Leaving for gatlinburg wed....where are the must go places?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TargetShooter84

There's another museum for cars called Star Cars....features ALL the cars that was featured in the movies from Batman (bruce keaton to val kilmer), ghostbusters, bullit, andy griffith show, knight rider, herbie, etc etc from the movies...really good place if your a movie buff.

Corky's in Pigeon Forge has good BBQ and excellent dry rub ribs.

That place is awesome to eat!

Surprised nobody's said this but The Wonder World (The White House that is upside down) I've heard pretty good reviews from friends that have went there.

Guest tnmale46
I can't believe anyone hasn't said Dixie Stampede. It's a must! Your whole family will enjoy it. dinner and a show and it's all eaten with your hands, no forks or spoons and is always good foos and good times.

x2 when me and wife went they sold to many tickets to the section where they seated us moved us a couple times but that was ok . they gave me back over half the money good food good show.

Pancake Pantry is a MUST!!! +1+1+1!!! And don't be fooled by the long line at the door. It moves really fast! If you like Japanese, I recommend Little Tokyo in Pigeon Forge. If you like home cooking, I like Clint's outside of Sevierville, going towards Newport. Can't say enough about J Floyd's! They are nice folks in there. Other than that, hit the mountains every chance you get. Head to Cades Cove. If your into hiking, I've always like the Rainbow Falls trail. Have fun and don't pass up the Pancake Pantry!!!:rolleyes:

.....Surprised nobody's said this but The Wonder World (The White House that is upside down) I've heard pretty good reviews from friends that have went there.

Wonder Works.

Next to Tomy Roma's (which used to be Alabama Grill, then Country Legends Grill), next to Miracle Theater (which used to be the Louise Mandrell Theater).

Wonder Works (and Miracle, and Magic Tonight, and I forget what all else) is owned by Black Bear Jamboree folks on the other side of Wonder Works.

Wonder Works is great place for the kids.

And back one street at the end of Sevierville is the Apple Barn complex, one of the biggest tourist eateries in the county.

- OS

I have heard Pancake Pantry is good. I just don't want to walk that far at 5AM to get in line. I always drive back to Pigeon Forge and go to Duffs Smorgasbord....mmm. If you don't mind the drive head over to what's left of Elkmont and walk through the old city portion that is closed. The home sites on the river are amazing!!

No trip to Gatlinburg is worth the gas unless you hike Mt. Leconte and take in the views from Cliff Top and Myrtle Point. The city is just an overcommercialized money trap.

The voice of reason! G-Burg is there because of the mountains! It really is one of the most spectacular places in this county. LeConte's a bit of a hike but there are a lot of other things to do.

Get your nature on.

Guest Bluemax

If your looking for exercise and cardio and aren't into the hiking thing you and the future wife could always swing by Sexy Stuff....you are getting married you know;)

A Little Bit Of Nothing For Next To Nothing!!!