probably about to be violated? Absolutely not.

It's not about oppression. It's not about subjugation. It's about malice, cowardice, and irresponsibility--plain and simple. It doesn't matter how bad your circumstances are. We are all given the gift of free will, and our lives are nothing more than a series of choices.

Guest justme
No, it does not. Is the justice system flawed--even broken? Yes. Is the OPD corrupt? Quite possibly. Do either of these things have anything to do with the decision made by a 26-year-old man to fire on officers during a traffic stop because he knew that his parole was probably about to be violated? Absolutely not.

The justice system is broken, and has been for a long time. People worry more about the rights of the criminal and the needs of a criminal than they do the needs of the public and of the victims. If the justice system released a man that they knew was a violent felon, who had made absolutely no attempt to rehabilitate himself, or to learn a skill in prison OTHER than how to be a better, more violent criminal, and that justice system then turned this violent felon loose on the streets to prey on the people--yes, under those conditions the justice system does bear responsibility as well.

It's not about oppression. It's not about subjugation. It's about malice, cowardice, and irresponsibility--plain and simple. It doesn't matter how bad your circumstances are. We are all given the gift of free will, and our lives are nothing more than a series of choices.

You're right, this particular case is not about oppression or subjugation--it is about one person's interest in not returning to prison. I made the statement that when a person feels they have been pushed enough they will push back--this is a common thing, it is borne out by enough examples and is evident in our history. This particular individual felt that he had nothing to lose, and a person in that condition is truly dangerous.

And yes, I too feel that the OPD is most likely a corrupt organization, and that our justice system is broken. On that I can agree 100%.

Guest justme

:bored:

I have to wonder what values as far as the nation as a whole goes you were referring too. look around you, the US as a country is a cesspool of anything and everything goes.. the US has become in large part anti God and anti moral..

the concept of personal responsibility for a lot of people died when the government decided to subsidize laziness. and when people decided to buy stuff they couldn't afford to pay for and live way beyond their means

what do you find so absurd about someone believing the judges and courts bear their share of responsibility in the death of those officers? they are as much to blame if not more than the shooter!

if they had carried out their responsibility the man, since he was a known criminal would have been behind bars at the time and not walking our streets..

problem is our laws are not enforced as they should be. they allow a rotating door. a lot of times these people are back out on the streets before the ink on the arrest reports are dry.

there will soon be, if they are not already, more criminals walking the streets in California and other states because they don't have the money to keep them in jail.. our jails and prisons are bursting at the seams so they are setting more criminals free to prey on the people.

if they would enforce the laws for those sitting on death row that would clear up a lot of space in the prison system... instead they let them sit there for a hundred years studying law so they can sue us because they are in jail and we pay for their upkeep while they do that.

those found guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt of willfully committing a heinous crime should be dealt with swiftly and precisely...notice I said "beyond a shadow of a doubt" not someone who's been set up by the police because they want to mark the case closed..

by saying the judges and courts bear their share of blame in all this I am in no way excusing the man who shot them..if he had not have been killed himself he should have been hung for what he did. In no way is he a hero…hes a murderer and caused a lot of grief for many people..

You’re right though there are no pills that will cure stupid…if there were most people in the US should take some of them starting with all those so called leaders sitting behind our political doors…but I don’t reckon anyone who says our justice system is broken down and our courts and judges are a big part of the reason because they are not doing what they were sworn to do needs one….

If you want to talk about something really Absurd then try talking about these gun grabbers who are pushing laws to disarm the law abiding citizens while putting more criminals on the streets with access to those guns they want to keep the citizens from having,.. yet they themselves walk around surrounded by armed bodyguards daily…they are hiding behind those very guns they want to keep the law abiding citizens from having1 now that is really absurd!!!

The justice system is broken, and has been for a long time. People worry more about the rights of the criminal and the needs of a criminal than they do the needs of the public and of the victims. If the justice system released a man that they knew was a violent felon, who had made absolutely no attempt to rehabilitate himself, or to learn a skill in prison OTHER than how to be a better, more violent criminal, and that justice system then turned this violent felon loose on the streets to prey on the people--yes, under those conditions the justice system does bear responsibility as well.
what do you find so absurd about someone believing the judges and courts bear their share of responsibility in the death of those officers? they are as much to blame if not more than the shooter!

