My first 5.7

Gurn

Been thinking for a long time it would be fun to have a pistol in 5.7x28 .  So when. Palmetto State had the “blemish “ 5.7 Rock on sale for $399 I decided to jump in.  I handled the Smith version but hated the grip feel and then the Ruger which was nice but went with the Rock because of the price. It also seems to have the best reviews. Got it a few days ago and love the feel of it. It came optics cut for a RMSc red dot and extended threaded barrel.  Now to find some affordable ammunition. Lol. Any of you have something in 5.7? What’s your impressions? 

E6B8BC71-5788-4749-B155-F2731E530EBC.jpeg

75AE157F-6BB0-4AF7-91BC-15D015FB527E.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice looking pistol, but I don't want to start a new caliber and am sticking with 38/357, 9 MM and 40 MM for now. I have purposefully stayed away from the 30 and 5.7 calibers. 

Hope you enjoy your new tool. good luck with the ammo thing. 

I’ve liked the 5.7 since fn first came out with it.  Initial high price of both the original gun and ammo shied me away.  Now I’m like pop pop, not interested in adding new calibers.  Looks like a Sweet gun though!

Edited by Defender

Let's see: I have a Rock 5.7 with both threaded and un-threaded barrels, a Ruger 5.7, a Ruger LC Carbine, and the new Ruger LC Charger at the FFL for pickup.  All the pistols have either a 407 K green dot sight or 507C Gen 2 green dot.  The LC Carbine has a Holosun 512 gold dot I'm rather fond of and may purchase a 3rd for the Charger if I don't like a 507 on it.

The 5.7 are soft recoiling... but LOUD.  The Ruger triggers are lighter, but mushy.  I prefer the Rock trigger with a clearly defined wall.

If you decide to put a Holosun optic on the Rock, just be aware that you must cut the screws to fit.  I bought this just to cut the screws cleanly:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072TZ6JBG/

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, billmeek said:

Let's see: I have a Rock 5.7 with both threaded and un-threaded barrels, a Ruger 5.7, a Ruger LC Carbine, and the new Ruger LC Charger at the FFL for pickup.  All the pistols have either a 407 K green dot sight or 507C Gen 2 green dot.  The LC Carbine has a Holosun 512 gold dot I'm rather fond of and may purchase a 3rd for the Charger if I don't like a 507 on it.

The 5.7 are soft recoiling... but LOUD.  The Ruger triggers are lighter, but mushy.  I prefer the Rock trigger with a clearly defined wall.

If you decide to put a Holosun optic on the Rock, just be aware that you must cut the screws to fit.  I bought this just to cut the screws cleanly:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072TZ6JBG/

You got a nice assortment going there! 

I saw that on the PSA forum about the screw issues. How they did some damage to the plastic striker housing

Still researching which RMSc red or green dot I want to get. 

Will probably order some of that Fiocchi 150 rnd range pack ammo from AE Ammo . Free shipping with $250 order. 

I hope PSA comes out with a carbine. 

Edited by Gurn

Hi Gurn! I got in on a shot show special with Palmetto in January & picked up my Rock 5.7 in Sniper Green-WITH FREE INCLUDED 407 holosun(with proper screws) bundled with it as a package for $499 and never looked back.  It too is my first foray into the caliber.  Fun fact: the understand that both Rugers (pistol & carbine) accept this higher capacity mag! So next on the 5.7 list is a companion carbine from Ruger to go alongside Rocky.  Enjoy, my friend

IMG_0885.jpeg

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Gurn said:

You got a nice assortment going there! 

Still researching which RMSc red or green dot I want to get. 

I hope PSA comes out with a carbine. 

Thanks.

I'm a big fan of the green dot and circle sights.

While PSA may come out with a 5.7 Carbine, I expect to see the "Pebble" first.  It's a compact version of the Rock:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/forum/t/compact-rock/22508/48

Yeah I’m also hoping for the “Pebble “ . Although something with an even shorter barrel may be on the anemic side.  Kinda why I was glad when the threaded barrel version came out. Every little bit helps.