If you think RFK Jr would protect the 2nd Amendment

8 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Why would anyone think a Kennedy would be pro-2A?

From a June 5th interview. 

"During a Monday conversation with Elon Musk, Democrat presidential hopeful Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said the Second Amendment is settled and that a Kennedy administration will not be trying to take away guns.

Dr. Benjamin Braddock quoted RFK Jr. saying, “My position on gun control is that I’m not going to take away anybody’s guns. I’m a constitutional maximalist and the issue has been settled by the Supreme Court.”

I've never seen or heard of a Boston Kennedy or later generation that wasn't a professional liar. 

6 hours ago, crc4 said:

Eye-opening interview with RFK Jr.

RFK Jr. interview with Reason magazine

from the interview - On banning assault weapons, he said, "I'm not going to take away anybody's guns," but if a bipartisan bill to do so passed Congress, he'd sign it."

That's the perfect progressive/loony tunes thinking that will have Democrats cheering after 4 years of Joey "Stumbles the Clown" Biden.

Completely irrelevant.  Bobby Kennedy, the Sequel has as much chance of being president as I do ...

10 hours ago, No_0ne said:

Completely irrelevant.  Bobby Kennedy, the Sequel has as much chance of being president as I do ...

RFK Jr is not irrelevant. He can easily become the nominee by those progressives who see Biden as a stumbling, bumbling fool unlikely to be re-elected. Kamala Harris is also viewed as a liability.

RFK Jr, a political progressive who has stated that those who deny climate change should be locked up, meets the credentials that progressives (Democrats) yearn for. 

Progressives know that Biden is toast. RFK Jr. meets the progressive agenda, has the Hollywood/California influence and money, the Kennedy name, and since he can walk and talk coherently unlike Biden, can capture the nomination.

Progressives do something that Republicans don't. They don't hold public pissing contests among their candidates. Republicans continue to shoot themselves and each other in the foot until they're all lame.

Never underestimate progressives or the ability of Republicans to be petty and foolish.

Edited by crc4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHOA!  You guys really educated me about this guy!  I was actually kind of liking him based on what others said and a few interviews I saw, especially his views about the whole forced jabs issue.   However, I never can trust a Kennedy as others said and anyone who supports the Democrat party just makes me raise eyebrows since their entire moral compass is really all about empowering the central authoritarian regime and promoting more Big Government.  I mean I am not saying I trust most any of the Republicans running either, but I do feel less afraid than many of the Dems I see.

That being said, I wanted Manchin to be that "Dem" I could really appreciate and now he is championing disarming people, banning semi-auto rifles to protect our families and empower the government and state.  What a sellout to the people of West Virginia, who thought he was on their side.  

And, I can see this RFK Jr guy being an even bigger potential hazard as he may start championing the Dem causes, but will try to appeal to the right saying how he understands their concerns, but just wants "SENSIBLE" and "REASONBLE" laws that developed countries should have.   

The thing that worries me about RFK Jr is how many of my more Libertarian-minded, small-government people think he is so different, whereas if he truly supports stripping Americans of their 2nd AMendment rights, put him in the camp of fascists in my book.  And, the worst kind of fascists are the ones that manipulate the broad spectrum of the population to appeal to them enough to get into power. 

I guess we can come to terms that there are no GOOD Kennedys.

Edited by JonDaniels
9 hours ago, JonDaniels said:

WHOA!  You guys really educated me about this guy!  I was actually kind of liking him based on what others said and a few interviews I saw, especially his views about the whole forced jabs issue.   However, I never can trust a Kennedy as others said and anyone who supports the Democrat party just makes me raise eyebrows since their entire moral compass is really all about empowering the central authoritarian regime and promoting more Big Government.  I mean I am not saying I trust most any of the Republicans running either, but I do feel less afraid than many of the Dems I see.

That being said, I wanted Manchin to be that "Dem" I could really appreciate and now he is championing disarming people, banning semi-auto rifles to protect our families and empower the government and state.  What a sellout to the people of West Virginia, who thought he was on their side.  

And, I can see this RFK Jr guy being an even bigger potential hazard as he may start championing the Dem causes, but will try to appeal to the right saying how he understands their concerns, but just wants "SENSIBLE" and "REASONBLE" laws that developed countries should have.   

The thing that worries me about RFK Jr is how many of my more Libertarian-minded, small-government people think he is so different, whereas if he truly supports stripping Americans of their 2nd AMendment rights, put him in the camp of fascists in my book.  And, the worst kind of fascists are the ones that manipulate the broad spectrum of the population to appeal to them enough to get into power. 

I guess we can come to terms that there are no GOOD Kennedys.

You're correct. The one thing I would disagree with is that 'consistent' libertarians are NOT for RFK Jr. and understand that his positions are as fluid as the various groups he attempts to appeal to. Always watch for inconsistencies, lies, and, in RFK Jr's case, his appeal to popularity. 

Restricting and reducing government power, restoration of full property rights, free speech, and the natural right of self-defense are the mainstays of libertarianism.

Property rights are the most important right and it takes the 2nd Amendment to enforce those rights. Giving up either is the short road to totalitarianism as we see has developed in America.

Edited by crc4
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 8:51 AM, crc4 said:

You're correct. The one thing I would disagree with is that 'consistent' libertarians are NOT for RFK Jr. and understand that his positions are as fluid as the various groups he attempts to appeal to. Always watch for inconsistencies, lies, and, in RFK Jr's case, his appeal to popularity. 

Restricting and reducing government power, restoration of full property rights, free speech, and the natural right of self-defense are the mainstays of libertarianism.

Property rights are the most important right and it takes the 2nd Amendment to enforce those rights. Giving up either is the short road to totalitarianism as we see has developed in America.

I totally agree with you crc and I agree that land/property ownership and gun rights are two of the most critical rights that when lost basically indicate that you no longer live in any type of free or liberated society.   

The entire fractional reserve banking system through the unscrupulous policies of central banks (specifically the Federal Reserve) in kahoots with our Us Treasury has basically helped speed up the loss of property rights through extortion of the middle class and empowering the elite.  Many people live recklessly and beyond their means which drives up the cost of housing and daily goods and then pay exorbitant fees to banks and are literally just leasing homes they probably can never pay off.    I follow people like Michael Pento, Peter Schiff, Luke Gromen, Jim Rogers, Rick Rule, Ron Paul/Chris Rossini, Doug Casey among many other free market economists/investors/advocates. 

Schiff, e.g., goes into detail about how in the 1950s a plumber could afford a nice home in the suburbs, two cars, a stay-at-home wife, kids, and money to spare.   Today you got two working people making over 80-200k a year who are renting an apartment and can barely pay their bills.    It's like the government is setting it all up to bankrupt the middle class to empower themselves without having to fire one round or forcefully take one home, since everyone leaves voluntarily when they foreclose or go bankrupt.

I will say that Libertarians should not support RFK Jr, but I am shocked at how some people I respect still think he is someone kind of liberty lover because of his anti-Covid vax interviews yet overlook the other fascist policies he supports.

I generally don't like putting a label on myself, but I guess I feel I do have to identify with one mainstream group its Libertarians.  But, I am a believer in minimal government overall.   I trust very few politicians, even people in the Libertarian party.

Edited by JonDaniels
  • Like 2

I would love to see this guy debate Trump. Two dudes just slinging lie after lie and talking over each other. They actually have some similarities with each one loving to make bold claims without any proof. RFK went on Joe Rogan and claimed wi-fi is causing brain cancer. When pressed for details he couldn't provide them. 

Interesting times we live in. Feels more like Idiocracy every day. 

• Like 3