You'll both get no argument from me on almost every point you've made, but do you honestly not see the irony inherent in your positions? By blaming the courts, the government, or anyone else for the heinous crimes that this man committed, aren't you doing EXACTLY what the miscreants at this "rally" have done? You've taken at least some of the responsibility off of this man's shoulders and laid it squarely at the feet of nameless and faceless entities. Does it piss me off when a criminal is paroled only to offend again? You're gosh darn right it does. Still, Big Brother can't be everywhere (nor should any of us want them to be), and at some point an individual--and the community that supports him--must accept responsibility on a personal level and make better choices. I, for one, am not looking to my government to protect me.

Guest justme
I think we need to send in Snake Plissken and then make southern Kali a prison colony...... or missile test range!:bored:

make the communist state of California a prison colony? Not such a hot idea I don't think. A missile test range would spoil the 2000 yr old giant redwoods...

how about this...we take all of the violent offenders, put them on aircraft bound for Iraq, put a few of the jihadi pilots currently at Gitmo on the plane and tell them they are free as long as they agree to fly the felons out...and then as soon as the aircraft are out over the ocean, while they are still in US airspace...the US Airforce or Navy shoots them down....wham--right there we solve prison overcrowding, get rid of our violent offender problems, including murders, child rapists, drug dealers, the whole shebang, plus we rid ourselves of a few jihadi pilots to boot...

make the communist state of California a prison colony? Not such a hot idea I don't think. A missile test range would spoil the 2000 yr old giant redwoods...

how about this...we take all of the violent offenders, put them on aircraft bound for Iraq, put a few of the jihadi pilots currently at Gitmo on the plane and tell them they are free as long as they agree to fly the felons out...and then as soon as the aircraft are out over the ocean, while they are still in US airspace...the US Airforce or Navy shoots them down....wham--right there we solve prison overcrowding, get rid of our violent offender problems, including murders, child rapists, drug dealers, the whole shebang, plus we rid ourselves of a few jihadi pilots to boot...

That's why I said southern. The only good things in Kali are in the north.... minus Sacramento and San Fran.

Guest justme
You'll both get no argument from me on almost every point you've made, but do you honestly not see the irony inherent in your positions? By blaming the courts, the government, or anyone else for the heinous crimes that this man committed, aren't you doing EXACTLY what the miscreants at this "rally" have done? You've taken at least some of the responsibility off of this man's shoulders and laid it squarely at the feet of nameless and faceless entities. Does it piss me off when a criminal is paroled only to offend again? You're gosh darn right it does. Still, Big Brother can't be everywhere (nor should any of us want them to be), and at some point an individual--and the community that supports him--must accept responsibility on a personal level and make better choices. I, for one, am not looking to my government to protect me.

No I understand what you are saying--and absolutely, it is up to individuals to take responsibility for their actions. Absolutely I am against giving the government any more power or authority, and think we seriously need to decrease the level of authority that they already have.

I absolutely do not think the government can protect us, nor do I want it to. However, I also absolutely believe that it is up to the justice system to do its part as well--which means execute justice, but also show mercy when warranted. If the justice system had done its part by keeping a known, violent felon off the streets, the police would not have been killed. I'm not taking the onus off of the felon--he pulled the trigger, but the justice system had part and parcel in that as well.

A further tragedy compounding what happened in California is the fact that their deaths will be used as a rallying cry for more gun control...and guns are not the issue--the criminals are.

Guest justme

;)

point is the courts in the place and state where these officers were killed KNEW this man was a violent criminal! jail is where he should have been the day he killed the officers...he pulled the trigger but had the justice system worked like it should have he would not have been out on the street to begin with...I thought judges were supposed to be helping protect society from such criminals...the fact the people in charge were grossly negligent in their duty to the public does not lessen the guilt borne by the man who shot them...but those in charge of our court system bear their share as well.