How many open carrys??

Guest Rem_700

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest marine77
Why attract the extra attention and possibly have the police involved? Remember if someone who is incompetent about firearms sees you with a gun, he or she may freak and call the cops on you. You may have a handgun carry permit issued to you, but that does not prevent the the cops from harassing you if they responded to a call. That will take away your valuable time. In my opinion, i would keep it concealed. No one needs to know that i am packing but me and of course a law enforcement officer if he or she ask to see my permit. Also, think about how beneficial the element of surprise would be if you needed to use your firearm.

Then you have the other side of the coin, when a person i oc'ing, you are

letting others know that you will take care of business, that you will not

be led to a slaughter by them, and that they will also have to do a little

ducking and sliding around while they are shooting too. Yes, i oc and have

been doing it everyday, everywhere i go legally.

Guest jdavis

I dont think personally that the op was talking about complete open carrying i carry a glock 22 in an owb holster at about 4 o'clock with a cover shirt and no one has ever even noticed it. i dont consider myself to be open carrying it conceals pretty well, or it has so far anyway. i think he was just refering to the owb holster.

Guest Rem_700
I dont think personally that the op was talking about complete open carrying i carry a glock 22 in an owb holster at about 4 o'clock with a cover shirt and no one has ever even noticed it. i dont consider myself to be open carrying it conceals pretty well, or it has so far anyway. i think he was just refering to the owb holster.

Thanks you Jdavis!I wasn't meaning like wearing a john wayne cowboy holster! The holster I have is hardly seen with the shirts I wear,it almost completely covers it.

Why would you carry open if you don't have to?:D You throw away a huge advantage.

Respectfully, there are advantages (and disavantages) to open carry and concealed carry. It is up to the individual as to how they weigh those advantages and disavantages.

Personally, I have chosen to place more emphasis on deterance than surprise; to place less emphasis on "scaring the sheeple" than comfort and ease of access.

Again, it is an individual decision.

typically, I stay concealed, but this week I did oc b/c I was going to a rehearsal in GA and we had to have it in the school and I got off of work and didn't bother untucking my shirt since I would have to disarm when I got where I was going. I had to stop at the Walgreens to return a movie and a lady saw me. It was kinda funny. She looked at me, then turned her car around, got on her cell phone and followed me through east ridge. I don't know if she was calling the cops, but I figured she was. never got stopped though.

If she got your liscense plate and called it in and if the plate is registered to you, your HCP will also show and they will more than likley ignore the call unless you're waving the gun around causing a disturbance. The cops have better things to worry about then a lady who saw a gun in a holster when the info comes back that you are legal to carry...

why even put yourself in a situation where police have to "flank" you...???? You find your azz is one sneeze away from getting splattered!

I never open carry, its always out of sight.

The LEO's were polite and tactfull about it all, as was I. There never was a questionable action by either party. The LEO's were just useing thier training "in case" I happened to start "trouble". Their action of "flanking" me was actually expected and not surprising considering I would do the same with my partner, if I was a LEO, in the exact situation. As a LEO, I'm sure they never know how stupid people will be or what they are willing to do but after years of watching the TV show "COPS" everyone has an idea. :D

Like I said, no issues with what they did. I agree I should have at least put on an over shirt or light jacket and I wouldn't have be in that situation.

Edited by kwe45919
Thanks you Jdavis!I wasn't meaning like wearing a john wayne cowboy holster! The holster I have is hardly seen with the shirts I wear,it almost completely covers it.

Look, if you're not wearing a thigh rig - you aren't carrying!:D

Guest m&pc9

I always carry concealed

I dont have a problem with OC, Its your choice.

I dont OC because, I dont like to tip my hand till the the last card.

And if you are standing in line at the bank or store and a robber comes in with a gun who is going to get the first shot. And you cant outdraw a gun thats pointing at you. Yes they might think your LEO (if they see you go in) and wait for you to leave.

Also if you are walking around the mall and they see your weapon, most likely they are seeing dollar signs. They walk up behind you and put a bullet in the back of your head. And they walk off with your gun.

IMHO If they dont know about it they are not going to be prepared for it. I see LEO lose their weapons on the Caught on Cameras tv shows. And they have training to help them keep their guns. So in my mind If a bg wants your gun he will find a way to get it.:D

Guest kingtone

Brought to you by the search button.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8505&highlight=open+carry

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186&highlight=open+carry

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10775&highlight=open+conceal+carry

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11238&highlight=open+conceal+carry

might help ya

EDIT: now i obviously offended one person by posting this... interesting.. i was only trying to help the discussion. there is so much info already on here that is really helpful.

Now perhaps i wont be called a fag in a private message by some paranoid member

Edited by kingtone
i should post what he sent to me privately ... sheesh.. was only trying to help!

;)

I don't think so...that is why they are called Private messages.

In Rem_700's defense he was catching quite a bit of flack for simply asking a question. Yes...it has been discussed before, but he is not the first or last person to post a new thread on what may be an old topic to others.

The admin has pretty much said he doesn't have a problem with new threads being started on repeat subjects.....so if he doesn't....I don't think any of the rest of us should. :)

Guest kingtone

and again.. i was trying to help.

i did not make any smart ass remarks in my message.. or any personal attacks.

being called a fag for helping... ?? :-\

...and he shouldn't have publicly for sure. But he did edit his post on his own. Now your post are the only ones that are talking about it.

As far as what is sent via PM if he or you have a problem you can PM me, the admin or any other mod.

Since we have been talking about the search feature...remember...there is also the ignore feature. :)

I see reasons for both but 99% of the time, here in Nashville, it's better for me to stay concealed.

I wouldn't want to get pulled into something and HAVE to use the weapon, only because I was OC.

FOR ME--that weapon is a tool used to aid my "retreat to safety" when my life is in danger, nothing more. I don't want to think of all the "what if's" so I don't. If that weapon is being pulled then I am in imminent danger of losing my life or limb.

I think the police here in Nashville do a good job with what they got and I rely on them to fight the crime. If a bank was being robbed and I didn't feel like my life, or anyone else's, was in jeopardy then I wouldn't get involved. I'm not scared of the bullets, I'm scared of the lawyers that may follow.