Do you wear gun related clothing?

Do you wear shooting related clothes/ hats?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear shooting related clothes/ hats?

• Yes, it's my everyday dress.
    • Yes, but only when going to the range or a gun related event.
    • No, because I don't have any.
    • No, I decided not to wear gun related clothes.

I have 1 of every shirt offered by the NRA on the online store, my son (16 years old) has a few too, my wife has several as well.

Do I wear them ALL THE TIME??? No

But I do wear them often, and I wear them proudly...It is not meant to advertise that I am carrying a gun (even though I am carrying one...or 2)...It is meant to advertise my political point of view, and to say that I'M NOT ASHAMED OF IT.

I wear mine to work, out around town, pretty much anywhere...my son wears one of his to school, its the one that says "The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" because that one has no guns pictured, if it had pics of guns on it they would not let him wear it...they don't like it, but they can't really stop it and besides, I don't really care what they do or don't like. They won't be "influencing" my son with their twisted views...and they know it.

I went to the last parent teachers conference wearing the one that says "Family, Freedom & Firearms...Welcome To My World" (several guns pictured on it too)...my sons ROTC teacher (a marine) just smiled and said "Give em hell"...

I'm not an anarchist or anything of the sort...but I'm Free to speak my mind ANYWHERE. I'm well versed, well educated, well dressed (IMO), and I'm all too eager to debate the subject of Freedom and/or firearms with anybody...anybody.

Edited by Ridgerunner665
  • Like 1
Guest boatme99

No, for two reasons. 1. I don't advertise the fact that I have any weapons on my person, vehicle, or home. And 2. I won't buy ANY clothing that advertises a Company. Why should I pay to my money to sell their product? If they want me to advertise for them, they can give me the stuff to wear.

Only when I am not carrying. The other day the wife and I went to a matinee in Providence, I was wearing my "this is my Glock" T-shirt several people looked at me as if they wondered if I was packing. I was entertained by this but when I do carry I do not advertise in any way, it sort of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

still waiting to see evidence that a sticker on the car or a t shirt gets someone singled out.

I had an HK sticker on the back glass of my truck for 3 years. It was never broken into.

My wife has a "Got Sig" on the back of her truck... same deal. The only thing she has gotten has been smiles, and a few "thumbs up".

(It's coming off soon, only because she bought an M&Pc.)

I have wore gun T-shirts on vacation, out shopping and have never had any problems, weird looks or anything. The only thing I run into is usually a good conversation about guns. That's about it.

Waiting on my wife at the mall an older man struck up a conversation with me because of n HK ballcap I had on. He was a WWII vet and (navy guy in the pacific) we talked for a good while about everything. (And I mean EVERYTHING! Hahaha!) Great guy. Wealth of life experiences.

Waiting on my wife at the mall an older man struck up a conversation with me because of n HK ballcap I had on. He was a WWII vet and (navy guy in the pacific) we talked for a good while about everything. (And I mean EVERYTHING! Hahaha!) Great guy. Wealth of life experiences.

I still get like a little kid when I talk to someone like that. I used to listen to my Grandfather and Uncles go on for hours lol I miss that. :up:

I still get like a little kid when I talk to someone like that. I used to listen to my Grandfather and Uncles go on for hours lol I miss that. :D

Me too. My Dad owned a Barber shop and I used to sit around and listen to these guys all day. :up:

No, I just am stating my opinion, like back the 90s when i bought my first glock, i got a real nice free cap with it, but after i had several aquaintences as well as a few strangers

ask me, if i carried a gun it sort of made me wonder!

Just like i do when i go to a gunshow and see bumper stickers about guns, makes me wonder as to where that persons gun is, since legally they cant have it inside. A lot of people have Alarm signs in their yard, to indicate they have an Alarm, i would think most do.

I always just try to be aware of my surroundings, since i work in rest. mgmt. in some of the worst parts of town, and unfortunately several people have been robbed and shot over the yrs. whom i do know and a couple even killed and or raped!

Like if i see someone with a Porsche jacket or key ring, i would think that is the vehicle that person is driving. I just try to be incognito, and if you think, that i am trying to start something, by simply expressing my observations, then i will not partake in this discussion! Thank's

Dude I think you kinda over analyze stuff. If you see Bubba that looks like ZZ Top and looks like he hasn't showered in three years and he wearing a Porsche shirt, he must drive a Porsche. Back on Topic I will wear gun related clothes I have two shirts right now that are gun related and one hat and I don't worry about what people think why should I care.

slim said

Just like i do when i go to a gunshow and see bumper stickers about guns, makes me wonder as to where that persons gun is, since legally they cant have it inside.

You certainly may legally take your gun into a gun show. I do everytime. It does not get left in the car.

• Like 1
Guest db99wj

I have some, a hat a shirt, I even have a sticker of my local range on my Jeep. My new Jeep, a Wrangler, I will not have a sticker on it, due to security issues. That reminds me, got to order a car safe...

• Administrator
No, for two reasons. 1. I don't advertise the fact that I have any weapons on my person, vehicle, or home. And 2. I won't buy ANY clothing that advertises a Company. Why should I pay to my money to sell their product? If they want me to advertise for them, they can give me the stuff to wear.

Do you cover up the emblems on your tennis shoes also? Don't want to advertise for New Balance or Nike or Reebok or...

still waiting to see evidence that a sticker on the car or a t shirt gets someone singled out.

I wear an NRA shirt sometimes.

There's just zero evidence of it and whatever may exist are purely anecdotal stories about a friend of a friend's roommate's brother who had his Kia broken into because he had a giant Hi-Point sticker on the back glass. They probably stole his range bag but left the Hi-Point anyway, so I don't know why that story is even worth telling. :screwy:

Guest shadow12

I would love to have a HI-Point sticker, put it beside my Kimber and Glock stickers.

And just because someone wears clothing for something doesn't mean they have it. I ride a Harley, you know how many people I see wearing Harley shirts, or even better OCC Shirts. You can look at some and tell they have never even touched an OCC bike let alone own one. My 11 Year old son has gun shirts, he doesn't carry...Much.

• Administrator
I would love to have a HI-Point sticker, put it beside my Kimber and Glock stickers.

And just because someone wears clothing for something doesn't mean they have it. I ride a Harley, you know how many people I see wearing Harley shirts, or even better OCC Shirts. You can look at some and tell they have never even touched an OCC bike let alone own one. My 11 Year old son has gun shirts, he doesn't carry...Much.

That lad should be reprimanded. For not carrying all the time. :up:

Guest db99wj

:up:!! LOL!

slim said

You certainly may legally take your gun into a gun show. I do everytime. It does not get left in the car.

Then why is it posted, no guns & ammo? This is a very questionable area, since like at Chilhowee, no guns are even allowed period! Also seems most shows are in a public park.

Guest GUTTERbOY
We were talking about carrying a loaded gun!

That's not what you said the first time:

Just like i do when i go to a gunshow and see bumper stickers about guns, makes me wonder as to where that persons gun is, since legally they cant have it inside.

:up:

If it's on top of the pile in the drawer, or the first thing I grab out of the closet, I wear it wherever. Work, class, the dentist, doesn't really matter. Well, I don't wear when I'm going out on a date, but different rules apply there unless I'm taking her to the range. I guess that counts as a time I avoid wearing them?